Heaven & Hell (Open to Everyone)

On this forum, it seems atheists start more threads about Christianity, than self professed christians start about atheism.

But my theory is that atheists are percieved as to marginal and to insignificant to worry about.

What rightwing Christians really get twisted off about are Muslims and Jews. There was a period of time on this forum when you couldn't log in without seeing threads complaining about the Quran, Sharia law, fantasies about nuking Mecca, and diatribes about 'Islamofascists'. Several rightwing christians here have also been notorious antisemites.

A lot of that Islamophobia was whipped up by #TRE45ON and Reichwing media following his election in 2016. But he's not a racist nor a bigot, oh no, and neither are they. :rolleyes:

I know, right? The wretched outcasts that Jesus ministered to were veritable saints compared to some of these MAGATs who claim to follow Him.

Anyone who actively hates, spreads hate and division or supports violence against the innocent is not adhering to the words of Jesus.

Has anyone noticed that Christians are ridiculed by the non-believers, yet the non-believers are not ridiculed by Christians?

Yeah, you just kill them in the name of your non-existent God. But I'm sure you won't ridicule me, eh 'Christian'?

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Sorry, but calling a mixed-race person a "mongrel" is racist. Not quite the same as calling a white person from a collection of various nationalities the same thing, eh?

The sadly un-woke like myself work hard enough to not be racists, Owl.
We don't have enough remaining energy to not appear racist as well.

Asking me to abandon an eight decade schtick,
even if perfectly reasonable from a moral perspective,
isn't realistic from a practical one.

I have zero personal disrespect for anybody
on the basis of that person being multi-racial.
My actions reveal that better than my words do, hopefully.

I just don't stay up nights worrying about whom I'm verbally offending.
That's a courtesy that was never afforded me,
nor have I ever felt the entitlement to demand it.

It all comes back to people not all being the same
and thus not all thinking the same.

I do know that guno isn't a snowflake,
nor is he hypersensitive about my unfortunate way of speaking.

He actually treats me like a forum-friend
and he knows that I appreciate that.

Interesting. I might need some help with "NDE"
since I don't text
and thus don't know all of the abbreviations.

It stands for Near Death Experience. You've no doubt heard of those experiences, where the person is clinically dead, relates going through a tunnel or light, sometimes meeting ppl from their life who passed away long before, then returning to their body after being resuscitated.

A lot of that Islamophobia was whipped up by #TRE45ON and Reichwing media following his election in 2016. But he's not a racist nor a bigot, oh no, and neither are they. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Along with his racist harangues against Mexicans and African-Americans, Pedo Don proved himself to be a racist populist who whipped up the White Supremacist Extremists and their supporters across the country. It's pretty easy to pick out those who agree with him on JPP.

7gop5k.jpg

If you go back to the board's inception, I think way more threads were started complaining about Muslims than were ever created complaining about Christians.

You are born, you live, you die, that's it. But if it gives you the warm fuzzies to believe that the creator of the universe is your special friend, knock yourself out. It's a shame that the major religions all teach that this life is just a waste of time waiting for the next one. It's a con. You give your life away in pursuit of it.

The Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Daoist, and Confucian canon I have read give a lot of wisdom and guidance on how best to live a genuine and ethical human life in this world.

LOL.
You do hear a lot of things.
You also tell a lot of lies.

When did you stop beating your wife? Why won't you answer that question by giving us a date?

Even though this is off topic I will ask AGAIN, if all this wasnt created by a creator how was it created? Fucking douche bag.

It's a curious thing about Islamophobia.

Nobody was more furious about the World Trade Center attack than I was

and nobody is more resentful about the TSA bullshit and the Patriot Act bullshit

that followed it.

It made me throw words like "Towelhead" around,

and also made me feel that nuking Mecca was the only reasonable response.

In retrospect, however, my actual interaction with members of the Muslim faith
have never once been uncomfortable.

The last several immigrant ones with whom I remember interacting
were in fact exceptionally friendly and polite.

I also happen to have close Middle Eastern friends,
although they just happen to be Lebanese Catholics rather than Muslims,
but I still call them Arab savages
because I couldn't beat most of them in golf.
The one that I could beat fairly routinely
asked me to be his best man and godfather to his son.

None of this means anything.
Sorry, I'm just on a stream of consciousness roll.

Even though this is off topic I will ask AGAIN, if all this wasnt created by a creator how was it created? Fucking douche bag.

What is your evidence that it was created? Perhaps it has always existed.
You are starting with a presumption and then pretending that presumption is fact.

Fucking douche bag.
Is this how you spend every Saturday morning?

No, actually I haven't noticed that at all. But then I don't go around with a giant chip on my shoulder about my chosen path, either. I also don't flare into rage whenever someone points out that a particular person (usually some public figure) who claims to be Christian isn't acting very Christ-like, and accuse that someone of "hating Christians."

I have been scolded by holy rollers here that I am hell bound if I don't conform to their ways of thinking.

No, it is not. He and his gang of gossip grrrls have, for instance, mocked mine for years. And then there's Guno, whom RB calls a "mongrel" and "fake Jew." Oops!

I'm still trying to figure out the "fake Jew" insult. As if those haters have the first idea of Judaism and its teachings. But Minty "knows real Jews" and guno isn't a "real Jew." It's sad and pathetic.

It's not a deliberate distortion. It's a common discussion point.

According to Strong's Concordance the original hebrew is רָצַח, "kill (a human being), especially to murder".

The reason this point is important is that it allows the differentiation between say killing a housefly and the murder of an innocent.

I don't know if anyone ever read it to be like Jainism where you kill absolutely nothing whatsoever. In this case it appears to be a bar against murder as opposed to just any killing.

It is a further irony that in the OT killing was not uncommon for the ancient Israelites, especially after this in Joshua as God helped them slaughter countless people. I still struggle with 1 Sam 15:3 where God commands a genocide (via his prophet, Samuel) and when said genocide is not carried out God turns himself away from Saul as punishment. But that's a whole 'nother area of discussion.

EXACTLY. Murder is the killing of someone for nefarious reasons. If some crazed nut breaks into my home with a gun with the aim of harming my family and I end up killing him in defense of my family then that is not Murder. God gave us brains for a reason,.... the ability to THINK. But some people like Owl would instead choose to twist things instead of just going with the true intentions as written.

It's a curious thing about Islamophobia.

Nobody was more furious about the World Trade Center attack than I was

and nobody is more resentful about the TSA bullshit and the Patriot Act bullshit

that followed it.

It made me throw words like "Towelhead" around,

and also made me feel that nuking Mecca was the only reasonable response.

In retrospect, however, my actual interaction with members of the Muslim faith
have never once been uncomfortable.

The last several immigrant ones with whom I remember interacting
were in fact exceptionally friendly and polite.

I also happen to have close Middle Eastern friends,
although they just happen to be Lebanese Catholics rather than Muslims,
but I still call them Arab savages
because I couldn't beat most of them in golf.
The one that I could beat fairly routinely
asked me to be his best man and godfather to his son.

None of this means anything.
Sorry, I'm just on a stream of consciousness roll.

Muslim-Americans are among our best American citizens.

They supposedly are the most law abiding demographic according to crime statistics, they believe in education, and you don't have to worry about them throwing wild ass parties and getting wasted on booze and crack cocaine if they live next door.

I know, right? The wretched outcasts that Jesus ministered to were veritable saints compared to some of these MAGATs who claim to follow Him.

Yet you judge them as if YOU were God. Notice that even as Nifty mocked me I treated him fairly and with respect,...nor did I judge him. In fact I even said that it is my sincere hope he proves me wrong.

If you go back to the board's inception, I think way more threads were started complaining about Muslims than were ever created complaining about Christians.

Yeah, that was in the middle of the Iraq war debacle when it was patriotic in RW circles to call for death to all Muslims.

The more some of you post the more you PROVE some of the points talked about in the Bible. Thanks..... :thinking: :)

Back