Insult-free week

Hello evince,

You know, it would make a lot of sense for the Russians to engage a bot with programming to do exactly what you do.

That way, the trolls on the right get to keep on spewing garbage. Argue both sides in nasty ways so others are drawn in at the gutter level.

Putin wants America to be having nasty arguments and completely dysfunctional, unable to have rational civil discussions about current events.

I once asked you to take a test to prove you were not a bot.

You refused.

I was goofing around. If it makes you feel better to call my calm, reasoned responses a "meltdown," no problem.

And it is sad to search a 9 year old post where I was having fun w/ Dixie to try to back up an accusation of lying. I mean, step back & just think about that one.

Enjoy your week, though, however you choose to post.

Yurt thinks every response that doesn’t agree with him and kiss his
ass is a “rage fueled meltdown”

That is how he will respond to this.

Man, what a waste of time.

Take your win, Yurt. I was goofing w/ Dixie - but if you want to call it your big gotcha 'lie,' run w/ it.

Yesterday, I cleared my ignore list. No real reason. It took TWO posts from Yaya to place that bitch back on ignore. Just two.

Lying, stalking, obsessive, ignorant little bitch.

Yesterday, I cleared my ignore list. No real reason. It took TWO posts from Yaya to place that bitch back on ignore. Just two.
Lying, stalking, obsessive, ignorant little bitch.

You like him too, eh? lol

I admire those who can get along well here without an ignore list. Mine is fairly extensive and includes anyone who uses the n-word, can't discuss w/o getting vile and filthy, and a large number of the stupid haters who only post to express their contempt for most of the humans on the planet. I never thought one way or the other about Yurt until he got a stick up his ass about getting thread-banned by Jade on Jade's recipe thread. Then he started following me around interrupting discussions with name-calling and stupidity. He's a sick puppy and a welcome addition to the ignore list.

Hello evince,

The best way to fight propaganda is to tell the truth.

Man.

You post so fast I can hardly keep up.

Are you sure you're not a bot?

1.bots are on all the time

2.bots have trouble with creativity

3.bots repeat the memes all the time

4.bots lie straight into the face of facts

5.bots disply wavering moral codes

why is it so important to you that you talk me into leaving the bots alone?

back in 2010 lots of people told me to stop responding to the tea party posters

how well did ignoring them work?

being so annoying that you place them on ignore is a good part of their plan

they then can brag that the left has no arguement to fight their ideas

I admire those who can get along well here without an ignore list.

giphy.gif

In honor of our founding fathers and our fight for independence, I'd like to propose an "insult-free" week for the board starting this coming Monday. Naturally, not everyone will participate, but I'd urge my fellow posters here to really try it - take the high road, and win debates with better & more persuasive arguments. Insults are the refuge of the weak. Our national discourse HAS to improve; I have never seen it so bad. Let's do our part here on JPP to improve the climate.

Hey, feminized little drama queen - did you know there's a forum where everyone is insult free, all the time?

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/forumdisplay.php?39-Above-Plain-Politics-Forum

Hello domer76,

Perhaps. I also like The Three Stooges and Wile E. Coyote. That’s why they call it amusement. Are all your exercises in amusement deep and meaningful?

Here's the thing. I struggle with taking pleasure in the misfortune of others.

If I am watching a movie, and I know it is a movie, not real, and somebody falls and busts their ass, gets a pie in the face, then that can be entertaining. It's just a movie. They are actors.

But when I see clips of stupid skateboarders who try to do something really risky and they fall and break their back, resulting in spinal injuries for life? I don't think that's very funny.

Some would say the skateboarder was aware of the risk so that makes it OK to laugh at them for being stupid.

I think it's just sad that people think that's cool.

So if somebody is taken in by the propaganda of the right, and they are easily manipulated into looking silly or contradicting themselves, I think that is sad, not funny.

I don't know everything. I do know that nobody else knows everything. I will always be a student of life, always learning. I learn by exchanging ideas, learning what others think, researching it, checking it out for myself, deciding what I believe. Making fun of others for saying something incorrect is not amusing to me. I am only interested in the ever-elusive truth.

The scroll button is my friend for flame wars.

I view it as a PITA to have to scroll through so much of that to get to the quality posts.

This place would be far superior if more people used the Ignore feature and quit taking the bait laid out by trolls.

After all. This place is called Just Plain Politics, right?

Last time I checked, it has not been properly labelled Just Plain Flame Wars.

So let us try to have more political discussions and less flames.

Which is why we are having Insult-Free Week.

A refreshing change, I should think.

Back