Is being gay a choice?

What you desire is not a choice. How you respond to those desires is. If you are attracted to both, you can chose to make an honest choice. If you are only attracted to one sex, you can choose but you might be living a lie.

The question is how do you define Gay.

Is gay defined by what turns you on, or is gay defined by who you chose to be with.

Personally I am attracted to many many types of women, and a few men. Being married to a woman, I chose to be monogous with a woman. If my wife were to die tomorrow, I cant tell you who my next partner would be, but based on the odds, it would likely be a women.

Your logic is horrific, ILA.

People are born gay. Sooooo - they do not choose the fact that they are attracted to the same sex.

What you are saying is that they can CHOOSE to not be with people who they are naturally attracted to. Which is a really dumb argument, but certainly par for the course.

But it is a choice to act on it. Like I said we make choices every day. We have impulses every day. You surely don't act on all of your impulses of who you are attracted to do you?

It is very sound logic. You may disagree with it. But it is very logical.

What you desire is not a choice. How you respond to those desires is. If you are attracted to both, you can chose to make an honest choice. If you are only attracted to one sex, you can choose but you might be living a lie.

Is gay defined by what turns you on, or is gay defined by who you chose to be with.

Personally I am attracted to many many types of women, and a few men. Being married to a woman, I chose to be monogous with a woman. If my wife were to die tomorrow, I cant tell you who my next partner would be, but based on the odds, it would likely be a women.

I define gay by what turns me off. That shirt is gay.

Also, did you really mean to infer group sex? :cof1:

No, for all of you who are straight; didn't choose to be straight. It is natural in human and animal nature to be attracted to the same sex. Animals can be attracted to the same gender as well, many of the same sex mate as well which should make you wake up. I'm straight though, but it wasn't a choice for me to be straight, it is just a natural thing for me, it just happened. To everyone who calls being gay a choice: how would you know if you aren't gay? Tell me, please. Also saying "because god made me that way" is total BS. If that's the case, then he made gays too (and if he is so magnetic and perfect, I doubt he'd make gays so they could be scolded and hated against).

I want you to think about it closely, does God want you to be hateful to anyone? Does he want discrimination? Does he want you to infringe on others happiness?

But it is a choice to act on it. Like I said we make choices every day. We have impulses every day. You surely don't act on all of your impulses of who you are attracted to do you?

no, it's not logical. we are talking about inherent gayness. you are referring to a specific act.

Hey Poet! I'm Howey. I've heard a lot of nice things about you. I joined over there and sent you a pm but decided the place smelled too much like Yurt and 90% of the ppl here are cool.

Unlike ILA and Patriot66, who aren't gay but choose to visit public restrooms with small glory holes.

God made me in His son's image.

Hey Howey. I doubt you've heard nice things about me, from here or there, but be that as it may, thanks. Over "there" is not much better than here. The liberals are few in number, as they are everywhere...but still we must endure the filth and the stupidity, in hopes of a brighter day. And I don't pay attention to homophobes, who are that
way because they haven't yet come to terms with their "gayness". Because what real man, in his right mind, would bother about "gays", which mean nothing about him, to
actually "hate" or disdain? Live and let live is the only way to go. Those with a problem, are merely "projecting". And the sooner they find some dick, the better.

Definitely, by what/who turns you on. There are plenty of gay men who chose to be married to a woman and have the traditional family.

What an idiot. Do you choose to rape or not to rape? Do act on your impulses to have sex with a woman, if the opportunity arises? Of course you do. It's a choice, right?
It's a choice to act to have sex. It's not a choice of whom you're attracted to, moron.

Back