I just found out my Eye Doctor is a MAGA moron. What do I do now?

This one's just for you, TOP.

This message is hidden because LyinBitch is on your ignore list.

I highly doubt that or you would not respond. There is an entire thread on the fake ignore you moonbats claim to put people on.
Go dry your panties and check if your electric golf car is on fire.

Your obsession over this is disturbing. You really should seek help. But thanks for keeping my thread at the top so everyone can read it.

iu

Not a problem... I'm here to help..;)

No, it does not sound lucid. My mechanic, whom I've known for over 30 years, went full MAGA over the last few years. Government is going to go door to door taking guns, hiding cash in his house because it's not safe to put it in banks, election was stolen, etc, etc. The reality is, he's also the most honest and competent mechanic I've ever known. My car sometimes clunks when I put it into drive or reverse. I took it to him. He told me "Your rear end is going out. It might last two days or it might last two years. I wouldn't spend the money now to get it fixed." That was close to 3 years ago and it's still clunking sometimes, but going strong.

If this guy is an unknown, as far as his quality of work goes, maybe you change, but if you know he's good at his job (eyes are really important!), I wouldn't change.

Did he request you meet him outside of his shop so that he could proselytize to you about MAGA? That's where the OP's Dr. crossed the line. It's one thing to just bring it up in a professional situation, which is bad enough. It's another thing for your service provider to try to convert you.

The early onset of dementia? From your description it sounds as though the ranting about political things is very out of character. It's definitely unprofessional.

Exactly. The first rule of professional relationships is not to bring up either politics or religion. Every time a Republican or MAGA has brought up politics at work and I've engaged them it's never ended well. The best course of action is to play dumb and say "I don't follow politics". The last time it happened was when one of my collogues turned out to be an anti-vaxxer and demanded I read RFK Jr.'s book. I responded that I preferred to get my medical advice from my doctor. It went downhill from there.

I highly doubt that or you would not respond. There is an entire thread on the fake ignore you moonbats claim to put people on.
Go dry your panties and check if your electric golf car is on fire.
Take your own advice, Legion. You’re one of the biggest pussified fake ignore idiots on JPP.

Exactly. The first rule of professional relationships is not to bring up either politics or religion. Every time a Republican or MAGA has brought up politics at work and I've engaged them it's never ended well. The best course of action is to play dumb and say "I don't follow politics". The last time it happened was when one of my collogues turned out to be an anti-vaxxer and demanded I read RFK Jr.'s book. I responded that I preferred to get my medical advice from my doctor. It went downhill from there.

Oh ugh. Two of my friends, mother and adult daughter, are really into RFK Jr because of his environmental positions. We decided early on that we just won't discuss him. I told them that I cannot fathom his antivax stuff, esp. given that I'm a licensed medical professional. So that's where that stands. It's just better to avoid the whole topic of politics -- and religion, gender stuff, etc. -- if you want to remain friends with otherwise good people.

Oh ugh. Two of my friends, mother and adult daughter, are really into RFK Jr because of his environmental positions. We decided early on that we just won't discuss him. I told them that I cannot fathom his antivax stuff, esp. given that I'm a licensed medical professional. So that's where that stands. It's just better to avoid the whole topic of politics -- and religion, gender stuff, etc. -- if you want to remain friends with otherwise good people.

He did some good in the past. But some people don't realize that that RFK Jr. no longer exists. He's a 9/11 "truther" as well. His entire family has disowned him!

Just imagine how shocked I was when he was preaching his outrageous claims and even when I looked him right in the eye and sternly said "I don't believe you", he pulls the "but I am a doctor, a scientist" shit. He couldn't let it go. He went on with his crazy rant. You reach a point when talking to someone that you know the other person has disengaged from reality and it's futile to continue. I just got out of his examination chair and walked out of his office without saying a word.

I really think some people are wired in a way that makes them more succeptible to conspiracy theories that trigger fear and anger.
Maybe it's a form of paranoia. It just seems like some fall harder than others.

Did he request you meet him outside of his shop so that he could proselytize to you about MAGA? That's where the OP's Dr. crossed the line. It's one thing to just bring it up in a professional situation, which is bad enough. It's another thing for your service provider to try to convert you.

That's a little creepy, no doubt. If he's creepy, possibly verging on dangerous, that's something different than just having certain political views.

Just imagine how shocked I was when he was preaching his outrageous claims and even when I looked him right in the eye and sternly said "I don't believe you", he pulls the "but I am a doctor, a scientist" shit. He couldn't let it go. He went on with his crazy rant. You reach a point when talking to someone that you know the other person has disengaged from reality and it's futile to continue. I just got out of his examination chair and walked out of his office without saying a word.

I really think some people are wired in a way that makes them more succeptible to conspiracy theories that trigger fear and anger.
Maybe it's a form of paranoia. It just seems like some fall harder than others.

I agree. It's a form of mass psychosis.

That's a little creepy, no doubt. If he's creepy, possibly verging on dangerous, that's something different than just having certain political views.

Yeah, when the doctor said "Let's have lunch sometime and I'll explain it to you", it went beyond talking politics. He felt the need to indoctrinate which really rubbed me the wrong way. That's about the time I got up and walked out.
Somewhere along the line, this doctor took the plunge into the far right cult of lies, misinformation and deceit. And he fell hard. I've seen it happen to others. It recently happened to Elon. Some are just more susceptible to fear and scare tactics.

funny_redneck_crazy_face_animated_gif_by_bensib-d4is1um.gif

Yeah, when the doctor said "Let's have lunch sometime and I'll explain it to you", it went beyond talking politics. He felt the need to indoctrinate which really rubbed me the wrong way. That's about the time I got up and walked out.
Somewhere along the line, this doctor took the plunge into the far right cult of lies, misinformation and deceit. And he fell hard. I've seen it happen to others. It recently happened to Elon. Some are just more susceptible to fear and scare tactics.

funny_redneck_crazy_face_animated_gif_by_bensib-d4is1um.gif

Sounds like he's trying to go full "Mike Lindell" and burn his business to the ground. Businesses are learning the hard way to not get involved in politics or controversial issues.

ThatOwlWoman said:
Good wrap-up. Only thing you left out: Trump forced the (R)s into chucking the bipartisan border security legislation. So apparently his immigration policy is to do what Biden is now.

It was NOT a 'bipartisan border security legislation'. It was an attempt by the DEMOCRATS to allow illegal immigrants by quota. It was BIDEN and the DEMOCRATS that invited invasion of the United States. That's an act of treason.

Like I said before, there's other doctors in that practice that have performed vision-saving surgery on my eyes.
And they don't push their crazy, looney far-right conspiracy theories on me.
But I got a good laugh at you blaming Biden. You really are a far right-wing extremist nut job.

To you, ANYONE right of the tyranny of Biden and the Democrats is 'far right'. Buzzword fallacy.

No. He’s starting to lose it and should be looking towards retirement before he commits malpractice. I’d start looking for a new doctor since his behavior, talking politics with patients, is completely unprofessional.

A political opinion is not malpractice, Sybil.

So you believe what the doctor said about the generals having proof that the 2020 election was fraudulent and they were going to release the evidence before Election Day?

More proof You are just another MAGA far right-wing extremist nut job.

Buzzword fallacies (MAGA<->person, anyone that disagrees with you<->far right wing extremist nut job).
You cannot make the evidence of election fraud by Democrats just disappear, Sock. I have already shown some of it to you. Argument of the Stone fallacy. There was no election in 2020. The election faulted due to election fraud by Democrats.

Back