I just found out my Eye Doctor is a MAGA moron. What do I do now?

I do.
I think of it as a courtesy so he/she doesn't waste his/her time responding to me.
It's more polite than to say "You're a fucking MAGA moron and your opinion isn't worth a shit."
MAGA isn't a person, Sock. You are not courteous by any stretch of the imagination.
Bulverism fallacy.

Your obsession over this is disturbing. You really should seek help. But thanks for keeping my thread at the top so everyone can read it.
Well, that didn't take long...

Mantra 1d. Inversion fallacy.

You are describing yourself again, Sock. You cannot project YOUR problems on to anybody else.

Yeah, when the doctor said "Let's have lunch sometime and I'll explain it to you", it went beyond talking politics. He felt the need to indoctrinate which really rubbed me the wrong way. That's about the time I got up and walked out.
Somewhere along the line, this doctor took the plunge into the far right cult of lies, misinformation and deceit. And he fell hard. I've seen it happen to others. It recently happened to Elon. Some are just more susceptible to fear and scare tactics.

So you choose your eye doctor based on politics. You choose your social media usage based on politics. You chant what you are told to chant by politicians. You pose a fake ignore list for someone else for political reasons.
You support fear mongering and calls for civil war for political reasons. You project your own problems upon others for political reasons. You deny theories of science for political reasons. You deny mathematics for political reasons. You are a member of the Church of Green, the Church of Global Warming, the Church of the EV, the Church of Covid, and the Church of Hate for political reasons.

You are your own biggest problem, Sock. You put yourself in a prison of your own making.

Sounds like he's trying to go full "Mike Lindell" and burn his business to the ground. Businesses are learning the hard way to not get involved in politics or controversial issues.

Joe mentioned that the eye doctor is in his late 60s, so maybe he's already planning to retire from the practice soon and doesn't give a shit if he alienates clients? He sounds like many a newly-converted evangelist to me. Full of the "spirit" and eager to share now that their "eyes have been opened."

Joe mentioned that the eye doctor is in his late 60s, so maybe he's already planning to retire from the practice soon and doesn't give a shit if he alienates clients? He sounds like many a newly-converted evangelist to me. Full of the "spirit" and eager to share now that their "eyes have been opened."

Or he's gone full "MAGA".
Mszp1M0.gif
Elderly, Euro-American male Trumper.

He could be older. Maybe it's the same type of dementia that caused Rudi Giuliani and General Flynn to go looney.
It's like a 'Crazy Uncle' disease.

He could be older. Maybe it's the same type of dementia that caused Rudi Giuliani and General Flynn to go looney.
It's like a 'Crazy Uncle' disease.

Really. The thing about climate change made me start thinking more of dementia and slightly less of just Trump Cult behavior. Are you going to still trust your eye care to him?

Really. The thing about climate change made me start thinking more of dementia and slightly less of just Trump Cult behavior. Are you going to still trust your eye care to him?

Nope! I refuse to be lectured by a far right loon during a doctor's visit. There's another Ophthalmologist in the practice who's younger and performed a successful victrectomy to repair a detached retina on my left eye in 2014. I'll just ask for him from now on.

Nope! I refuse to be lectured by a far right loon during a doctor's visit. There's another Ophthalmologist in the practice who's younger and performed a successful victrectomy to repair a detached retina on my left eye in 2014. I'll just ask for him from now on.
I wouldn't want any ophthalmologist lecturing me about anything outside his profession.

When I need glasses I go to my optimist, and he tells me that I don't need glass, I can see just fine.

Back