Electricity storage impossible with current rtechnologies

The last bull trout in California was caught in 1975 by UC Davis graduate student Jamie Sturgess after two fruitless summers spent searching for them in the McCloud River. Attempts to reintroduce bull trout into the river in the 1980s failed. The Clear Lake splittail was not described as a species until 1973, by which time it was probably already extinct. Finally, the last recorded thicktail chub was caught in Steamboat Slough in the Delta in 1957.

So libtard just because you farm fish does not mean that they live in the wild...................The destruction to ecosystems by dams is TOTAL

I do not farm fish. The only aquaculture I do is oyster beds. So, ah, why did you post only that part? Why not the whole thing? You know, the one blaming those and others on pollution and developments?

I do not farm fish. The only aquaculture I do is oyster beds. So, ah, why did you post only that part? Why not the whole thing? You know, the one blaming those and others on pollution and developments?

A dolphin species has been EXTERMINATED by a dam

In the past sixty years or so, we've dammed most of the world's major rivers, resulting in huge hydrological changes, and major disruptions to the web of life once supported by free-flowing waters. Gone are the famed river dolphins of the Yangtze, thanks to Three Gorges Dam - the first human-caused extinction of a dolphin species. Most of the damned species are less charismatic than the Baiji dolphin, but no less important in the big web of life.

Tragically, many governments are planning big, destructive dams in biodiversity hotspots. Brazil's President Lula wants to build the world's third biggest dam in the Amazon. He says the Belo Monte Dam won't proceed without an $800 million "mitigation fund" to compensate indigenous people living in the dam's way, and to address the project's environmental impacts. But species on the edge can't use money, they need habitat. The Kihansi Spray Toad can tell you all about that; the millions spent have not brought back its watery world.

Southeast Asia's Mekong is another species-rich ecosystem that is threatened by a wave of big dams (the species at risk include another dolphin, and many, many fish that provide the bulk of protein for the region's people). The most remarkable animal that could fall to the walls of concrete now being built or planned by China, Laos, Burma and Vietnam is the giant Mekong Catfish, a grizzly-bear-sized creature that breaks all records for freshwater fish. More than a thousand fish species live in the Mekong River system, a biodiversity second only to the Amazon. The river's fisheries support some 40 million people, and bring in $2 billion a year.

A dolphin species has been EXTERMINATED by a dam

In the past sixty years or so, we've dammed most of the world's major rivers, resulting in huge hydrological changes, and major disruptions to the web of life once supported by free-flowing waters. Gone are the famed river dolphins of the Yangtze, thanks to Three Gorges Dam - the first human-caused extinction of a dolphin species. Most of the damned species are less charismatic than the Baiji dolphin, but no less important in the big web of life.

Tragically, many governments are planning big, destructive dams in biodiversity hotspots. Brazil's President Lula wants to build the world's third biggest dam in the Amazon. He says the Belo Monte Dam won't proceed without an $800 million "mitigation fund" to compensate indigenous people living in the dam's way, and to address the project's environmental impacts. But species on the edge can't use money, they need habitat. The Kihansi Spray Toad can tell you all about that; the millions spent have not brought back its watery world.

Southeast Asia's Mekong is another species-rich ecosystem that is threatened by a wave of big dams (the species at risk include another dolphin, and many, many fish that provide the bulk of protein for the region's people). The most remarkable animal that could fall to the walls of concrete now being built or planned by China, Laos, Burma and Vietnam is the giant Mekong Catfish, a grizzly-bear-sized creature that breaks all records for freshwater fish. More than a thousand fish species live in the Mekong River system, a biodiversity second only to the Amazon. The river's fisheries support some 40 million people, and bring in $2 billion a year.

Where are all your links?

Love ice cold oysters on the half shell. Slurping down a dozen costs about $30. Plus it's pretty polluted fare so best not to make if routine anyway.

The salmon need to be born in the stream in order to return to it, what fucking good does hatching fish that do not have a normal river to migrate in?

Think

In a hatchery they are born in tanks. These are the same "wild" fish that you covet...

Salmon are already extinct in many dammed rivers because their normal migrations are disrupted.

Farmed salmon taste like shit, as does Tilapia................

Wild fish is always superior, because it is not fed the shit (literally) that farmed fish are fed

Farmed salmon and trout aren't fed shit. Tilapia ponds are located downstream of the trout and eat the sit that floats in from upstream.

"...eggs from wild salmon are fertilized and cultivated in a hatchery, the hatchlings are transferred to freshwater pens in rivers, then, when they’re juveniles, are released to swim in the ocean and be caught once mature. "

http://blog.timesunion.com/tablehopping/16368/salmon-questions-wild-wild-caughter-ranched/

It appears you may correct, Donald and that Sailor doesn't know. It appears juvenile farmed salmon are released and recaught.

As usual, you are wrong. Here, let me correct you again: From what I’ve been able to determine, the salmon aren’t released and then immediately caught, which truly would be deceptive; instead, eggs from wild salmon are fertilized and cultivated in a hatchery, the hatchlings are transferred to freshwater pens in rivers, then, when they’re juveniles, are released to swim in the ocean and be caught once mature. (Farmed salmon, of course, never leave pens.)

How strange you conveniently forgot to add that last part.

"...eggs from wild salmon are fertilized and cultivated in a hatchery, the hatchlings are transferred to freshwater pens in rivers, then, when they’re juveniles, are released to swim in the ocean and be caught once mature. "

http://blog.timesunion.com/tablehopping/16368/salmon-questions-wild-wild-caughter-ranched/

It appears you may correct, Donald and that Sailor doesn't know. It appears juvenile farmed salmon are released and recaught.

This is news to you? Haven't you ever visited a hatchery? You need to get out more.

Farmed salmon and trout aren't fed shit. Tilapia ponds are located downstream of the trout and eat the sit that floats in from upstream.

I saw a trout hatchery near Mt Shasta. Those suckers looked pretty loved. Not eating shit, fast running cold water. They were yuge!

There is one application where farm raised is better. I am pretty expert at smoking salmon. And I like the farm raised better due to the fat content being higher, it both helps absorb more brine and take on the smoke.

I saw a trout hatchery near Mt Shasta. Those suckers looked pretty loved. Not eating shit, fast running cold water. They were yuge!

There is one application where farm raised is better. I am pretty expert at smoking salmon. And I like the farm raised better due to the fat content being higher, it both helps absorb more brine and take on the smoke.

Would there be a need for a fish hatchery if the dams did not kill all the wild fish??????????????

Seriously, think

As usual, you are wrong. Here, let me correct you again: From what I’ve been able to determine, the salmon aren’t released and then immediately caught, which truly would be deceptive; instead, eggs from wild salmon are fertilized and cultivated in a hatchery, the hatchlings are transferred to freshwater pens in rivers, then, when they’re juveniles, are released to swim in the ocean and be caught once mature. (Farmed salmon, of course, never leave pens.)

How strange you conveniently forgot to add that last part.

If they catch a wild salmon put it in a hatchery, birth the bitches, put them in pens and raise them to juveniles, that's enough farming to call it farming, dick wrinkle. I could care less if the industry calls that "wild caught." Fact is Don was right and there is a category of fish that is raised in a hatchery then released to the wild. You are wrong.

Well, there you go. Not many folks coveting wild steer, are there?

Back