Hello Everyone

Yes, I was banned. Unjustly so, and forced to leave. In spite of what some unscrupulous folks have said here and elsewhere, only a handful of people know what truly happened. Since my friends found it worth it to give aid, lines of communication have been created, providing an indirect means for illumination and, perhaps, some glimmer of justice in the eyes of some. What is said in DP is clear, likewise what is said here will be seen by those from there. Those from the past have already made their parting shots here, but with this unsuspecting audience's patience, it will be explained thoroughly. ...so, where does one begin to explain?

The gears were set in motion about a month ago, in that a Zetaboards forum had been created and placed in my signature. Its function was straightforward: law-abiding members would cooperate in reporting certain trolls who brought down the quality of debatepolitics.com. DP has had a recurring problem of trolls and ridiculous political hacks. For those who took part, our goal was to help clean it up. A member like "Head of Joaquin," a rabid partisan hack who called all conservatives all manner of vile, horrible things, was a hemorrhoid. Likewise, there were also obscene conservative hacks who spread their filth, too. We were content to wait for them to make personal attacks and then report them, in the hopes of their eventual removal. The endeavor was doomed from the start, in that by playing vigilante other rules were broken, such as advertising and conspirac to get rid of members (hacks who say things like all homosexuals are evil and all gun owners are cultists). A perma-ban hearing was held, where sincere apologies and understanding was given in turn for not being banned, but temporarily suspended for 2 weeks. It was a stupid move in which we played the part of vigilantes moving in the interest of civility.

After the hearing resolved, this was given just prior to the temp-suspension.

Capture1_zps84b6b4e7.jpg

Indeed, my action was stupid and what the man said was right. I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm blameless. In the interest of not being banned from DP, all stipulations were met. The member "Curious" was granted permission to become Admin and view everything. Afterwards, it was deleted. "You will delete the forum altogether and never do something like this again." "Something" and "like" being key words.

So during those two weeks of suspension options were considered. As long as something like this never happened again, everything should be alright, right? Remembering plans of the past, it was decided, upon return, to try a different idea that predated 2009. This was over a year before joining DP in 2010. A Zetaboard forum whose function was to gather, store, and organize neutral, empirical, and sourced information. This concept was tried in the past a few times, but the problem was over-expansion, in gathering too much data and creating too many organized sections too quickly. The latest version would be streamlined, and concentrated.... new sections would be added slowly.

After the temporary suspension, I decided before even attempting such a thing, it'd be wise to talk with forum staff about this forum BEFORE sigging it. The past mistake gave reason to be careful and follow DP rules to the smallest detail. Indeed, it was around a week of DP staff talking amongst themselves in secret over what their response would be. If I didn't "give a ****" about staff, I wouldn't have come to them straightforwardly and honestly, but just posted it without running it by them first. Waiting patiently, an answer was received.

Capture3_zpsb135c6cc.jpg

Perhaps I misunderstood him, but he made it clear that under no circumstances were I to make a forum that has anything to do with DP. As long as the forum in my signature had absolutely NO references to debatepolitics, like quotes and links, there would be nothing to fear. In short, it contained a Cooking section with numerous recipes, a forum with songs and lyrics, and a forum with pictures and emoticons. Despite that, I asked staff if they even wanted to view the forum themselves NOT to advertise it to them, but to ensure no rules were broken. They did not. Whatever their feelings were, the goal was to make sure no rules were broken. If no rules were broken, it was legal.

Capture4_zps7da50ce3.jpg

Even after the new forum in question was ensured to have no references to DP, it was not enough. Why? Can a recipe found in a cookbook relate to DP? If so, how? See, this forum housed absolutely no information relating to DP, and yet despite staff not ever having seen the forum, they said it did. Afterward, I remembering responding with something along the lines of "your previous PM said that as long as a forum was put in my signature and it contained absolutely no reference to debatepolitics.com at all, it would be alright. You have contradicted yourself by either saying I can have a neutral forum and be banned, or have no forum and stay; the third option was having a sigged forum in accordance with all DP rules."

Waking up the next morning, I find myself banned with a new email. Why? Is talking with staff about making sure something is OK with the rules before doing something a bannable offense?

Capture2_zps546f6760.jpg

Regardless of current status, punishment should only be given when rules are broken. Isn't that how society works? The forum was even made so that nothing political or otherwise in reference to DP was part of it. In fact, this new forum was never put on DP, whether by PM, signature, or post. They don't even know what it looks like, or what it is named. See, I have it with me right now, and this will be the first time anyone besides me has seen it. An account was banned because of this:

Capture2_zpsa67f414e.jpg

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Xtraction/index/

Clearly, a recipe for Pickled Asparagus Spears is a bannable offense that relates in absolutely every way to debatepolitics.com. I guess I'm guilty as charged, in that these asparagus spears are grown on the grounds of DP's fertile acres, so obviously it's a trademark violation. If you look closely, the very jars in author Marissa McClellan's books tit directly to DP because "DP" is so transparently etched in bottom of the jars. The Strawberry Preserves with Lemon Verbena? Definitely grown on DP grounds.

How do recipes relate to DP? Or lyrics from songs? Please, show me where anything in my forum relates to debatepolitics.com.

They can't, because they never knew. They never saw it, or understood it. You banned me because, although perhaps persistently, I was at least communicating with them straightforwardly by PM. No action on my part was to happen until everything was cleared with staff. It was wrong of you to assume this forum you never saw had connections to DP. It was just a convenient way to better remember things.

So, that's how the cookie crumbled.

With respect to Damocles and his forum, though we barely know one another this is in no way meant to disrespect you. Some tormentors have found their way here, and are content to lie. These people didn't know what happened, because DP staff relayed no links, pictures, or PMs. Those who already had a negative opinion are probably going to stay that way regardless of whatever evidence comes up. From experience, being cruel and mean is what sustains them. Being fully aware of the "Wake Banned" thread elsewhere, and how some there have openly said things along the lines of coming here get their shots in, I can tell you they're lying as evidenced in this very thread.

Paraphrasing Mr. Hitchens in regards to TheSpade: "If he were given an enema he could be burried in a matchbox."

You scurrilous little toadie. I wasn't banned for alt accounts. Read this thread before you post lie after lie. Also, who are you to talk about multiple personalities? You're no psychologist or psychiatrist. In fact, you're a troll who may as well be smearing others with epithets of "bi-polar" and "psycho." Though you lacked the integirty to use your real username to let us know who you are, I'm fairly certain you're one of the trolls who crawls in the filth of DP's Basement.

Anyways. Obviously nothing said here will change anything. If you were wronged, and dangled in front of you was a sliver of redemption, what would you do? There is no way to communicate with DP, because they're content to keep this quiet. In fact I've been told that when asked by a friend, they dodged and weaved, deciding to play stupid in hopes this will go away. Things are never that simple.

If petty revenge was the goal, 10+ accounts with untraceable IP addresses would be made, in order to sow discord and contention in a most unreportable way, much like the despicable hack Head of Joaquin does. Revenge transcends the peace that justice brings. It's wrong, no matter how right. What is now being set in motion cannot be stopped, thankfully. To feel some sort of vindication, an account or so will be made to once again post civilly and respectfully in DP. With my knowledge, efforts to stop it won't work. Besides, one member of staff involved in my banning insinuated that I was largely well-mannered and contributed to DP. You can't get rid of someone without a matching IP for being kind, fair, respectful, and articulate, I'm afraid. Friends are already ensuring the safest pathways are made. Normally I despise the use of alternative accounts because it's usually deceitful. However, with this lack of justice on DP's part it makes one wonder what else may have really happened to others. Guess it's something one has to reconcile when it happens to them, and it happens to very few. What is true is that not all forum bannings are 100% justified. Learned it in a most rude way, too. Gee, makes one wonder what really happened to Pinkie and others. With as much respect as can be mustered to them: I'll be back on DP soon.

To my friends: thanks for your patience, and your willingness to risk it all.

To justplainpolitics.com, Damocles, and all you new guys: I apologize for this perplexing beginning. This very thread serves as a link of communication, a bridge, to those over there trying to figure out what truly happened. My friends found me, and are helping to ensure a most secure and lasting return. It would destroy a person inside to not take the chance in providing a way to impart understanding of the event that shattered connections.

WOW! The way you painstakingly laid out your case brought back memories. I was 18, my girlfriend was dumping me and there was a guy just waiting to jump her bones if/when we split. I knew if that happened I'd never get her back. In those days once "bone jumping" occurred that meant the two people were going steady. I assiduously laid out my case but, alas.....

Any empathy I had for Wake... and I did feel sorry that he was banned... just flew out the window when I read that piece of self-important shit post he wrote at the other forum.

He can eat shit and die for all I care.

That's doubtful, knowing your past behavior. That, and you're the most hyperbolic member of DP. You'd probably be content to have this all swept under the rug, the truth of the matter be damned. You've proven time and again that's your SOP.

Yeah, I've gotten along OK with Wake for the most part. Now I know he doesn't have an ounce of honor or integrity.

Nonsense. There was no other recourse to reason with them for banning me over a sigged forum that never existed on DP. Lack of honor and integrity? Look at their "reasoning" for the banning and their efforts to smooth this over. There is so much you didn't know, yet you automatically presumed the banning was justified. Is there honor and integrity in assuming the truth? Or, daresay, being a lapdog?

Same boring internet forum malfeasance.

So arguably the least offensive poster in the entire membership is banned, after posting for over 2 years. Looking back over his last coupla dozen posts, there's nothing in the least untoward there. Not one thing.

But of course this is debatepolitics.com.

Clique affiliation optional. Corrupt moderation a must.

lulz.

Ouch, damning. Exactly. They banned me because I somewhat persistently (yet respectfully) asked/talked with DP staff to make sure THE WHOLE forum was in accordance with DP rules. But of course, Gingery Pickled Beets IS debatepolitics.com; obviously they directly relate to DP. No member of staff is going to post all of the info in their Basement thread. That's the pirk of not having to explain yourself to people whyo want to know what actually happened. Hey, I've got all the proof posted here. They haven't posted one thing.

I daresay it's telling they'd ban someone who "wouldn't keep his head down and change his behavior" (which forum rules says that??!?) and want to sig a forum that's been cleared with staff first...

...yet ultra-conservatives like Tigger openly take pride in beating women with no punishment at all, while ultra-progressives like Head of Joaquin spreads his hateful filth about how ALL conservatives/Republicans/gun owners are evil, demon-spawned Nazi racists.

Perhaps a blog would be more fun. Knowing full well internet libel laws and what's permissable, that may be fun. Maybe a blog or ten titled "What not to do when you're an Internet Forum." That does sound fun.

The stipulation given to me before my temp said that so long as nothing IN my forum related to DP, it was A-OK. Clearly someone in DP's staff mistook cooking recipes as illegal material.

You're perfectly welcome, but make sure to stay away from the nonsense you've displayed on this thread. JPP is much more of a politically oriented forum than Debate Politics.

Understood. I've got most of it out of my system now that the record's been set straight, and other people can understand what actually happened.

But yeah, politics. The hardest thing about debating politics is being balanced. You've got clowns to the left of you and jokers to right, lol. ;-)

Time to mingle with the crowd. :)

I make no judgments, different forums have different rules. What got him banned there might not get him banned here. I just thought it was funny.

Yeh I got banned for making a joke about Howey and the Succubus aka Snarla couldn't wait to report it to you. Now the irony is that Howey been banned, you just can't make this shit up.

Last edited:
I'm not sure which is more pathetic, the lies Wake is telling or that he has invested so much energy on a new board in discussing the last board he was a member of.

Wake, you're a good kid but it's time to let this go.

I'm not sure which is more pathetic, the lies Wake is telling or that he has invested so much energy on a new board in discussing the last board he was a member of.

Wake, you're a good kid but it's time to let this go.

I do not lie. I am honest to a fault, in that I tell you my intentions though I shouldn't. You made it clear in your stipulations that my forum was to have no references to DP in the slightest. In fact, I waited for about a week for staff's feedback, and did not act until given approval. I could have pissed on yourdeliberation and sigged it without permission, but no, I waited. Because of the severity of the earlier mistaked of a forum I wanted to make sure everything was OK with you via PM in hopes of a "yes," knowing it may never come, I did not act. If I acted without without permission a banning would be reasonable, but that never happened, because you never even saw the forum.

You hurt me, and it still seems surreal. Nowhere in your stipulations did it say "you must change your behavior" and "keep your head down." How was I to know that persuing the issue with general respect would get me banned? There was no way to know. It doesn't make sense, and it certainly didn't to my friends, either. The kinds of emotions this sort of departure instills makes me want to say cruel and mean things to you. But that would be wrong, and help nothing.

Being at DP for over two years helped me learn and change my behavior and political beliefs for the better. Thanks to debating with quite a few members I learned fairness, honesty, and balance. Though you may despise me, I learned much from you as well. I won't respond to insult with insult. Despite this one event, I hope some day to own a forum as well run as DP.

Obviously I am a role model in how to keep from getting banned on JPP especially compared to Howey.

It is irony of all ironies that Howey spends so much of his time trying to get me banned and his queer ass gets tossed

:rofl2:

Not getting banned from this forum is hardly an accomplishment. It takes some effort to be banned here.

wake what kind of stuff did you want to post from DP onto your site?

Originally there were two ideas that were run past DP staff. 1) The idea of collecting political-based quotes from DP members as a means to bolstermy arguments and 2) the idea of an "OP Workshop," in which a political argument would be written and polished a few times in my forum first, and then posted on DP.

Both of those ideas were advised against by DP's staff, so the 1st idea never happened and the 2nd was deleted. (During all of thismy forum was never viewed by DP.)

There was one last idea that personally I don't think automatically relates to DP. That idea was to create sections in my forum, like Abortion and Economics, and fill those sections with sourced, empirical data from around the internet. Instead of quoting a DP member, instead I'd only copy the cited source he/she included in his/her post.

Without staff permission, none of these ideas remained, nor was the forum ever included on DP.

Yeh I got banned for making a joke about Howey and the Succubus aka Snarla couldn't wait to report it to you. Now the irony is that Howey been banned, you just can't make this shit up.

You forgot to mention the big smile i had on my face while I did it. As soon as I saw it I knew it was a bannable offense. The question is; how are you so fucking stupid that after all of this time YOU didn't know it was a bannable offense when you posted it? And how ironic after you tried so hard (and failed) to have me banned. :)

Not getting banned from this forum is hardly an accomplishment. It takes some effort to be banned here.

You simply do not understand English if you are getting banned for making pedophile remarks at this point. You just don't. At this point it's actually quite funny and could be a study. In what I am not sure.

You forgot to mention the big smile i had on my face while I did it. As soon as I saw it I knew it was a bannable offense. The question is; how are you so fucking stupid that after all of this time YOU didn't know it was a bannable offense when you posted it? And how ironic after you tried so hard (and failed) to have me banned. :)

I will allow you your Pyrrhic victory, knowing that Howey has been banned is restitution enough.

Back