Gun Nuts: Why the double standard?

I like my Glocks. Best deal out there. Get former LE guns, they are usually already set with things like night sights...

omg yes.. and far more reliable.. easy to maintain and i think accurate.

my most accurate piece is a 1911 .45 webley mark III. when you shoot it a flame comes out the side sometimes.

its nickel plated and similar to this
SW_19-3.jpg

yup.....gun nut.

Let me know the last robbery or murder that was committed using a registered firearm.

I have very little doubt that plenty are, and that registration is a valuable tool for law enforcement in solving crimes, even if the crime is not committed by the person who actually registered the weapon involved.

Don't be so naive.

frankly its would be retarded to consider using a gun in a crime.. the gun forensics's is amazing now.

I have very little doubt that plenty are, and that registration is a valuable tool for law enforcement in solving crimes, even if the crime is not committed by the person who actually registered the weapon involved.

Don't be so naive.

Who is being naive? It is naive to think that criminals register their guns before use.

Don't be so naive.

explain how that works. how a registered gun, stolen from the original owner, and used in a crime by an unknown individual makes registration a valuable tool. I'm too naive to understand that.

Who is being naive? It is naive to think that criminals register their guns before use.

It's such a simplistic view of society & crime that you are presenting. Registration is something that gives police a leg up in tracing where the weapon was bought, who bought it, who might have known the person who bought it, etc. I doubt they even keep stats on how many crimes that alone has helped to solve; it gives them a trail to start on.

Beyond that, it's kind of dumb to assume that there are simply criminals, and non-criminals. Some people aren't criminals until they actually pull a trigger. Ever hear of domestic violence, or 1st time offenders?

Registration is a very modest thing to ask of gun owners. It isn't something that they should complain about, and is not in violation of the 2nd amendment.

Last edited:
It's such a simplistic view of society & crime that you are presenting. Registration is something that gives police a leg up in tracing where the weapon was bought, who bought it, who might have known the person who bought it, etc. I doubt they even keep stats on how many crimes that alone has helped to solve; it gives them a trail to start on.
What is simplistic about seeing registration as not useful? The gun could either come from a state without registration or (more likely) be traced back to a burglary.

Beyond that, it's kind of dumb to assume that there are simply criminals, and non-criminals. Some people aren't criminals until they actually pull a trigger. Ever hear of domestic violence, or 1st time offenders?
It is kind of dumb to assume that gun laws are targeting domestic violence cases rather than outright murder.

Registration is a very modest think to ask of gun owners. It isn't something that they should complain about, and is not in violation of the 2nd amendment.

I never said registration was something that shouldn't be asked of gun owners. All I said is that registration is useless as a way to stop crime, because criminals are either going to not bothering registering, have someone else's gun, or be in a state of mind where they are not even considering that their gun is registered.

perhaps there are no stats on it because it would prove it doesn't work.

this assumes that everyone is nothing more than a potential criminal. If that is the case, shall we reserve your cell for you now?

Registration is a very modest thing to ask of gun owners. It isn't something that they should complain about, and is not in violation of the 2nd amendment.
it infringes on me. I refuse to register my weapons with the state. It is nobodies business what I own, weapons or not. There is also nothing in the constitution that authorizes or empowers the government to register weapons.

"It is kind of dumb to assume that gun laws are targeting domestic violence cases rather than outright murder. "

When I was talking about domestic violence in this context, I was talking about murder/shootings.

"All I said is that registration is useless as a way to stop crime, because criminals are either going to not bothering registering, have someone else's gun, or be in a state of mind where they are not even considering that their gun is registered."

It helps SOLVE crimes, and by virtue of that, likely prevents a certain % of future crime.

"It is kind of dumb to assume that gun laws are targeting domestic violence cases rather than outright murder. "

When I was talking about domestic violence in this context, I was talking about murder/shootings.

"All I said is that registration is useless as a way to stop crime, because criminals are either going to not bothering registering, have someone else's gun, or be in a state of mind where they are not even considering that their gun is registered."

It helps SOLVE crimes, and by virtue of that, likely prevents a certain % of future crime.

How does it help solve crimes?

Sorry, but that's fucking retarded. I would never argue that ALL crimes are solved by gun registration, or that ALL crimes are committed using registered guns.

You started it, so if it is f*cking retarded you shouldn't have started in the first place. Don't get mad at me just because I am willing to match your examples with my own.

Back