Insult-free week

No need, I've proved you're in a meltdown and you're still whining about how old your lie is. You said never, then keep whining when I find something.

Tell me, if I said I never did something, does that mean I am not lying if I did it 9 years ago?

Nope - because I never put anyone on ignore.

Sorry, Yurt. Like I said, enjoy the week, however you choose to post.

Don't Feed The Trolls

Hello evince,

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!​

because if you ignore them their words stand unchallenged

And the problem with that is?

There are 3 responses to trolling.

1. Ignore them by using the site feature.

2. Ignore them by not taking the bait, not responding.

3. Take the bait, mix it up with them, cause them to post way more garbage than if nobody took their bait in the first place.

ignoring the enemy is not how you win

Perhaps you are over-estimating the importance of this place? At best there are maybe 50 people here besides the bots? This is not representative of the nation. The nation is not paying any attention to this chat room. This place is mostly for entertainment. It really doesn't matter at all if something said here goes unchallenged.

They are not 'the enemy.' They are Americans who are so messed up in the head that they can't be civil. They frequently believe most of the propaganda which basically causes them to hate you for disagreeing with them. They don't really know any better. They are angry and they blame you. They listen to hate radio and read tabloids. In many cases they are anti-social and have few real friends. Any people they associate with all agree with them or don't challenge them. They want to think they are the majority, the main stream, and it angers them tremendously to be told they are not. They are afraid. Very fearful. They are afraid of people who are not like them. They see themselves as part of the dominant class and they see that slipping away. Very afraid, hurt, angry, and looking to unload all their frustration on you. Which can't be done because the things they believe in are not real. But that doesn't matter. They want to try to unload all that grief on you. All of that is pent up and ready to be unleashed on anyone who responds to their trolling.

And you step up and take the bait.

They are not going to change, and it is not possible for them to ever 'feel better' for unloading on you because their problems are so complex it is not possible for them to easily change. You will certainly not be able to change them by mixing it up on their level. All that does is confirm to them that you are some 'horrible person,' a representative of what they hate. Actually, all that happens is you make them even angrier by responding. And the more you try to make your case, the more they hate you. There is no telling them off once and for all. It just goes on and on. There is no point.

That is why I ask: "What is the point?"

There IS no point.

It is OK to let their words stand unchallenged. Actually, their words don't stand at all. No words stand around here. Everything gets scrolled off the page rather quickly.

In this case, ignoring them (they are not 'the enemy' - they are trolls) is EXACTLY how you 'win.'

Then what happens?

If nobody takes their bait, there is no flame war. Just somebody saying something rude which is properly ignored and scrolls off the page. People who are interested in ideas (great minds) and current events (average minds) don't concern themselves with other people (lessor minds.)

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!​

Last edited:
Hello evince,

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!​

3. Take the bait, mix it up with them, cause them to post way more garbage than if nobody took their bait in the first place.

They are not 'the enemy.' They are Americans who are so messed up in the head that they can't be civil. They frequently believe most of the propaganda which basically causes them to hate you for disagreeing with them. They don't really know any better. They are angry and they blame you. They listen to hate radio and read tabloids. In many cases they are anti-social and have few real friends. Any people they associate with all agree with them or don't challenge them. They want to think they are the majority, the main stream, and it angers them tremendously to be told they are not. They are afraid. Very fearful. They are afraid of people who are not like them. They see themselves as part of the dominant class and they see that slipping away. Very afraid, hurt, angry, and looking to unload all their frustration on you. Which can't be done because the things they believe in are not real. But that doesn't matter. They want to try to unload all that grief on you. All of that is pent up and ready to be unleashed on anyone who responds to their trolling.

They are not going to change, and it is not possible for them to ever 'feel better' for unloading on you because their problems are so complex it is not possible for them to change. You will certainly not be able to change them by mixing it up on their level. All that does is confirm to them that you are some horrible person, a representative of what they hate. Actually, all that happens is you make them even angrier by responding. And the more you try to make your case, the more they hate you. There is no telling them off once and for all. It just goes on and on. There is no point.

There IS no point.

It is OK to let their words stand unchallenged. Actually, their words don't stand at all. No words stand around here. Everything gets scrolled off the page rather quickly.

In this case, ignoring them (they are not 'the enemy' - they are trolls) is EXACTLY how you 'win.'

Then what happens?

If nobody takes their bait, there is no flame war. Just somebody saying something rude which is properly ignored and scrolls off the page. People who are interested in ideas (great minds) and current events (average minds) don't concern themselves with other people (lessor minds.)

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!​

they are not Americans

most are Russian trolls

Hello evince,

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!​

They are not going to change, and it is not possible for them to ever 'feel better' for unloading on you because their problems are so complex it is not possible for them to easily change. You will certainly not be able to change them by mixing it up on their level. All that does is confirm to them that you are some horrible person, a representative of what they hate. Actually, all that happens is you make them even angrier by responding. And the more you try to make your case, the more they hate you. There is no telling them off once and for all. It just goes on and on. There is no point.

There IS no point.

Then what happens?

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!​
Amen

I fight their lies and fake news

this is why for years I have been telling left leaning posters to NOT ignore them

MOST HAVE FOR YEARS HERE

for that we got TRUMP

Hello evince,

I fight their lies and fake news

this is why for years I have been telling left leaning posters to NOT ignore them

MOST HAVE FOR YEARS HERE

for that we got TRUMP

I don't think 50 internet posters in a chat room changed the course of the nation.

Hello evince,

Ignoring propaganda instead of fighting it works in the propaganda makers favor guys

FIGHT

The best way to fight propaganda is to tell the truth.

Man.

You post so fast I can hardly keep up.

Are you sure you're not a bot?

Nope - because I never put anyone on ignore.

Sorry, Yurt. Like I said, enjoy the week, however you choose to post.

Man, what a waste of time.

Take your win, Yurt. I was goofing w/ Dixie - but if you want to call it your big gotcha 'lie,' run w/ it.

You never said you had an ignore list?

My name is Yaya, yet you constantly call me Yurt.

Yeah, what a waste of time because you got busted lying and tried to weasel your way out of it. Then then crying about how sad I am, just a gotcha moment.... You can't even be honest and admit you had an ignore list.

How sad.

Hello domer76,

Looks a lot like my Ignore List.

Trolls are going to troll.

Why take the bait?

What is the point?

It is not like you are going to stop them or shut them down.

Is the ability to mix it up on troll level something to be proud of?

Does this make one 'tough?' Does it make one the 'good guy?'

What I see is abusers and enablers.

Amusement, young man. Amusement.

Back