College football starts in 7 weeks!!

It made a difference. If auburn had only 1 loss they would have made the playoffs.

And Bama’s opening game has been tougher than most over the last 10 or 12 years.

Apparently not since Alabama didn't play another game after LOSING to Auburn yet making the playoffs. According to you losing later in the season makes a difference. Alabama's loss was the last regular season game and they didn't have to overcome that loss. You fail again.

Louisville is not a tough team but at least your honest enough to admit Alabama plays nothings for their first game. In fact, Alabama's first three games are nothing teams and it doesn't really get any better, with Texas AM being a possibility, until game 9 of the season. In week 11, Alabama plays 1AA Citadel.

The schedule we are playing was written 2 or 3 years ago.

Are you going to argue that Arkansas St., Louisiana - Lafayette, and The Citadel were expected to be powerhouses 2 to 3 years after the schedule was made?

For 2015 - 2017, L - L was 4-8, 6-7, and 5-7 respectively. The Citadel, although more competitive, has done so in 1-AA. Are you aware that football isn't the primary focus of The Citadel? Louisville over the past 3 years has a winning percentage of less than 2/3 (.64) and that is in a conference that is mediocre at best.

Search "toughest football schedules 2018" and check out what pops up. After looking at several, Alabama is nowhere to be found.

Apparently not since Alabama didn't play another game after LOSING to Auburn yet making the playoffs. According to you losing later in the season makes a difference. Alabama's loss was the last regular season game and they didn't have to overcome that loss. You fail again.

Louisville is not a tough team but at least your honest enough to admit Alabama plays nothings for their first game. In fact, Alabama's first three games are nothing teams and it doesn't really get any better, with Texas AM being a possibility, until game 9 of the season. In week 11, Alabama plays 1AA Citadel.

Texas A&M played Clemson to the wire and could have won.

Alabama made the playoffs because the Playoff Committee thought they were the 4th best team in the country. Since we then beat the #1 team and won the National Championship, it looks like they were right to include Bama.

Are you going to argue that Arkansas St., Louisiana - Lafayette, and The Citadel were expected to be powerhouses 2 to 3 years after the schedule was made?

For 2015 - 2017, L - L was 4-8, 6-7, and 5-7 respectively. The Citadel, although more competitive, has done so in 1-AA. Are you aware that football isn't the primary focus of The Citadel? Louisville over the past 3 years has a winning percentage of less than 2/3 (.64) and that is in a conference that is mediocre at best.

Search "toughest football schedules 2018" and check out what pops up. After looking at several, Alabama is nowhere to be found.

I never said there were no cupcakes on our schedule. Not once. I did say cupcakes are in pretty much every team’s schedule. And they are.

I never said there were no cupcakes on our schedule. Not once. I did say cupcakes are in pretty much every team’s schedule. And they are.

Your schedule until game 9, with possibly the exception of AM, are cupcakes.

Again, Alabama not on the toughest 25 schedules. Why would a team that is supposedly as good as Alabama play any cupcakes. Afraid they'll lose if they play real competition?

It says a lot.

I don’t recall anyone saying Hurts was the greatest of all time. A better QB showed up and won the starting position. No, it does not say anything about him. He is the backup QB for the defending Nationa Champions.

Your schedule until game 9, with possibly the exception of AM, are cupcakes.

Again, Alabama not on the toughest 25 schedules. Why would a team that is supposedly as good as Alabama play any cupcakes. Afraid they'll lose if they play real competition?

Say what you will. I am enjoying being ranked #1. We’ll probably be in the playoffs again this season. Like we have every year there have been playoffs.

I don’t recall anyone saying Hurts was the greatest of all time. A better QB showed up and won the starting position. No, it does not say anything about him. He is the backup QB for the defending Nationa Champions.

No one claimed anyone said that.

Al.com called him a legend just a few short weeks before he was replaced. Hurts, when Alabama was losing to Miss. St. in the 3rd quarter in November, 2017, was quoted as saying, "I'm built for stuff like this". Rather arrogant coming from someone that was replaced just a few weeks later. Apparently that clutch stripped out sometime between then an the first of January, 2018.

Say what you will. I am enjoying being ranked #1. We’ll probably be in the playoffs again this season. Like we have every year there have been playoffs.

The weak schedule speaks for itself. As I said, it's not hard to remain #1 when you play no one. It's much harder to work your way there when you have to do so.

The weak schedule speaks for itself. As I said, it's not hard to remain #1 when you play no one. It's much harder to work your way there when you have to do so.

Well, I will leave the whining about our schedule to you. This Saturday we play the team that came very close to beating Clemson.

No one claimed anyone said that.

Al.com called him a legend just a few short weeks before he was replaced. Hurts, when Alabama was losing to Miss. St. in the 3rd quarter in November, 2017, was quoted as saying, "I'm built for stuff like this". Rather arrogant coming from someone that was replaced just a few weeks later. Apparently that clutch stripped out sometime between then an the first of January, 2018.

He is very confident. A requirement for a QB at a top program.

Why is it so important to you that Hurts is a “stripped out clutch”? He is still a very good QB.

He is very confident. A requirement for a QB at a top program.

Why is it so important to you that Hurts is a “stripped out clutch”? He is still a very good QB.
No doubt he'll transfer next yr. and do well wherever he goes. And he can pick and choose where that is.
Same with Joe Burrow.
LSU was a perfect fit for him. They hardly had to recruit him.

No doubt he'll transfer next yr. and do well wherever he goes. And he can pick and choose where that is.
Same with Joe Burrow.
LSU was a perfect fit for him. They hardly had to recruit him.

He could very well do that. I'd hate to see him leave, but I would understand if he did. He would start at most places.

He could very well do that. I'd hate to see him leave, but I would understand if he did. He would start at most places.
However, no one really knows what Hurts is going to do. He tweeted the following verse today:

“Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand” – John 13:7 Just let God work his magic,” he wrote.
https://thespun.com/news/alabama-qb-jalen-hurts-tweets-cryptic-message-after-saturdays-game

Interesting. He could still redshirt and transfer but he could still be drafted.

Back