College football starts in 7 weeks!!

I don't watch pro football. Reason being is that it's purely an entertainment business. Players don't play for their cities or any local allegiance . They play for whoever pays them the most.
Div. 1 college football has become a farm league for pro teams with the best players not finishing 4 yrs of college and sitting out bowl games at the end of their 3 yrs. They don't really care about the team they're playing for, but I can't say I blame them.
So here's my solution: If a player makes the decision to accept a scholarship to play football at a Div. 1 college, they're not eligible for the big league until 4 yrs. later. If they want to quit early they can play for a farm team or play in the Canadian or European league until they become eligible.
If they believe they can play in the big league out of high school, go for it, let them be eligible from day one. Baseball drafts players out of high school.

But I'm getting less and less interested in college football. It's a farm league for the pros.
Then end the hypocrisy and pay them.

I think the whole thing was overblown,he fired the guy.
I guess they thought he should have fired him sooner
Oh you know how the talking head yellow journalist are. Everyone should be either fired, prosecuted, jailed and executed. My concern is no one is talking about how people’s reputations and livelihood are being ruined over what could well be not domestic abuse but retaliation by a vengeful person.

Domestic abuse is a serious issue and should be taken seriously but journalists using this as a form of sensationalism and ruining people’s lives is unconscionable.

Oh you know how the talking head yellow journalist are. Everyone should be either fired, prosecuted, jailed and executed. My concern is no one is talking about how people’s reputations and livelihood are being ruined over what could well be not domestic abuse but retaliation by a vengeful person.

Domestic abuse is a serious issue and should be taken seriously but journalists using this as a form of sensationalism and ruining people’s lives is unconscionable.

Where does the coach's responsibility end and the police begin.

HOLY CRAP!!!

That was an eye opening first half. Dwayne Haskins went 14 for 18 and 3 TDs in a quarter and a half in his first game as a starter. Don’t think those are just stats. Haskins was throwing frozen ropes with a super quick release and touch to seven different receivers in just 23 minutes of play before coach day sent the scrubs in. 42-7 in the first half against a PAC 12 opponent? Now obviously Oregon State isn’t that great but they aren’t exactly Appalachian State either.

I tell you what, OSU’s opponents better plan on getting heat on Haskins or he will light them up.

HOLY CRAP!!!

That was an eye opening first half. Dwayne Haskins went 14 for 18 and 3 TDs in a quarter and a half in his first game as a starter. Don’t think those are just stats. Haskins was throwing frozen ropes with a super quick release and touch to seven different receivers in just 23 minutes of play before coach day sent the scrubs in. 42-7 in the first half against a PAC 12 opponent? Now obviously Oregon State isn’t that great but they aren’t exactly Appalachian State either.

I tell you what, OSU’s opponents better plan on getting heat on Haskins or he will light them up.

OSU of Oregon has basically been Appalachian State for the past several years, routinely losing games to FCS opponents. That said, their offense and QB showed a lot of promise in the first quarter. I will be happy if that program has finally evolved beyond being a laughing-stalk. OSU of Ohio has come away looking much more impressive than I anticipated, though.

OSU of Oregon has basically been Appalachian State for the past several years, routinely losing games to FCS opponents. That said, their offense and QB showed a lot of promise in the first quarter. I will be happy if that program has finally evolved beyond being a laughing-stalk. OSU of Ohio has come away looking much more impressive than I anticipated, though.

The Beavers running back is headed to the pros. The Bucks defense showed you could move the ball on them but was difficult to evaluate as the first string only played a third of the game. Haskins though was a major eye opener. If you can watch a replay of the first quarter just watch how quickly he gets the ball off, his arm strength and accuracy. He’s the best pro prospect at QB at OSU since Bob Hoying.

Yea dont get me wrong but as the Beavers are not that great. Still and all a Sophmore QB on his first start against a Big 5 Conf team throwing 73%, 313 yards and 5 TD while only playing 3 qtrs was impressive.

Last edited:
Good weekend so far! Bama dismantled Louisville. The QB controversy exists only in the minds of the media, and our Defense will be fine.

Loved seeing Miami get bitch-slapped by LSU!

And I am still waiting to see Harbaugh become the savior his fans think he will be.

Let's see. Louisville was picked to finish 5th in their division. Calling Alabama beating them a dismantling would be the same as being surprised a college team beat a high school JV team.

33 - 17 is hardly a bitch slap.

Good weekend so far! Bama dismantled Louisville. The QB controversy exists only in the minds of the media, and our Defense will be fine.

Loved seeing Miami get bitch-slapped by LSU!

And I am still waiting to see Harbaugh become the savior his fans think he will be.
What controversy? Tua is already the front runner for the Heisman.

Let's see. Louisville was picked to finish 5th in their division. Calling Alabama beating them a dismantling would be the same as being surprised a college team beat a high school JV team.

33 - 17 is hardly a bitch slap.
Well I wouldn’t count them out. They reloaded and their QB Tua is something special.

Bucks look good...don't they?

Yes, but they haven’t played a top tier team yet. They had both of their first games wrapped up in the first half. I have concerns that good teams will be able to move the ball in our defense and it will be interesting to see how Haskins performs against teams that can put pressure on him.

Well I wouldn’t count them out. They reloaded and their QB Tua is something special.

Similar things were said about Jalen Hurts. Wasn't he referred to as "Mr. Clutch"?

As far as counting out Alabama, it's hard to say. So far they've beaten a team, Arkansas St., who plays in a conference of mediocrity where half of the teams had a losing record and perennial powerhouse Louisville who was finished to pick 5th in their division which can barely be considered much above the level of mediocrity of the Sun Belt.

Only time will tell.

Yes, but they haven’t played a top tier team yet. They had both of their first games wrapped up in the first half. I have concerns that good teams will be able to move the ball in our defense and it will be interesting to see how Haskins performs against teams that can put pressure on him.
Ok...;)

Back