Like drunks, drug addicts, pedophiles and mass murderers, Yak?

We're all damaged cunt mouth some more than others ^^^^^^

Some of us have some self awareness and stop doing stupid shit. Apparently others don't.

Last edited:
Inversion fallacy.

Fallacy fallacy

The fallacy fallacy occurs when Into the Night claims another poster is using a fallacy and fails to show how the fallacy exists. Into the Night resorts to the fallacy fallacy quite often most likely because he thinks it makes him look smarter than he actually is. Into the Night does this to avoid discussing the topic since he has no valid arguments.

We're all damaged cunt mouth some more than others ^^^^^^

Some of us have some self awareness and stop doing stupid shit. Apparently others don't.
It's good you recognized that fact, Yak. Too bad you always come across as High and Mighty in that area.

Not you, sir.

Dictionaries don't define words. They provide information about words such as correct spelling, guidance on pronunciation and word usage, both correct and otherwise (because words are used both correctly and incorrectly).

Let's do what you just suggested and look up the word dictionary -

Dictionary
a book or digital resource (such as Dictionary.com) containing a selection of words and information about their meanings, pronunciations, etymologies, inflected forms, derived forms, etc., in either the same or another language; lexicon; glossary:

Now let's look up the word I used -
Perhaps you can explain why dictionaries have wrong definitions
definition
the formal statement of the meaning or significance of a word,

Sure looks like dictionaries give definitions of words unless you want to argue that dictionaries are informal.
Perhaps you can explain why dictionaries give the wrong definitions/meanings/usage to gfm since you two seem to share a brain.

Yes I did. Prove me wrong.
No, you didn't. It is incumbent upon you to support your statement. I am not required to prove a negative.

Incorrect. Plastic surgery is not the same as gender affirming surgery. No wonder you're so confused.
Thank you Dr Idiot. Did you know you are holding your scalpel by the sharp end?

What is the difference between cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery?
Reconstructive plastic surgery may be deemed medically necessary, but cosmetic surgery is nearly always elective, which means that the patient chooses to undergo a procedure even though it is not typically deemed critical for the patient's health by insurance companies.

Sure looks like dictionaries give definitions of words unless you want to argue that dictionaries are informal.
Perhaps you can explain why dictionaries give the wrong definitions/meanings/usage to gfm since you two seem to share a brain.

YEah, IBDaMan, gtf and Into the Night ALL have this mysterious alternate definition of what a "dictionary" is. It's not only a tell that they are socks, it is, as you pointed out, absurd in the extreme.

Weird, eh?

No, you didn't. It is incumbent upon you to support your statement. I am not required to prove a negative.

Thank you Dr Idiot. Did you know you are holding your scalpel by the sharp end?

Your non answers expose your lack of a rational argument. Good job.

Last edited:
The whole debate over "Gender vs Biological Sex" reminds me of the debate around "Planet" and the demotion of Pluto. A lot of people got bent when Pluto was demoted but they never stop to think that prior to 2005 there was no "technical definition" for what a planet was. It was a "common parlance word" that, as our ability to see with more detail out there, meant more and more things would be considered planets so they CODIFIED THE DEFINITION.

Same with "Gender". It has historically been a synonym for biological sex but only in an informal way. As we learn more about how different people experience the world we need to come up with a more "technical" definition. So, like using the word "planet", we take a pre-existing common parlance word and utilize it to be the social construct of what it means to be a man or woman or whatever.

In other words: it is NOT MEANINGFUL to obsess over the use of the word. It doesn't change the CONCEPT AT ALL.

2249c669d2604b13e1ba377899257a2b.jpg

Check. You did not find that the word "dictionary" is used in the sense of something that has the authority and power to define words. You noted that the word "dictionary" refers to something that merely provides information about words.

Thank you.

Nope. That word is totally irrelevant. You need to look up the word "define" in the dictionary. That is what we are discussing. No dictionary has the authority and power to define any words. Dictionaries can only tell you how words are used by the people who use the words, i.e. correct usage.

As amazed as I am that you never learned this, please tell me how you still aren't getting it.

One more time, review what any dictionary indicates is proper usage of the word "dictionary" and notice that no dictionary indicates that a dictionary is somehow something that defines words. Not a single one. Why do you think this is? You don't have to answer right now. Think about it for a while. Baby steps.

7e1fbeda2e339aef0bfb32d28361bfb2.jpg

Fallacy fallacy

The fallacy fallacy occurs when Into the Night claims another poster is using a fallacy and fails to show how the fallacy exists. Into the Night resorts to the fallacy fallacy quite often most likely because he thinks it makes him look smarter than he actually is. Into the Night does this to avoid discussing the topic since he has no valid arguments.

Redefinition fallacy. Bulverism fallacy.

Dictionaries do not define any word. No dictionary owns any word. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

Back