Football Picks

I was cautiously optimistic before the game, what a naive fool. :( I don't even remember the last game where they didn't score until the last two minutes.
If this is what we have to look forward to...:blowup:

Have faith, my friend. The O-line was going to be a problem anyway early on....you Had

Mike Adams at LT(2nd year player)
Foster at LG(Journeyman vet)
Pouncey at C(young Pro-Bowler)
DeCastro at RG(basically his Rookie season due to season ending injury last year
Gilbert at RT(3rd year player who is starting to come into his own

Even without Pouncey, it is potentially a better line than they've fielded for a while. They just need to get a stopgap for Pouncey and let it gel....they also are employing a new run blocking scheme this year....a lot of teams use it, but the Steelers haven't been...it's KIND of like a "student body left/right" thing that allows the RB to find his own hole to run through....it's the same scheme that Denver used with Terrell Davis and some of the other successful RB's they had under Shanahan.

The Steelers are horrible and with the injuries will likely be looking at about 3 wins this year.......maybe. O line with pouncey was pourous..........now............why suit up?

Give 'em till mid season. If they can hold their own and split(4-4), 10-6 is not out of the realm of possibility. I'm thinking another 8-8 season realistically though

I know, going to listen to my gut next time, not the stats.

I am impressed that your gut had you leaning against the Steelers to begin with. I thought they would be far better in that game. Though losing Pouncey in the center didn't help matters.

I am impressed that your gut had you leaning against the Steelers to begin with. I thought they would be far better in that game. Though losing Pouncey in the center didn't help matters.

I never realized that a center had so much influence on the plays. Gotta bone up on what they do.

I never realized that a center had so much influence on the plays. Gotta bone up on what they do.

especially when you had a pro bowl center. Pouncey was elite. That is a huge huge loss.

The Center/QB exchange, plus the protection of the passers pocket... if the center gets caved in by a d line man, the QB has little room to step up. Plus the center is normally the one calling the line plays.

My Texans don't start until 9:20PM my time. That means I won't be in bed until around 1:00AM.

Man this sucks. Who ever made this happen sucks. I don't think I can stay up that late.

My Texans don't start until 9:20PM my time. That means I won't be in bed until around 1:00AM.

Man this sucks. Who ever made this happen sucks. I don't think I can stay up that late.

Record it, don't listen to the news and watch it while you have coffee.

especially when you had a pro bowl center. Pouncey was elite. That is a huge huge loss.

The Center/QB exchange, plus the protection of the passers pocket... if the center gets caved in by a d line man, the QB has little room to step up. Plus the center is normally the one calling the line plays.

They said that's what happened with the play that Redman fumbled into the endzone. The snap was a little late and that altered the timing of the play. As a result, Ben had to speed up the handoff and he ended up placing the ball a little high...into the lower part of Redman's shoulder pads(breastplate area) and the ball rebounded a bit and Redman lost control of it.

No excuse for Redman's second fumble though....he just lost the handle on it. Hopefully we'll be getting Leveon Bell back soon....Heath Miller too. I seen they signed a C/G named Fernando Velasco. A 28 year old who played in 49 games for, oddly enough...the Titans. He started 13 games at Center for them...so I am kind of surprised that a quality replacement could be had...salary cap casualty is my guess.

16 Patriots
15 Falcons
14 Eagles
13 Packers
12 Ravens
11 Panthers
10 Texans
9 Raiders
8 Bengals
7 Lions
6 Saints
5 Bears
4 49ers
3 Colts
2 Broncos
1 Chiefs

Week 2

Arizona
Atlanta
Baltimore
Buffalo
Chicago
Cincinnati
Dallas
Denver
Green Bay
Houston
Indianapolis
Oakland
New England
New Orleans
Philadelphia
San Francisco-#1 across the nation in power rankings everywhere.

Hopefully the Seachickens, after scoring only 12 points against that awesome top rated D in Carolina.....lol.......will be able to score Sun. night against what most consider the toughest D in the league, the nation would hate to see a blowout on national TV.

Week 1 Results-2013

Week 1 Results-2013

Everyone make sure I didn't make any mistakes on your totals. They should all be correct. 95% Sure.

OCA=11-5-----------------------------------------11-5
Superfreak=11-5---------------------------------11-5
Liberty =11-5-------------------------------------11-5
Damo =10-6--------------------------------------10-6
Nigel =10-6---------------------------------------10-6
Threedee =10-6----------------------------------10-6
Rana =10-6---------------------------------------10-6
Christiefan915 =9-7-------------------------------9-7
Steelplate=9-7-------------------------------------9-7
Cap’t Billy=8-8-------------------------------------8-8
ZappasGuitar =8-8--------------------------------8-8

There’s no weeks winner.

Rana changed her Tenn at Pitt pick to Pitt, and Liberty(me) changed his(my) NYG Dall pick to NYG. We both lost.:(

Please let me know if you/anyone changed their picks. I may not see the change.

Everyone please let me know if I missed anything.

I wanted to get this up on Tuesday, but because of a hangover, it didn’t happen.

Everyone: There's a Thursday night game!

NFL Line 9/12 - 9/16, 2013

NFL Lines For Week 2 - NFL Football Line Week Two
NFL Line 9/12 - 9/16, 2013
Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total

Thursday
9/12 8:25 ET At New England -12 NY Jets 44

9/15 1:00 ET At Philadelphia -7.5 San Diego 54.5
9/15 1:00 ET At Baltimore -6.5 Cleveland 43.5
9/15 1:00 ET At Houston -9 Tennessee 43
9/15 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -3 Miami 42.5
9/15 1:00 ET Carolina -3 At Buffalo 44
9/15 1:00 ET At Atlanta -7 St. Louis 47
9/15 1:00 ET At Green Bay -7.5 Washington 49.5
9/15 1:00 ET At Kansas City -3 Dallas 46.5
9/15 1:00 ET At Chicago -6 Minnesota 41.5
9/15 4:05 ET New Orleans -3 At Tampa Bay 47
9/15 4:05 ET Detroit -1.5 At Arizona 47.5
9/15 4:25 ET At Oakland -5.5 Jacksonville 39.5
9/15 4:25 ET Denver -4.5 At NY Giants 55
9/15 8:30 ET At Seattle -3 San Francisco 44.5

Monday Night Football Line

9/16 8:40 ET At Cincinnati -7 Pittsburgh 40.5

Hopefully the Seachickens, after scoring only 12 points against that awesome top rated D in Carolina.....lol.......will be able to score Sun. night against what most consider the toughest D in the league, the nation would hate to see a blowout on national TV.

No one complained last year. :dunno:

Thursday
New England

Philadelphia
Baltimore
Houston
Miami
Carolina
Atlanta
Green Bay
Dallas
Chicago