Garden...

Oh, they really are! My mother used to be horrified because I was always eating the wild blueberries from the field across the road from our house. LOL! When I was pregnant, I had to have blueberries all the time. Bob called them my little blue pills. He told the doctor that he thought that I was addicted to them! :laugh: She just laughed and told him not to discourage me from eating them. Raw fruits and veggies are just the best things ever!

There are sure a lot worse things we could crave while pregnant, eh?

sweet garden. looks like a chill place. very relaxing and not around a bunch of dipshit people. my kind of place.

No sign of spring or gardens or flowers yet.... but at least there was this, this evening shortly after we got home from town. February's full moon (here called Namebini-giizis, the Sucker-Fish Moon) rising over Kichi-Gamiing (Lake Superior). The ice on the lake is covered with snow reflecting the setting sun. How I love this place.

aQbzIpo.jpg

No sign of spring or gardens or flowers yet.... but at least there was this, this evening shortly after we got home from town. February's full moon (here called Namebini-giizis, the Sucker-Fish Moon) rising over Kichi-Gamiing (Lake Superior). The ice on the lake is covered with snow reflecting the setting sun. How I love this place.

aQbzIpo.jpg

How beautiful! That view is so peaceful! Matt and I did get to watch the moon rise out of the trees this evening. It was beautiful! On the way home this afternoon, everything was shades of white and gray, blurred by the snow coming down. It was all of 20°F, and the sea birds were still floating in the water, with ice chunks floating nearby.

How beautiful! That view is so peaceful! Matt and I did get to watch the moon rise out of the trees this evening. It was beautiful! On the way home this afternoon, everything was shades of white and gray, blurred by the snow coming down. It was all of 20°F, and the sea birds were still floating in the water, with ice chunks floating nearby.

Thanks, Aimee. You must live in a beautiful dream world too. You're on an island, right? Do you have a causeway to drive over, or is access by ferry?

Thanks, Aimee. You must live in a beautiful dream world too. You're on an island, right? Do you have a causeway to drive over, or is access by ferry?

You're very welcome! Yes, I do. We just have a bridge to cross over. It's a beautiful sunny day, so the water should be blue today with the bright white of the new snow.

You're very welcome! Yes, I do. We just have a bridge to cross over. It's a beautiful sunny day, so the water should be blue today with the bright white of the new snow.

Best part of winter! Heh, was telling my youngest daughter about how much snow we've had so far this year. I was off by a foot.... it's more! Are you near Caribou?

b5hmu0z.jpg

Best part of winter! Heh, was telling my youngest daughter about how much snow we've had so far this year. I was off by a foot.... it's more! Are you near Caribou?

b5hmu0z.jpg

Holy cow! That's a lot of snow! LOL! Caribou did get a lot of snow up there. They're in Northern Maine. I am actually on the coast, across the bay northeast of Portland.

Holy cow! That's a lot of snow! LOL! Caribou did get a lot of snow up there. They're in Northern Maine. I am actually on the coast, across the bay northeast of Portland.

So you don't get as much where you're at? Are your winters warmer and summers cooler, too?

So you don't get as much where you're at? Are your winters warmer and summers cooler, too?

We usually don't get as much, dependent on the storm tracks. We are generally at least 10-15 degrees warmer in the winter and summers are a little bit cooler here because of the sea breezes. Thank goodness for that! Even just a few miles can make a huge difference. There was one storm that caused a snow day for Matt's school because they had 5 inches of snow, and we had nothing at all down here at the house. That storm track was northwest to southeast and completely missed us! LOL! We were perfectly okay with that! There are days where it will be cloudy and foggy here, but it can be completely sunny at his school.

It's 12°F in Caribou, and it's 26°F here by my thermometer.

We usually don't get as much, dependent on the storm tracks. We are generally at least 10-15 degrees warmer in the winter and summers are a little bit cooler here because of the sea breezes. Thank goodness for that! Even just a few miles can make a huge difference. There was one storm that caused a snow day for Matt's school because they had 5 inches of snow, and we had nothing at all down here at the house. That storm track was northwest to southeast and completely missed us! LOL! We were perfectly okay with that! There are days where it will be cloudy and foggy here, but it can be completely sunny at his school.

It's 12°F in Caribou, and it's 26°F here by my thermometer.

That's an amazing difference! It's that way here too.... we're cooler in summer and warmer in winter, but not to that extent! Does ice form close to the shore, on the ocean?

The full moon came up tonight (again) and we got lucky.... the winds had pushed the ice around enough that there was a bit of open water, so you got that pretty reflection off the surface.

Oyv7klx.jpg

That's an amazing difference! It's that way here too.... we're cooler in summer and warmer in winter, but not to that extent! Does ice form close to the shore, on the ocean?

The full moon came up tonight (again) and we got lucky.... the winds had pushed the ice around enough that there was a bit of open water, so you got that pretty reflection off the surface.

Oyv7klx.jpg

It does, it forms in the shallower inlets and areas where the water isn't there all the time. The birds were right next to some floating ice chunks today on the way home! They were having their lunchtime gathering. LOL! You would think that they would be so cold in that water, but they are there just about every day.

Oh, my! That's absolutely beautiful! What a view!

It does, it forms in the shallower inlets and areas where the water isn't there all the time. The birds were right next to some floating ice chunks today on the way home! They were having their lunchtime gathering. LOL! You would think that they would be so cold in that water, but they are there just about every day.

Oh, my! That's absolutely beautiful! What a view!

Thanks!

I don't know how birds manage to float around in freezing water, or walk/stand in snow either. Post more pics!

Thanks!

I don't know how birds manage to float around in freezing water, or walk/stand in snow either. Post more pics!

I don't understand it, either. Yikes! Just thinking about it makes me clench! LOL!

Thank you! I certainly will. I am sure that I will get some more this week.

I don't understand it, either. Yikes! Just thinking about it makes me clench! LOL!
Thank you! I certainly will. I am sure that I will get some more this week.

Pics or snow? lol Stay tuned for incoming. What was scheduled as a couple of inches of snow today has now turned into yet another winter storm. 8-12" for us today, with another one possibly over the weekend. The storms seem to head towards you when they're done with us.

I've been "attending" class more via phone than in person this semester. lol

Pics or snow? lol Stay tuned for incoming. What was scheduled as a couple of inches of snow today has now turned into yet another winter storm. 8-12" for us today, with another one possibly over the weekend. The storms seem to head towards you when they're done with us.

I've been "attending" class more via phone than in person this semester. lol

LOL! Both! We do have some coming tonight into tomorrow. So far, they're keeping it at 1-3 inches. I am okay with that.

I am not surprised by that!

Back