D Creates Far More Jobs Than R

they get paid with tax dollars and pay part of them back as tax dollars so they can get paid with tax dollars.....its like trying to eat your own shit and claiming you're self sufficient.......

Of course....I keep forgetting...you are the most unprophetic prophet on the planet.

Actually, it's not like that at all. It's providing services to the public. What's your plan for the mentally Ill, the developmentally disabled, the elderly, the roads, the bridges, the dams and levees? What's your plan for our energy needs that don't include fucking up people's lives or livelihoods?

Let me guess.....private charity....and "drill, baby drill".

In other words.....nothing.

Of course....I keep forgetting...you are the most unprophetic prophet on the planet.

Actually, it's not like that at all. It's providing services to the public. What's your plan for the mentally Ill, the developmentally disabled, the elderly, the roads, the bridges, the dams and levees? What's your plan for our energy needs that don't include fucking up people's lives or livelihoods?

oh look....its time to change the topic......I guess we don't want to discuss who pays for things any more.....

oh look....its time to change the topic......I guess we don't want to discuss who pays for things any more.....

Public servants earn their money....it isn't "given to them". They put in the hours, they put in the effort. And for every bad egg in the civil service system, there are a thousand that are dilligent, hard workers who actually give a shit about giving the taxpayer the best bang for their buck.

You have no clue, friend.

But I really would like to hear your answers.

Essentially you've been arguing that it is the public sector that will lead this country's economic growth and along with it jobs sort of in line with the European economic model. The thing is government jobs are supported with money that is taxed or borrowed out of the economy.

It is market forces that will lead us to the stronger economic and job growth we want.

Essentially you've been arguing that it is the public sector that will lead this country's economic growth and along with it jobs sort of in line with the European economic model. The thing is government jobs are supported with money that is taxed or borrowed out of the economy.

It is market forces that will lead us to the stronger economic and job growth we want.

That's not my argument at all. I have no issue with private industry. However, you have to admit that private industry dropped the torch.

Instead of looking at and developing innovative technology.that will lead to a cleaner and renewable energy...they've spent.billions trying to maintain the status quo of fossil fuels....which are getting harder and harder to access.

Here's a long dead idea.....what happened to hydrogen? We have tens of thousands of acres of desert in our Southwest that could easily contain solar arrays that in turn could power a huge electrolysis plant to produce hydrogen. Much like....the Hoover Dam....the Transcontinental Railroad, the St. Lawrence Seaway, and the Eisenhower Interstate System....we could help fund that solar array through our tax dollars and make Hydrogen a reality.

But the oil lobby doesn't want that....the electric companies don't want that....even our auto manufacturers don't want that....because they don't want to change. They Lobby for the status quo.

Public servants earn their money....it isn't "given to them". They put in the hours, they put in the effort. And for every bad egg in the civil service system, there are a thousand that are dilligent, hard workers who actually give a shit about giving the taxpayer the best bang for their buck.

You have no clue, friend.

But I really would like to hear your answers.

I'd like the firefighters who are fighting all the wildfires in California to hear PMP's opinion of public servants.... how about the people shoring up the levees? How about people who maintain the roads, who take care of the sick in public clinics, who process unemployment claims or handle DMV paperwork (wow, those last two jobs are tough -dealing with a public that's stressed and unhappy).

PMP, you couldn't get to the store for your daily bottle of vinegar piss without people who maintain the roads, the stoplights, enforce traffic laws, and move trees that fall across the road. Oh yeah, and how about those weights and measures people who make sure you aren't overcharged for the gas you put in your PMP-Mobile so you can make it to the store?

OCA, PMP is an idiot; I've had him on ignore for ages. Debating him is like trying to hold water in your hands... he just has no backbone, no spine, and apparently no brain. Maybe he's more like a jellyfish. Oh wait, I like jellyfish.

Cawacko said:

Cawacko, it would be great if the private sector led us out of this. They aren't doing that yet. And certainly all the jobs cut at the state govt level and at the federal govt level hurt this country terribly; both in diminished services and in increasing the unemployment rate.

You can blame whatever party you like for the stimulus not being big enough and so many govt jobs getting cut; I blame repubs more but sure, dems could have fought it harder. But we would be in a lot better shape if we hadn't lost all those federal jobs.

Sure wish the private sector would step up; they haven't yet.

you mean since approximately the passage of the Civil Rights Act?......

you want something recent?....well, since we're talking about jobs, how was unemployment for the first seven years of the Bush administration.....compared to what it is now?.....

Civil Rights Act....way to go LBJ, what party was he from?

Not quite as low as during Clinton but nice, not sure that there was something to fix though. How was that unemployment at the end of his term?

What would say has been fixed in this country?

Ok, I see i'm gonna have to dumb it down...................lets phrase it this way...............what major piece of legislation has R or conservatives passed in the last 50 yrs or in what way has the country moved conservatively from legislation in the past 50 yrs?

I concede that "fixed" is in the eye of the beholder.

Thats already been proven to be false, maybe 50+yrs ago there might've been some truth to that, nowadays the public sector is made up mostly of large corporations and when these corps. are allowed to roam free they continually fail to produce.....well except for the CEO, he takes in large amounts of welfare from the government and hooks himself up with a large bonus.

Next you are going to bring back up trickle down...............................lol

That's not my argument at all. I have no issue with private industry. However, you have to admit that private industry dropped the torch.

Instead of looking at and developing innovative technology.that will lead to a cleaner and renewable energy...they've spent.billions trying to maintain the status quo of fossil fuels....which are getting harder and harder to access.

Here's a long dead idea.....what happened to hydrogen? We have tens of thousands of acres of desert in our Southwest that could easily contain solar arrays that in turn could power a huge electrolysis plant to produce hydrogen. Much like....the Hoover Dam....the Transcontinental Railroad, the St. Lawrence Seaway, and the Eisenhower Interstate System....we could help fund that solar array through our tax dollars and make Hydrogen a reality.

But the oil lobby doesn't want that....the electric companies don't want that....even our auto manufacturers don't want that....because they don't want to change. They Lobby for the status quo.

Thats exactly correct, Repubs are the party of the status quo, the do nothing party. There is a reaon they hate the word "progressive".

I'd like the firefighters who are fighting all the wildfires in California to hear PMP's opinion of public servants.... how about the people shoring up the levees? How about people who maintain the roads, who take care of the sick in public clinics, who process unemployment claims or handle DMV paperwork (wow, those last two jobs are tough -dealing with a public that's stressed and unhappy).

PMP, you couldn't get to the store for your daily bottle of vinegar piss without people who maintain the roads, the stoplights, enforce traffic laws, and move trees that fall across the road. Oh yeah, and how about those weights and measures people who make sure you aren't overcharged for the gas you put in your PMP-Mobile so you can make it to the store?

OCA, PMP is an idiot; I've had him on ignore for ages. Debating him is like trying to hold water in your hands... he just has no backbone, no spine, and apparently no brain. Maybe he's more like a jellyfish. Oh wait, I like jellyfish.

Cawacko, it would be great if the private sector led us out of this. They aren't doing that yet. And certainly all the jobs cut at the state govt level and at the federal govt level hurt this country terribly; both in diminished services and in increasing the unemployment rate.

You can blame whatever party you like for the stimulus not being big enough and so many govt jobs getting cut; I blame repubs more but sure, dems could have fought it harder. But we would be in a lot better shape if we hadn't lost all those federal jobs.

I didn't blame a party. I'm talking about policies. Excessive government spending is harming the economy and contributing to holding the private sector back. The 2009 stimulus gave the states a bunch of money to fill voids in the state budget and help states avoid laying off public employees for a year or two. That's nice and all but did nothing to promote economic growth. The 2013 stimulus would be doing the same thing expecting different results.

Less government means more money in the private sector where it is more likely to promote growth hence the need for more fiscal responsibility from all in our government.

PMP and I know each other, he is no mystery to me.

Thats already been proven to be false, maybe 50+yrs ago there might've been some truth to that, nowadays the public sector is made up mostly of large corporations and when these corps. are allowed to roam free they continually fail to produce.....well except for the CEO, he takes in large amounts of welfare from the government and hooks himself up with a large bonus.

Next you are going to bring back up trickle down...............................lol

The public sector is made up of large corporations? Not following you on that one.

The U.S. became the world's economic leader based on our market based economy. I have no idea what you are arguing.

I didn't blame a party. I'm talking about policies. Excessive government spending is harming the economy and contributing to holding the private sector back. The 2009 stimulus gave the states a bunch of money to fill voids in the state budget and help states avoid laying off public employees for a year or two. That's nice and all but did nothing to promote economic growth. The 2013 stimulus would be doing the same thing expecting different results.

Less government means more money in the private sector where it is more likely to promote growth hence the need for more fiscal responsibility from all in our government.

When are you going to get it? The private sector i.e. corporations are not going to pump a majority of their profits into the economy and grow it, I mean to me and you thats just simple common sense but time and time again they squirrel it away, keeping worker pay rates stagnant while the CEO and boards get healthy bonuses and raises...........my evidence is 2009, when Bush handed out his "loans".

That's just it...it's not "excessive" government spending....it's that a small percentage of our population want to hoard wealth and then BLAME government.

The public sector is made up of large corporations? Not following you on that one.

The U.S. became the world's economic leader based on our market based economy. I have no idea what you are arguing.

Why am I not surprised?

Again............its not 1950 anymore, the majority of employers are not mom and pop organizations........................corporations of the 21st century put profits first and job growth a distant 2nd.

And they became that leader through public investment. Give me one example of market economy that didn't have the public.dollar facilitating their.success.

When are you going to get it? The private sector i.e. corporations are not going to pump a majority of their profits into the economy and grow it, I mean to me and you thats just simple common sense but time and time again they squirrel it away, keeping worker pay rates stagnant while the CEO and boards get healthy bonuses and raises...........my evidence is 2009, when Bush handed out his "loans".

I get quite well the power and strength of our market based economy. TARP wasn't about raising wages it was about preventing essentially the world financial markets from collapsing (so the argument went).

That's just it...it's not "excessive" government spending....it's that a small percentage of our population want to hoard wealth and then BLAME government.

Absolutely, thats why trickle down never works, the top tier get these tax cuts and then drop the savings into the bank, they sure as hell never reinvest in the economy.

Back