Holy Crap!

The silver lining is that it never hurts to put a candidate through a grueling and competitive primary process. It makes them better. Hopefully, the anti-hillary candidate (apparently Obama at this point) can crush in south carolina, and move forward from there.

Yeah. I think this is why they do it the way they do. They need to have a candidate that can remain resilient through the absolute horror that a campaign has become, and what better testing field than another, ugly, knockdown pissing contest?

I hate the "backlash" vote. It's so mindless, and it almost never goes the way I want it to...

Those women aren't mindless. Women 40 and over broke for Hillary by double digits.

Instead of calling them mindless, you guys should be looking around this board, ,and your television screens, and asking why?

Why does Chap hate hillary? Why does SF hate hillary? Why does Tim Russert hate Hillary, and oh yes, he hates Hillary. Watch him interview her. That fat sac will laugh and slap asses with every male politician on there, always, no matter what. I have watched him interview Hillary and he has not cracked a smile once, not once. That is not whining by Bill Clinton, it's real, women know it, they see it, they too have experienced it. NOt the young girls, women. They've experienced it. What made any of you think they were going to lay back and take it?

Wait a sec... is that your way of finally admitting Edwards is toast? :shock:

:tongout:

He probably is. When do you think that people like you, and Chap, and all of the righties who I have seen jumping for joy over a black man for President, are going to admit you ain't voting for him?

Because poor Onceler actually thinks you're all going to.

I hate to say it, but I'm in full-blown panic mode.

Was it the tears? Was it backlash for "iron my shirt?"

While I was watching all this unfold last night you were the one I thought of and had to tell my wife about this guy who is a hard core democrat but can't stand H. Clinton.

Yeah. I think this is why they do it the way they do. They need to have a candidate that can remain resilient through the absolute horror that a campaign has become, and what better testing field than another, ugly, knockdown pissing contest?

No, we don't need that, but that's what we're going to get, I fear.

I don't think Hillary can win a general because the media hate and depise her. Especially fat white men over 50. Who make up most of the media.

I am afraid that we are seeing some whites claiming they are going to vote for Obama, but voting for a white candidate instead. The thing abotu racism, is that unlike sexism which we can all enjoy! as many of the men on this board have shown us the past few days, racism is different. Racists have to hide. Sexists can let it all hang out baby. So I don't see how we're going to know if Obama can win, other than just nominating him and saying screw it, let's do it. I'm fine if we do that.

But Edwards was still the most electable, and when this is all done and Hillary and Obama have beat each other up, he might still be the most electable.

Lorax your such a simpleton and very feminine.
I told you strong frontrunners usually stumble then go on to win. And you believe the flavor of the day, the media got bored and overhyped Obama.

Those women aren't mindless. Women 40 and over broke for Hillary by double digits.

Instead of calling them mindless, you guys should be looking around this board, ,and your television screens, and asking why?

Why does Chap hate hillary? Why does SF hate hillary? Why does Tim Russert hate Hillary, and oh yes, he hates Hillary. Watch him interview her. That fat sac will laugh and slap asses with every male politician on there, always, no matter what. I have watched him interview Hillary and he has not cracked a smile once, not once. That is not whining by Bill Clinton, it's real, women know it, they see it, they too have experienced it. NOt the young girls, women. They've experienced it. What made any of you think they were going to lay back and take it?

Sorry, Darla, but what you just described is exactly what I would describe as "mindless."

Voting for a candidate not because of how well she might do as President, or what she might do to unify the country, but because "they can't take it anymore."

Backlash vote is mindless. And that's exactly what this was. People didn't like the media deciding the race for them. People didn't like to see a bunch of men gang up on Hillary. People thought Hillary was treated unfairly. So they voted for her....based on THOSE reasons, and not anything at all to do with who actually might make a good President.

I have to disagree with you on Russert, as well; when someone is a Presidential candidate, I have never seen an interview where he is not tough on them. It's what he does.

It's funny how your far lefties cry about moderates.
She may not win, but she is back to frontrunner status.
Edwards is all but done, Obama still has a 40% chance.

While I was watching all this unfold last night you were the one I thought of and had to tell my wife about this guy who is a hard core democrat but can't stand H. Clinton.

I'm glad you didn't think of me. :)

Because while I totally disagree with hillary on some policy positions, and I have no intention of voting for her in the primary, I've never hated her.

And you know what? Why should I? The fact that few people will acknowledge, is that she is fundamentally not much different from Joe Biden or Barak Obama. She's a centrist, corporate, NAFTA democrat. She is not some Joe Lieberman/Zell Miller democrat.

I dislike her support of crap like NAFTA, I despise her unwillingness to apologize for the Iraq vote, I dislike her on a number of policy positions. I hate the fact that she would represent something fundamentally bad for our country - a line of royal presidential inheritance: Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton.

But, I've never let hate for her seep into my DNA, nor have I ever said that she's such a Lieberman-democrat that, oh hell, she's no different that Romney/McCain/Guilliani, so crap why not vote third party? That's the kind of tweedle-dee/tweedle-dum thinking that got people to vote for Nader in 2000.

He probably is. When do you think that people like you, and Chap, and all of the righties who I have seen jumping for joy over a black man for President, are going to admit you ain't voting for him?

Because poor Onceler actually thinks you're all going to.
When did SF say that he was going to vote for Barak?

I actually don't hate Hillary at all. I hate the IDEA of Hillary, and also do not think she is a good candidate for President.

To me, the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton thing is pretty horrible in a nation of 300 million. I don't like what it tells the world about us, and I don't like what it says about us that we have created what are essentially royal families, from 2 families that I don't really see as that exceptional.

I also think Hillary does nothing to reverse the trend of the past 2 decades or so, which has been defined by winner-take-all partisanship & bitter division. She is not the remedy for that.

As a person, I really do not hate her at all.

I actually don't hate Hillary at all. I hate the IDEA of Hillary, and also do not think she is a good candidate for President.

To me, the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton thing is pretty horrible in a nation of 300 million. I don't like what it tells the world about us, and I don't like what it says about us that we have created what are essentially royal families, from 2 families that I don't really see as that exceptional.

I also think Hillary does nothing to reverse the trend of the past 2 decades or so, which has been defined by winner-take-all partisanship & bitter division. She is not the remedy for that.

As a person, I really do not hate her at all.

Me too. I don't like the idea of a Bush/Clinton house of royalty either. I despise her unwillingness to apologize for iraq.

But I don't hate her. I really think, policy wise, there's about a nano-meter of policy difference between her and Bill Richardson or Joe Biden. I think she can be pretty phony, but most politicians are.

she'll be better than Bill cause she's left of him and she'll have a dem senate and house.
you won't need your crying towel if your a democrat.

Oh, the one thing that is really pissing me off about her, is her and bill dusting off the karl rove-playbook of hardball politics. Did you see that crap where it was implied that a vote for obama was dangerous, because al qaeda would test an "inexperienced" president.

that pissed me off.

she'll be better than Bill cause she's left of him and she'll have a dem senate and house.
you won't need your crying towel if your a democrat.

Nah; I think the end result is more gridlock for 4 or 8 years.

If Hillary wins, she loses Congress in either '08, or '10. Not much will get done.

Oh, the one thing that is really pissing me off about her, is her and bill dusting off the karl rove-playbook of hardball politics. Did you see that crap where it was implied that a vote for obama was dangerous, because al qaeda would test an "inexperienced" president.

that pissed me off.

Yeah - that sucked.

I'm actually surprised they did well in NH. Between the fear tactics & Bill calling Obama a "fairy tale," I thought they looked way too desperate & negative, and I definitely didn't think Dem voters would go for the Cheney-esque "vote for Obama and you may die in a fiery attack" strategy.

Yeah - that sucked.

I'm actually surprised they did well in NH. Between the fear tactics & Bill calling Obama a "fairy tale," I thought they looked way too desperate & negative, and I definitely didn't think Dem voters would go for the Cheney-esque "vote for Obama and you may die in a fiery attack" strategy.
:cof1: "Cheney-esque"

The Clintons invented it, dear.

Back