How the Ukraine situation should end.

I had a good friend who came here in the mid 90,s from the Ukraine,...according to him they absolutely despise Russians for the most part.

The Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances refers to three identical political agreements signed at the OSCE conference in Budapest, Hungary on 5 December 1994 to provide security assurances by its signatories relating to the accession of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.

The memorandum was originally signed by three nuclear powers: the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States. China and France gave somewhat weaker individual assurances in separate documents.

The memorandum included security assurances against threats or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan. As a result, between 1994 and 1996, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons. Until then, Ukraine had the world's third-largest nuclear weapons stockpile.

In 2009, Russia and the United States released a joint statement that the memorandum's security assurances would still be respected after the expiration of the START Treaty.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has publicly commented on the Budapest Memorandum by arguing that it provides no true guarantee of safety.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

iu

Ukrainians say preveat, Russians say previt. For Hello. How in all hell would I just know that unless someone told me? I wouldnt. weird bastid...

Now WHY on Earth would I lie about that?

I don't recall calling you a liar.

If anecdotes aren't a a valid means of bolstering leftist's arguments, they aren't a valid means pf bolstering yours, either. Are they?

Are you smarter than a leftist, or not?

Historically they have every right to dislike Russians.

Then say that. Don't try to appeal to authority.

Hardly any wood in a Ukrainian home,...exterior walls made of double layered brick,...not lumber. How would I just happen to know that Legion? Just pull it out of my ass? Got lucky? Quit being stupid.

Again,...where did I talk about broken deals?
Nice try. You were overjoyed with a 'factual' post about broken deals. So did you remove your 'thanks', and corresponding post?

Get back to me when you do.

Back