College Football 2018 - minus the troll

I don't see it changing from 4 teams anytime soon!

It'll have to change. There will eventually be lawsuits. There are too many coaches already complaining and with good reason: they're missing out on money and recruits due to the decisions of a committee that isn't even part of the NCAA. The CFP championship is not, I repeat not, the NCAA championship and the NCAA neither controls nor sanctions the committee or the "playoff". I'd guess there are bowl organizers out there who are not very happy either.

It'll have to change. There will eventually be lawsuits. There are too many coaches already complaining and with good reason: they're missing out on money and recruits due to the decisions of a committee that isn't even part of the NCAA. The CFP championship is not, I repeat not, the NCAA championship and the NCAA neither controls nor sanctions the committee or the "playoff". I'd guess there are bowl organizers out there who are not very happy either.

Don't put your faith in the NCAA

Don't put your faith in the NCAA

Don't worry, I won't.

There are a multiple college basketball teams that should be on probation for their involvement in the recent scandal uncovered by the FBI. The FBI has gotten fraud convictions in court, yet the NCAA looks the other way.

Today we get the first round of the playoffs!! Clemson v. Notre Dame and then Alabama v. Oklahoma.

Then on 1/7 we get to watch Alabama v. Clemson!!

I am accustomed to the annual Washington State debate about whether to keep a coach, because you don't think that Pullman can attract a better one. But, I do question why ND hasn't been able to do better since Holtz left. Kelly is obviously worlds above Weis.

The selection committee fucked up choosing ND over UCF.
If ND doesn't join a power conference they shouldn't be considered for the CFP.

ND looked good during the regular season. But have a habit of pretending to be back, and then folding like a cheap tent in a hurricane.

ND looked good during the regular season. But have a habit of pretending to be back, and then folding like a cheap tent in a hurricane.

If UCF beats LSU today the CFP selection committee will have pie on it's face ... again.
In fact I'd like to see them #2 in the final rankings, especially if the NC is not close, although I think it will be.

If UCF beats LSU today the CFP selection committee will have pie on it's face ... again.
In fact I'd like to see them #2 in the final rankings, especially if the NC is not close, although I think it will be.

I get that UCF has a great undefeated run. But against who? Half their games have been against teams with a losing record. Alabama catches hell about scheduling cupcakes, but UCF's entire schedule is cupcakes. Who did they beat that is worth anything? Pitt? Temple? Memphis seems to be a signature win for them.

I get that UCF has a great undefeated run. But against who? Half their games have been against teams with a losing record. Alabama catches hell about scheduling cupcakes, but UCF's entire schedule is cupcakes. Who did they beat that is worth anything? Pitt? Temple? Memphis seems to be a signature win for them.
That is true. ND had a far more impressive schedule although their wins in the first half of the season were unimpressive. Maybe UCF should play ND in a bowl called the NIT Bowl, after the NCAA NIT basketball tournament. lol
Too bad Vanderbilt didn't beat ND (at ND no less) they should have. It would have at least allowed OSU in if not UCF.
Regardless, as flawed as selecting 4 teams by invitation is, it does produce the two best teams in the end.

UCF lost to the #5 or #6 team in the SEC. I guess that means they didn't win back to back national championships?

UCF lost to the #5 or #6 team in the SEC. I guess that means they didn't win back to back national championships?
UCF woulda got creamed in the CFP semifinal by anyone but ND. Like I said, those two should play in a special edition of college football NIT Tournament.

#5 or 6? I have to think about this:confused:
Alabama, GA (got creamed by LSU), FL (barely) and ????

Last edited:

Oh, is UCF in a power 5 conference? ND and BYU are considered Power 5 equivalent teams because their schedules are built around playing Power 5 teams. I imagine BYU has a lesser schedule overall, but, rather than schedule FCS cupcakes, ND merely breaks-up its schedule by playing non-Power 5 opponents, like the Navy game. The agreement to play 5 ACC games makes the schedule look less impressive than the past, when it could simply play the ACC's best team, and then have more room to play the Big-12, and non-rivalry teams in the Midwest or on the West Coast.

Back