hey cowgirl lets discuss elections

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-10-25/news/mn-7435_1_republican-national-committee

In an Aug. 13 memo the court made public Friday, Kris Wolfe, the Republican National Committee Midwest political director, wrote Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director, and said of the Louisiana campaigning:

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls. . . . If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably."

this

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/14/news/la-pn-supreme-court-rnc-voter-fraud-20130114

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has refused to lift a 30-year consent decree that bars the Republican National Committee from targeting racial and ethnic minorities in its efforts to end fraudulent voting.

The justices without comment turned down an appeal from RNC lawyers who said the decree has become “antiquated” and is “increasingly used as political weapon” by Democrats during national campaigns.

For their part, lawyers for the Democratic National Committee had argued that recent campaigns show the “consent degree remains necessary today.”

The court’s action is a victory for the DNC, and it comes after an election year in which the two parties regularly exchanged charges over “voter fraud” and “voter intimidation.” But most of the recent battles have been fought on the state level, and it is not clear whether the long-standing consent decree has had much impact.

this

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/14/news/la-pn-supreme-court-rnc-voter-fraud-20130114

Supreme Court denies RNC bid to end voter fraud consent decree

January 14, 2013|By David G. Savage

The Supreme Court refused to lift a consent decree that bars the Republican National Committee from targeting racial and ethnic minorities in its fight against voter fraud.

The Supreme Court refused to lift a consent decree that bars the Republican… (Caroyln Kaster / Associated…)

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has refused to lift a 30-year consent decree that bars the Republican National Committee from targeting racial and ethnic minorities in its efforts to end fraudulent voting.

The justices without comment turned down an appeal from RNC lawyers who said the decree has become “antiquated” and is “increasingly used as political weapon” by Democrats during national campaigns.

For their part, lawyers for the Democratic National Committee had argued that recent campaigns show the “consent degree remains necessary today.”

this

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/11/01/opinion/the-measure-of-republican-integrity.html

The Measure of Republican 'Integrity'

Published: November 1, 1986

Republicans call their ''ballot integrity'' campaign a legitimate program to prevent voter fraud. Democrats say it's a ploy to reduce the participation of black voters. A memo released on the order of a Federal judge last week suggests, sadly, that the Democrats are right.

The G.O.P. program involved sending letters to registered voters in parts of Louisiana, Indiana and Missouri that cast at least 75 percent of their vote for Walter Mondale in 1984. An undeliverable letter might result in a challenge to the addressee's right to vote. Such measures are routinely, and legitimately, used to purge ineligible voters from the rolls. But the G.O.P campaign had an unfortunate hidden agenda.

Though Republican officials deny any intent to reduce black voting, the memo that surfaced in court proceedings suggests otherwise. It referred to use of the ballot integrity campaign in Louisiana, where a Republican Congressman, W. Henson Moore, was favored to win the state's open primary for the Senate seat now occupied by Russell Long, a Democrat. The Republican National Committee's Middle West regional director, Kris Wolfe, wrote to Lanny Griffith, the Southern regional director, urging adoption of the ballot integrity program before the Sept. 23 primary. ''I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls,'' Ms. Wolfe's memo says. ''If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably.''

Thus exposed, the plan may have reverse effect. Mr. Moore failed to garner enough votes in the primary to avoid a runoff. His Democratic opponent, Representative John B. Breaux, is gaining strength. And a black electorate offended by the ballot integrity campaign could make the difference.

But the incident provokes a deeper question: What are the Republicans afraid of? Some Republicans, like Governor Kean of New Jersey and Charles Mathias, the retiring Maryland Senator, have shown how to seek and win black support. Black voters are not necessarily a monolithic, unalterably Democratic bloc. Trying to disfranchise them instead of competing for their votes reveals no integrity, just insecurity.

this

Sorry but I don't buy that assessment from you either. If the GOP was a big failure, how come they have gained most of the governor spots, gained the Senate and the House?

Both the Democrats and the REpublicans though have been failures at running this country. A fact most voters ignore because they ignore "their" sides failures while blaming the "other" side.

Most voters are like idiotic sports fans, they only care if "their" side wins. They don't care how their side runs things when they are in power though.

geee

where did you go to?

you are not a republican right?

then why cant you condem them for all this evil?

because you are a republican and a liar

geee

where did you go to?

Why don't you condemn Democrat racism? It's a far greater problem than the Republicans who have more scattered racism. Yours is institutional

just lying isn't part of an adult debate

I have a long list of documented FACTS

you don't care your party cheats in elections because they cant actaully win in a democracy

to you that is just fine

you are a traitor to this nation

geee

where did you go to?

Let me guess. You aren't in school today huh? Well when you get to Junior high, let me know.

I gave you USA court records right up to the current SCOTUS

you look these FACTS in the face and lie

I gave you USA court records right up to the current SCOTUS

you look these FACTS in the face and lie

And where did I say NO cheating has occurred? I said NO elections were WON from cheating you moron. You can't even keep your lies straight anymore.

http://deadstate.org/new-york-times-...f-voter-fraud/

New York Times: In spite of 5-year Bush Admin. investigation, DOJ found virtually no evidence of voter fraud

posted by DeadState August 20, 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/11/01/op...integrity.html

The Measure of Republican 'Integrity'

Published: November 1, 1986

Republicans call their ''ballot integrity'' campaign a legitimate program to prevent voter fraud. Democrats say it's a ploy to reduce the participation of black voters. A memo released on the order of a Federal judge last week suggests, sadly, that the Democrats are right.

The G.O.P. program involved sending letters to registered voters in parts of Louisiana, Indiana and Missouri that cast at least 75 percent of their vote for Walter Mondale in 1984. An undeliverable letter might result in a challenge to the addressee's right to vote. Such measures are routinely, and legitimately, used to purge ineligible voters from the rolls. But the G.O.P campaign had an unfortunate hidden agenda.

Though Republican officials deny any intent to reduce black voting, the memo that surfaced in court proceedings suggests otherwise. It referred to use of the ballot integrity campaign in Louisiana, where a Republican Congressman, W. Henson Moore, was favored to win the state's open primary for the Senate seat now occupied by Russell Long, a Democrat. The Republican National Committee's Middle West regional director, Kris Wolfe, wrote to Lanny Griffith, the Southern regional director, urging adoption of the ballot integrity program before the Sept. 23 primary. ''I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls,'' Ms. Wolfe's memo says. ''If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably.''

Thus exposed, the plan may have reverse effect. Mr. Moore failed to garner enough votes in the primary to avoid a runoff. His Democratic opponent, Representative John B. Breaux, is gaining strength. And a black electorate offended by the ballot integrity campaign could make the difference.

But the incident provokes a deeper question: What are the Republicans afraid of? Some Republicans, like Governor Kean of New Jersey and Charles Mathias, the retiring Maryland Senator, have shown how to seek and win black support. Black voters are not necessarily a monolithic, unalterably Democratic bloc. Trying to disfranchise them instead of competing for their votes reveals no integrity, just insecurity.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...spanic-ad.html

Nevada Ad Urging Latinos 'Don't Vote' Is Pulled

Published October 19, 2010
·

Back