Huckleberry takes another state!

Not the same thing as inviting them to do it.

Would it be "American" for Bush to invite OBL to come over to the white house and take a shit on the American flag?

Actually, that idea would be very American. OBL would come over expecting to take a shit and Cheney would simply shoot him.

rrrr rrrrrr rrr rrrrr cheney snacks rrrr rrrrrr rrr

translation:

"you thought I said come over and take a shit?.... I guess I wasn't clear... I said come on over and get shot. Sorry for the confusion."

I agree, but you are not understanding, there are ideas and actions and things that are "UNAMERICAN"!
I am sure that there are people who would invite him to do just that. "In protest" of the "horrible atrocities our government has done to you."

I think they too are American.

Actually, that idea would be very American. OBL would come over expecting to take a shit and Cheney would simply shoot him.

rrrr rrrrrr rrr rrrrr cheney snacks rrrr rrrrrr rrr

translation:

"you thought I said come over and take a shit?.... I guess I wasn't clear... I said come on over and get shot. Sorry for the confusion."

Point finally proven.

Now, that is a great idea, lets invite OBL to go Quayle hunting with Cheney.

I am sure that there are people who would invite him to do just that. "In protest" of the "horrible atrocities our government has done to you."

I think they too are American.

I agree there are Americans who might do that, it does not make it an "American" thing to do!

Point not proven.

Their idea is not particularly 'unamerican'. To some it may even be the only 'right' action and be very 'unamerican' to object to it.

The idea itself can be very american. Even if you disagree wholeheartedly with them and feel it is "unpatriotic." From a different perspective it changes entirely.

What the hell do you have against Dan Quayle? Holding a long term grudge against him?

Or did you mean Quail?

and no... your point is not proven.

Other than that he was an idiot who got to be VP because he was born rich and made Bush Sr. look better standing next to him... nuthing.

Quayle was very much not an idiot.

I attended a speech by Quayle expecting "bumbling fool" and found out it was a misrepresentation. Dude was extremely intelligent and well-spoken.

He misspelled potato, sure. But most of his "gaffes" were jokes taken out of context or even put in context and misrepresented.

Like that "Just went to Latin America, why don't they speak latin?" (paraphrased) thing.

Quayle was very much not an idiot.

I attended a speech by Quayle expecting "bumbling fool" and found out it was a misrepresentation. Dude was extremely intelligent and well-spoken.

He misspelled potato, sure. But most of his "gaffes" were jokes taken out of context or even put in context and misrepresented.

Like that "Just went to Latin America, why don't they speak latin?" (paraphrased) thing.

I saw him give a campaign speach once in Auburn, Alabama. I thought it was terrable and was suprised that he really was an idiot.

I dont care about the mispelling or the latin type comment. What made me think he was an idiot were his planned attacks on single mothers for example.

I saw him give a campaign speach once in Auburn, Alabama. I thought it was terrable and was suprised that he really was an idiot.

I dont care about the mispelling or the latin type comment. What made me think he was an idiot were his planned attacks on single mothers for example.
Oh, you mean his attacks on the media for glorifying single mothers?

That wasn't idiocy, it is one more thing for you to "fear", because he holds a different opinion than you and was VP. I'll bet he even supported some sort of Marriage Amendment....

:rolleyes:

Oh, you mean his attacks on the media for glorifying single mothers?

That wasn't idiocy, it is one more thing for you to "fear", because he holds a different opinion than you and was VP. I'll bet he even supported some sort of Marriage Amendment....

:rolleyes:

Single mothers should be glorified, they work hard with no help, and the ones I know, dont do it by choice.

Single mothers should be glorified, they work hard with no help, and the ones I know, dont do it by choice.
Right, but there is no need to promote it as a standard of good in the world.

Showing how tough it is, good. Showing wonderful times and how great it is on TV, bad.

See the difference?

What Quayle spoke against is what seemed to promote the idea as something good for society. The reality is far different. It is difficult, and the children are far more likely to have problems later in life.

But heck, we should "fear" it because it was said by somebody on the right!

Right, but there is no need to promote it as a standard of good in the world.

Showing how tough it is, good. Showing wonderful times and how great it is on TV, bad.

See the difference?

What Quayle spoke against is what seemed to promote the idea as something good for society. The reality is far different. It is difficult, and the children are far more likely to have problems later in life.

Showing it as an acceptable alternative to abortion, and not a situation to be shuned and looked down upon is good.

And, single parenthood is and should be illistrated as a perfectly acceptable choice, when the other parent refuses to be involved and the parent is responsable enough to do it right.

Showing it as an acceptable alternative to abortion, and not a situation to be shuned and looked down upon is good.
It would be fine, but that was not what he objected to.

Showing it as a "good" was what he objected to. The shows he spoke of showed it as something that was a positive life choice and promoted it as a good for society. The reality, again, is far different. You can base it on studies done, or on whatever you want, but promoting it as "good" was what he spoke against.

The shows didn't show it as an alternative to abortion, that is pretense and disingenuous, a sad attempt to distract.

It would be fine, but that was not what he objected to.

Showing it as a "good" was what he objected to. The shows he spoke of showed it as something that was a positive life choice and promoted it as a good for society. The reality, again, is far different. You can base it on studies done, or on whatever you want, but promoting it as "good" was what he spoke against.

The shows didn't show it as an alternative to abortion, that is pretense and disingenuous, a sad attempt to distract.

In certian situations is is GOOD. I have an uncle who having never been married really wanted to experience having a child. He wanted his own child, not one he adopted. After years of research he found a serogate agency that was willing to work with him. He hired a woman to donate an egg and another woman to gestate the embryo and fetus. He is now the proud father of a happy healthy exuberant 11 year old.

Personally I would have adopted, but this was his choice and in my opinion a perfectly acceptable and "Good" choice. THis child was brought into the world in a "Good" situation.

In certian situations is is GOOD. I have an uncle who having never been married really wanted to experience having a child. He wanted his own child, not one he adopted. After years of research he found a serogate agency that was willing to work with him. He hired a woman to donate an egg and another woman to gestate the embryo and fetus. He is now the proud father of a happy healthy exuberant 11 year old.

Personally I would have adopted, but this was his choice and in my opinion a perfectly acceptable and "Good" choice. THis child was brought into the world in a "Good" situation.
He did not object to it in all situations, he specifically spoke to the shows that promoted it as a positive life choice because in reality it isn't often anything of the sort. It is a difficulty that many had to go through, not something that should be sought.

You pretend as if he attacked single mothers, nothing is further from the truth.

He did not object to it in all situations, he specifically spoke to the shows that promoted it as a positive life choice because in reality it isn't often anything of the sort. It is a difficulty that many had to go through, not something that should be sought.

You pretend as if he attacked single mothers, nothing is further from the truth.

I have a problem with what he did on sevaral levels.

One television shows are art, and the consumer must be responsable for themselves and knowing that it is not reality. Attacking art for its message, in my opinion, is not something polititians should be doing.

On another level, he attacked a particular show, Murphy Brown, this particular show illistrated a "Good" situation, which does exist. ON the show, the child was well cared for and had all of his needs met. What this doofus did, was promote prejudice against single parents who were in a "Good" situation.

There are plenty of people who disapprove of my uncle's choice to bring a child into the world as a single father... and Dan Quayle promoted that prejudice.

I have a problem with what he did on sevaral levels.

One television shows are art, and the consumer must be responsable for themselves and knowing that it is not reality. Attacking art for its message, in my opinion, is not something polititians should be doing.

On another level, he attacked a particular show, Murphy Brown, this particular show illistrated a "Good" situation, which does exist. ON the show, the child was well cared for and had all of his needs met. What this doofus did, was promote prejudice against single parents who were in a "Good" situation.

There are plenty of people who disapprove of my uncle's choice to bring a child into the world as a single father... and Dan Quayle promoted that prejudice.
Once again, distracting from what he said.

He said shows "like" Murphy Brown, yes. But his message was that kids in a tough situation do not need to be convinced that it is a good idea to do what she did. The writers of the show used it to make political points, there was no reason that those watching couldn't use it to illustrate some of their own.

While you don't like him "attacking" art, and I can understand that, it isn't "stupid" or even evidence of "stupidity" for him to have an opinion that differs from yours.

Your evidence of his "stupidity" is lacking and shows more of the same crap you've been promoting throughout this thread. If they don't agree with you they are "unamerican" or "stupid" or myriad of other things. What happened to you? You didn't used to be that closed minded.

I wouldn't say that Clinton is stupid because he promoted ideas that I thought are bad policy.

Once again, distracting from what he said.

He said shows "like" Murphy Brown, yes. But his message was that kids in a tough situation do not need to be convinced that it is a good idea to do what she did. The writers of the show used it to make political points, there was no reason that those watching couldn't use it to illustrate some of their own.

While you don't like him "attacking" art, and I can understand that, it isn't "stupid" or even evidence of "stupidity" for him to have an opinion that differs from yours.

Your evidence of his "stupidity" is lacking and shows more of the same crap you've been promoting throughout this thread. If they don't agree with you they are "unamerican" or "stupid" or myriad of other things. What happened to you? You didn't used to be that closed minded.

I wouldn't say that Clinton is stupid because he promoted ideas that I thought are bad policy.

I belive you are being obtuse on the unamerican issue. Sorry, I said I would take your word for it, but I believe you can see my point, but are pretending not to for some reason.

Maybe idiotic was a poor choice of words for Quayle, but his social conservatism rankles me.

Back