Faith

The militant atheists of communist and left wing totalitarian movements made non-belief a foundation of their agenda, and went to extraordinary measures to exterminate religion, to oppress people of faith, imprison them, and even murder them.

I think its always worth remembering that, in the face of caricatures that atheism is morally superior to religion

The opponents of human freedom runs the range of Christian and Muslim fundamentalists, authoritarians, the militant atheists of leftist totalitarianism. I pledge eternal hostility to all of them.. I do not see any reason only pointing out the history of crimes committed in the name of religion.

Somehow you think organized religion has something to do with God.
How so?

Not my business to bring you to God

In this time of being alive as equally occupting space in reproductive positions of ancestrally displaced so far, when I am held accountable to be personally honest about life and start correcting my ancestry's compounding generations of repeating the same error one generation after another, why is it your business to sustain doubt now is universal point of being timed apart as reproductively centered as simultaneously living since conception to the ever changing shapea dn formed people present?

All the statistical averaging of facts done historically only intellectually misled every society trained to work at defying life is eternally displaced as kinetically positioned as proportionately here.

Event horizons that never stop taking place 24/7. When do cycles set apart so far stay same shape formed as arrived by fertilized cell?

Simple compounding results never duplicated regardless species time of inception to extinction cycle of generations took place or still taking place from now on. So simple people rather defy real than face natural position as reproductively here.

Pride before the downfall of agreeing to disagree about life in plain sight throughout history and current events.

if you thought God did catering, no wonder you were disappointed......

This is also nonsense. If you thought parents did catering then no wonder you were starved. :rolleyes:

It isn't catering. If this god wants me to think of them as a parent as the god told us so many times in the book you follow, then all this worshiping and begging is simply narcissism.

This is also nonsense. If you thought parents did catering then no wonder you were starved. :rolleyes:

It isn't catering. If this god wants me to think of them as a parent as the god told us so many times in the book you follow, then all this worshiping and begging is simply narcissism.

You confuse organized religion,Your interpretation of the Bible,with a personal relationship with
the Holy Spirit and Faith in God

Yet, we must thank this god who didn't do anything for the food we eat, eh?

Who's flora and fauna do you think you're eating? Unless you can somehow synthesize your own food you should be thankful for whatever put it there be it God or just nature for the non-religious.

There is something unique with religion in that it trains people to put feels over reals.

Any ideology can be used by dictators to gain power, but some ideologies make it easier. Communism is a bad ideology, but it still relies on trying to make logical arguments.

With religion, the people have already accepted that logic doesn't matter. And this is extremely common with Fascism. We're seeing it now with "alternative facts."

I never saw any logic in Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, or Pol Pot. The way I see it, they exploited grievance and emotion in cynical and calculated ways which I have rarely ever seen mainstream Christians, Buddhists, or Hindus employ.

As for feels and reals, smarter people than you or me have debated for 500 years what exactly the nature of reality is. Nobody really knows what objective reality is. Locke thought reality is what is observable, but recognized everything we perceive is filtered through our senses. Kant made the point that we cannot actually access objective reality, because all our external experience is filtered and formatted by our mental faculties and consciousness.

I stand with Descartes in assuming a skeptical posture. I do not believe atheists, Christians, Hindus, or Jews can claim to have absolute authority and knowlege of truth and reality.

not at all......to thank God for your sustenance isn't the same as thanking him for buttering your toast.....it is acknowledging his role in all things from the creation of soil, to the provision of rain, the health of the farmer, the safety of the truck driver, the loving parent who DID butter your toast......if you don't in fact acknowledge his role, then it would NOT be logical for you to give him thanks......but it is not illogical for those of us who do acknowledge it, to give him thanks for all those things........

Preservation of heart and soul in his cherished yet fallen kin is one reason. Besides that, try to think about things like a parent to a child. Guide but don't do it for them. Always be there for them to ask for help when needed.

Yet He is never there to actually provide help when needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back