Dick Cheney Was Right

No, I am pro-life. I support protecting the lives of innocent people as much as we can.

No, we do not deliberately target civilians and kill them. Anyone who does deliberately target civilians should be prosecuted. Oddly enough though, those that we fought over there do indeed deliberately target civilians.... and those civilians have rebelled against them because of it.

That said, yes, I take note that you desperately want to talk about the war in Iraq rather than the MILLIONS killed each year here in America. Feel free to start a thread on Iraq if you wish. As for this thread I will continue to discuss the MILLIONS of innocent children killed by the pro-abortionists.

This thread topic was about killing, not about the differences between embryo, fetus and baby. I believe you're the one who desperately wants to steer it in a different direction. My point was that if you support LIFE, that means from the womb to the tomb, not picking and choosing how you want to define it, and that's why "anti-abortion" is more accurate for most than "pro-life".

Well, I'll tell you why you can't really answer that. You know full well that there really isn't any equivalency between a zygote & a living baby.

Gotcha.

Cat got your tongue, Freak?

Tell you what, you answer mine and I will answer yours...

Who would you let burn, a baby or its mother?

To be fair, I will provide you with my responses to your potential answers....

If you save the baby, it will be...

'OMG OMG you would let a woman burn, you obviously hate women and think their lives are meaningless'

If you save the woman, it will be...

'OMG OMG you really DO enjoy killing kids'

Go ahead, choose one....

She's English.

I was hoping you'd say American. That would have narrowed down the options as the baby would, at least, have been a manageable weight for a gentleman without easy access to industrial lifting equipment.

Sod it, i'm going to stick my neck out and save the woman. The hair will grow back eventually.

I have no idea what you meant by that.
Only because you haven't read the whole of the thread. I spoke of the arbitrary lines drawn by philosophical ideation earlier in the thread giving examples of where arbitrary lines are drawn and why they were arbitrary.

This thread topic was about killing, not about the differences between embryo, fetus and baby. I believe you're the one who desperately wants to steer it in a different direction. My point was that if you support LIFE, that means from the womb to the tomb, not picking and choosing how you want to define it, and that's why "anti-abortion" is more accurate for most than "pro-life".

No, you are incorrect. When discussing abortion, Pro-life means you support the LIFE of the child. It does not mean that to be Pro-life with regards to abortion that you must then also support all life regardless of circumstances.

'OMG OMG you would let a woman burn, you obviously hate women and think their lives are meaningless'

Go ahead, choose one....

But the question to you is a no-brainer if you actually believe that an embryo is a child, kid or baby.

I mean, choosing to save one mother or one baby is actually a tough question.

Choosing to save 500 babies or one baby isn't tough at all, unless, of course, you do not think that embryos are really the same thing as babies, children, tots, tykes or kids.

Go ahead, choose one....

I understand why you can't answer the question. Even I asked my question before yours, I will answer first.

I'd save the baby.

Okay -your turn. The baby, or 500 embryos?

Well, I'll tell you why you can't really answer that. You know full well that there really isn't any equivalency between a zygote & a living baby.

Gotcha.

Yeah, or it could be that regardless of the answer you would have proclaimed a 'gotcha' moment. Yeah, couldn't be that could it?

You ask which of life/lives would I save, then condemn me for not saving the one(s) I didn't select.

I understand why you can't answer the question. Even I asked my question before yours, I will answer first.

I'd save the baby.

Okay -your turn. The baby, or 500 embryos?

OMG OMG you would let a woman burn, you obviously hate women and think their lives are meaningless

But the question to you is a no-brainer if you actually believe that an embryo is a child, kid or baby.

I mean, choosing to save one mother or one baby is actually a tough question.

Choosing to save 500 babies or one baby isn't tough at all, unless, of course, you do not think that embryos are really the same thing as babies, children, tots, tykes or kids.
If there was a certainty that their containment would not be compromised by my "saving" them from the only environment where they have a chance, and that they would later be allowed to develop into the humans they are rather than torn apart because they do not meet your definition of a "person" yet, I'd save the 500.

However, none of those things are reality.

The reality is if I made that choice there would be 501 deaths because I wouldn't be able to maintain their cryostasis once I "saved" them, and that if I saved them and maintained the cryostasis they'd still likely be killed by people who determine that their life has no meaning. I'd choose the action that would save 1 rather than kill 501, I would then agonize over the 500 for most of the rest of my life.

Wow - you really can't answer the question?

You're "afraid" of how I'll respond? What an intellectual weakling....

Not afraid you twit... but why should I play your game? All you want is a 'gotcha' moment. As I said, either way you will pretend that the choice somehow demeans or belittles the life or lives I don't save. So what is the point? Why answer when I already know what your pathetic response will be?

But if you truly want an answer, Damo just provided one that you can suck on for a while.

Not afraid you twit... but why should I play your game? All you want is a 'gotcha' moment. As I said, either way you will pretend that the choice somehow demeans or belittles the life or lives I don't save. So what is the point? Why answer when I already know what your pathetic response will be?

But if you truly want an answer, Damo just provided one that you can suck on for a while.

Why are you so terrified to answer yourself?

Back