Huckleberry takes another state!

Expressing any idea is not unamerican, the idea however might be. AGAIN.
AGAIN. I don't think any specific idea is any more "american" or "unamerican" regardless of who espouses the idea. That is what tolerance is about. Of course, if you don't tolerate it in exactly the fashion espoused by the left you are "intolerant" and now apparently "unamerican".

AGAIN. I don't think any specific idea is any more "american" or "unamerican" regardless of who espouses the idea. That is what tolerance is about. Of course, if you don't tolerate it in exactly the fashion espoused by the left you are "intolerant" and now apparently "unamerican".

I am not sure what you mean by "tolerate", I tolerate all of these ideas, I just dont vote for canidates who espouse them, and I encourage others to avoid voting for them.

Is suspending habus corpus in a time of peace an American ideal?

You two are claiming I am saying things I am NOT.

I never said that to express any idea is unamerican. If I did Ill admit I was wrong.

I did say that some ideas are unamerican.

You two are claiming I am saying things I am NOT.

I never said that to express any idea is unamerican. If I did Ill admit I was wrong.

I did say that some ideas are unamerican.
I didn't say anything at all about you in my last two posts.

No idea can be unamerican?

I disagree...

I can think of thousands.

Nominating the current president as King for Life.
Prohibiting dissent.
Suspending habius Corpus.
Slavery.
Theocracy.
Not liking Apple Pie.
Communism.
I could go on all day.

*Expressing these ideas is not unamerican.

I disagree...

They did this with George Washington. He refused, but I would say the founders who espoused the idea were likely 'american'. Wrongheaded? Sure, but certainly 'american'.

Prohibiting dissent.
Look at sedition laws, passed by some of those same founders....

Many Presidents have.

Nope. It was written into the constitution. We should be embarrassed about how 'american' that is.

Theocracy.
Not liking Apple Pie.
Communism.
I could go on all day.

I could go on all day. Ideas are not 'unamerican'.

They did this with George Washington. He refused, but I would say the founders who espoused the idea were likely 'american'. Wrongheaded? Sure, but certainly 'american'.

Look at sedition laws, passed by some of those same founders....

Many Presidents have.

Nope. It was written into the constitution. We should be embarrassed about how 'american' that is.

I could go on all day. Ideas are not 'unamerican'.

Please see my post above about how America has done and continues to do things that are UNAMERICAN.

Just because some founding fathers did em, does not make them American.

I disagree...

Prohibiting dissent.
Slavery.
Theocracy.
Not liking Apple Pie.
Communism.
I could go on all day.

Again, those ideas are not anything you or I would want (or most people for that matter). But the ideas cannot be unAmerican. Because our Constitution is set up that there is process for any idea to go through. No matter how silly or reprehensible we think it is.... ANY idea can go through the process of becoming either a policy, a law or an amendment to the Constitution.

Please see my post above about how America has done and continues to do things that are UNAMERICAN.

WHOA.... about three decades ago when this merry-go-round started... wasn't it you who said an idea was UnAmerican that went against what this country was founded upon???

Whatever, you go from "The nation was founded on this, so this is unamerican ideas" to "the founders weren't good americans". I think you have a magic picture in your head that makes it appear to you as all things you think are good is american and all things you think are bad is 'unamerican'.

The reality is some things american are things we maybe shouldn't be proud of. Just labelling it american when you think it is good is BS though.

Again, those ideas are not anything you or I would want (or most people for that matter). But the ideas cannot be unAmerican. Because our Constitution is set up that there is process for any idea to go through. No matter how silly or reprehensible we think it is.... ANY idea can go through the process of becoming either a policy, a law or an amendment to the Constitution.

Just because there is a process that might allow it, does not make it an "American" ideal.

Geesh, so to follow your line of argument, promoting a full surrender to all of OBL's demands and allowing AlQueda to come in and run the United States is would stand out as a particular American idea to you???

Just because there is a process that might allow it, does not make it an "American" ideal.

Geesh, so to follow your line of argument, promoting a full surrender to all of OBL's demands and allowing AlQueda to come in and run the United States is would stand out as a particular American idea to you???
Espousing non-violence is not 'unamerican'. There are many pacifists, who likely will vote much with you, that you now are calling 'unamerican'.

Espousing non-violence is not 'unamerican'. There are many pacifists, who likely will vote much with you, that you now are calling 'unamerican'.

being a pacifist is not the same thing as allowing OBL to run the nation.

It is to them if it means taking up arms to prevent it. To many pacifists surrender is far preferrable to such an action.

Not the same thing as inviting them to do it.

Would it be "American" for Bush to invite OBL to come over to the white house and take a shit on the American flag?

being a pacifist is not the same thing as allowing OBL to run the nation.

IF that idea was expressed, proposed as a law/amendment and that law or amendment passed.... It would be American. The fact that it is not policy/law etc... does not make it UnAmerican.

Not the same thing as inviting them to do it.

Would it be "American" for Bush to invite OBL to come over to the white house and take a shit on the American flag?
Dumb analogy, it would not be unamerican for anybody to have that idea. Now if we were going to make it an Amendment.... :rolleyes:

You are grasping now.

"How far are you willing to go?"

Ideas are not "american" or "unamerican" nor are all things "american" perfect and good.

Dumb analogy, it would not be unamerican for anybody to have that idea. Now if we were going to make it an Amendment.... :rolleyes:

You are grasping now.

"How far are you willing to go?"

Ideas are not "american" or "unamerican" nor are all things "american" perfect and good.

I agree, but you are not understanding, there are ideas and actions and things that are "UNAMERICAN"!

Back