Gay Adoption banned in Arkansas - Kids get ripped from foster homes

How about getting all the info before you accuse someone of playing false with the numbers.

There were 129,000 kids awaiting placement.
I stand humbly corrected.

It still doesn't address my earlier concerns about bureaucratic issues.

A stable mom and dad would beat all three.

No one disputes that. I think the only advantage they have over a gay couple is the lack of societal pressures. But thats a fact of life. But to ban all other situations in the hopes that 75,000 married, stable couples suddenly come forward is just nuts.

What's arbitrary about it? The existing system that lets gays adopt ahead of a straight couple seems to be arbitrary.
Point to the system that "lets" them adopt ahead of others rather than getting in line with all the rest and maybe we'd agree. They shouldn't be preferred before all others, but they also shouldn't be punished for wanting to care for a child.

The arbitrary point comes when you take a set of "standards" and apply them without consideration for the individual, as in my previous example.

Now, we can find out that Jeff Dahmers are always raised in homes with married white parents and put all of those at the bottom of the list, or you may want to pick some other arbitrary guideline to use....

No one disputes that. I think the only advantage they have over a gay couple is the lack of societal pressures. But thats a fact of life. But to ban all other situations in the hopes that 75,000 married, stable couples suddenly come forward is just nuts.
Where do you get that number?

Point to the system that "lets" them adopt ahead of others rather than getting in line with all the rest and maybe we'd agree. They shouldn't be preferred before all others, but they also shouldn't be punished for wanting to care for a child.

The arbitrary point comes when you take a set of "standards" and apply them without consideration for the individual, as in my previous example.

Now, we can find out that Jeff Dahmers are always raised in homes with married white parents and put all of those at the bottom of the list, or you may want to pick some other arbitrary guideline to use....
I gave a scientific road map for you the way I think it should be done, and it would exactly take into consider the individual, who in this case is the child.

Since there aren't that many gay but otherwise qualified couples who want kids in AK that would make your point moot, right?

If we are just looking at Arkansas, the number is lower. But the point is the same.

Unless every kid awaiting adoption gets adopted, cutting the list of potential candidates is telling the kids that their happiness doesn't matter and that the marital status or sexual orientation of possible parents for them matters more.

But its not the ideal, is it?
Ideal? You don't know how to talk to a girl about her menstual cycle? You can't figure out how to tell a girl to use a tampon or pad? You can't explain the birds and the bees to a girl? It's parent stuff, not mother stuff.

Ideal? You don't know how to talk to a girl about her menstual cycle? You can't figure out how to tell a girl to use a tampon or pad? You can't explain the birds and the bees to a girl? It's parent stuff, not mother stuff.
I agree that is inane. How many fathers have had to figure it out over the past few centuries? It might be uncomfortable, but it certainly can be figured out.

If we are just looking at Arkansas, the number is lower. But the point is the same.

Unless every kid awaiting adoption gets adopted, cutting the list of potential candidates is telling the kids that their happiness doesn't matter and that the marital status or sexual orientation of possible parents for them matters more.
I would say that the number is much, much lower. So low, in fact, that the few gay couples that really want to have kids can move to another State without having much of an impact on anything, really.

That too, is best left to Mom.

No need to hint at an insult- let it fly if you must.

If you were the kid, who would you rather have address those issues?

As a father I can answer this. The kid wants information from PARENTS. If you cannot talk to your kids about this sort of topic, then you need to work on your communication skills.

I would say that the number is much, much lower. So low, in fact, that the few gay couples that really want to have kids can move to another State without having much of an impact on anything, really.

It doesn't have an impact on anything but the kids who don't get parents because you are bigoted.

Whether you want to admit it or not, ALL the kids that need it don't get adopted.

And you don't have a problem with denying them a family just so gays don't get to adopt kids?

Thats truly sick and self-centered.

Back