Is being gay a choice?

Half my family tree branches into Alabama, many racists would fall from that branch, in fact most of them were racists.

Stop diverting the topic because you wont answer my question.

This isn't about racism, this is about YOUR POSITION on abortion on demand.

You know where I'm going with this .. don't you?

That's why you wont answer the question .. isn't it?

Polygamy may not have been considered normal or acceptable, but it was legal in much of the US. Nobody is saying that the government should say gay marriage is normal or considered acceptable by society, just that it should be legal under the law.

It already is, nothing would have to change at all if "legal" is all people wanted. There is no law against gay couples saying that they are married and living as such...

What you mean to say is that it should be granted the same benefits and recognition as another marriage regardless of whether society finds it "acceptable". Thus allowing them, as we all are allowed, to have visitation rights, inheritance rights, and many of the other 1,138 "benefits" that the government has granted over the years that go with them recognizing marriages...

http://people.howstuffworks.com/marriage1.htm

The government should not be the tool used to stop people from acting immorally per some religious stricture. Which stricture should we recognize as the basis for morality laws?

You know where I'm going with this .. don't
Look it up, abortion has been decided. Jethro

You know where I'm going with this .. don't you?

I've answered the question. Twice.

It already is, nothing would have to change at all if "legal" is all people wanted. There is no law against gay couples saying that they are married and living as such...

What you mean to say is that it should be granted the same benefits and recognition as another marriage regardless of whether society finds it "acceptable". Thus allowing them, as we all are allowed, to have visitation rights, inheritance rights, and many of the other 1,138 "benefits" that the government has granted over the years that go with them recognizing marriages...

http://people.howstuffworks.com/marriage1.htm

The government should not be the tool used to stop people from acting immorally per some religious stricture. Which stricture should we recognize as the basis for morality laws?

Correct. Different meaning of "legal", but your way of saying it is more precise.

Back