Do You Think The Rich Should Be Taxed More?

Hello evince,

limit how much a CEO can make

then limit how much market share a company can have

then tax them at a reasonable rate instead of letting them pay no taxes

All good ideas. I would favor a maximum ratio of executive pay to average worker pay for selected industries.

Another idea: Limit political giving to a multiple of the minimum wage, say 10X.

Hello evince,

All good ideas. I would favor a maximum ratio of executive pay to average worker pay for selected industries.

Another idea: Limit political giving to a multiple of the minimum wage, say 10X.

that is the idea

they can only make a certain multiple of what they pay their lowest paid employees

Hello evince,

it proves I'm not a bot

do you want thoughts and ideas or perfect grammer and spelling?

Everybody makes mistakes. Bots are only as good as their programming. If a programmer uses poor grammar, so does the bot.

Keep posting.

Time will tell.

The fact that you've been here so long and nobody has warned me about you is in your favor.

Sorry for being so careful but it is my way. I'm not new to online chatting.

I have my eyes wide open all the time on the internets

I spotted the foreign influence before it was reported on

the founders placed the Post office right into the constitution

they didn't even require it pay for its self

they built ROADS and infrastructure to make it possible

Hello evince,

It is difficult to understand why debt is or can be good.

The important thing to look at is the Debt/GDP ratio, which is currently too high.

what is the correct debt level in your theory?

the country has been convinced to avoid infrastructure building for decades now

I have asked that exact question of the right for years now

not one answer of the level has ever been given me

will you state the number?

Hello Mott the Hoople,

Which is why that spending needs to be continued and we need to tax the rich more to balance the budget.
Not neccessarily. There are a lot of reforms to both Medicare/Medicaid and Defense spending which are the two biggest drivers of our debt. Eventually the political will we have to be found to curb the cost of those two programs. Social Security isn't a driver of our national debt as it's self funded and though projected to begin paying out more than it takes in in the not to distant future, is a relatively easy fix.

Hello evince,

what is the correct debt level in your theory?

It has often been said that Debt/GDP should be under 90%.

I think it is better to get it lower, but it is not realistic to try to pay off the debt. Trump said he could pay it off but now I think he's learning that is not happening.

Hello Sirthinksalot,

Most definitely easier said than done. [government should spend less] The private sector is the engine that drives the economy.

I agree, but the private sector cannot function without the governing.

The government does not create wealth, it merely distributes the money it has collected.

Actually that is an over-simplification. A dangerous sound byte to believe in.

http://reinhartandrogoff.com/

this time its different

A Visual History of Financial Crises, 1800-2010
This graphic by History Shots is based on the data developed in the book, it maps the cyclical history of financial crisis from 1810 to 2010 for sixty-six countries representing over 90% of world GDP.
"Throughout history, rich and poor countries alike have been lending, borrowing, crashing -- and recovering -- their way through an extraordinary range of financial crises. Each time, the experts have chimed, 'this time is different', claiming that the old rules of valuation no longer apply and that the new situation bears little similarity to past disasters."
The giant wave in the top section of the graphic depicts the percentage of world GDP by region in crisis during the 200 year period. It includes the four major financial crisis types (sovereign default, banking, currency, and inflation) along with stock market crashes.
The bottom section provides a detailed chart of all sovereign defaults by country, region and year. It shows the repeating nature of sovereign default, a central theme of the book.
Created in partnership with the Princeton University Press, this graphic provides a comprehensive yet accessible view into the historical and current cycles of financial crises.

Back