Is It Time To Take Up Arms?

Again, the Feds gave that collection authority to Nevada in 1998, they held it only for 5 years (1993 to 1998) and now Nevada has the authority to collect the fees. What the Feds are doing is not within their authority per the contract with Nevada. The gentleman agreed, long ago, to pay Nevada. The BLM just decided to take matters into their own hands and made a poor showing of it.

This I have not heard, then what is the issue? Did the guy pay Nevada as he said he would?

So what does the Contract with Nevada say about canceling the terms of the agreement. Is the Fed within their rights to cancel this agreement?

If there was a contract with your state to allow you to build a tourist trap there for a fee your state could allow that. If you owed them money the STATE could lien your property and seize liquid assets like any other collector as they would have to pay the Feds the contracted fee regardless per the contract. The debt is the state's to collect, not Federal Marshals with military snipers holding his family at gunpoint.

Sending in the troops to start pointing guns at your family is not within the realm of debt collections in a nation where we do not have debtors prison.

Military snipers held this guys family at gunpoint?

It seems to me the Fed had the right to remove this guys cattle off their land. Now if an altercation occurred where his family tried to stop them... and guns were involved, Id have to see the facts to see who was to blame.

Inane...

He owes money, this isn't something that can't be dealt with simply with a LIEN on his property. This sending agents to steal at gunpoint is absolutely not the way to deal with somebody who owes money. We don't have debtors prison.

Bundy has thumbed his nose at the rule of law for 20+ years now.

The time for lien has come and gone.

It seems to me the Federal Govt. is within its rights to try to move this cattle off its land, with force if necessary.

The articles I am reading, and I have read from a variety of sources don't say anything about this guys family being held at gunpoint.

Did Damocles just make that up, or am I missing something?

This is bout much more than any money Bundy might owe. It really is about who should control aka manage the public lands ....the States or a out of touch and heavy handed Federal Bureaucracy (BLM0who has no problem sending snipers to surround a man's ranch with rifles zeroed in on the man's family.

If you have a problem with who controls/manages public lands, then take it up with your elected officials in DC and get the law changed.

Getting a bunch of your gun nut buddies together in the Nevada desert to threaten some low level Government workers just doing their jobs is the epitome of cowardice and does NOTHING to rectify the "injustice" you've been whining about.

The articles I am reading, and I have read from a variety of sources don't say anything about this guys family being held at gunpoint.

Did Damocles just make that up, or am I missing something?

As usual...it's just more hyperbole.

Snipers had their guns trained on Bundy family members in case they tried to intervene with the legal removal of cattle from the restricted area.

No one was being "held at gunpoint" but since when has any Rightie on JPP offered the unvarnished truth when hyperbole works so much better at fanning the flames.

Most of what Damocles wrote appears to be untrue.

I have been reading up on the issue. This rancher guy has lost every Court Case he was involved with regarding this issue. The Federal Government won an injunction requiring this man remove his cattle, and if he did not remove them, he was to be fined $200 a day for every head that remained on the Federal property.

That was more than 15 years ago. The Federal Government is charged with enforcing the orders of the Court, and is entitled to remove cattle illegally grazing on its land if they so chose.

The only armed standoff that took place was when this man, and his armed family seized a highway and refused to allow traffic to pass. Traffic was backed up miles in each direction. The Feds again backed off and agreed to not remove the cattle at that time, simply to diffuse the situation.

I cant imagine how quickly I would be shot dead by state and local police, if my family and I engaged in an armed take over of a local highway.

So... Damocles...

Are you going to drop in and make false statements, or are you willing to come here and try to defend your stance on this issue?

I suspect you know reason and logic is on the side of the Federal Government on this one, so you are simply going to sit back and take pop shots.

"[t]he government has shown commendable restraint in allowing this trespass to continue for so long without impounding Bundy’s livestock." United States v. Bundy, 1993.

That was 14 years ago.

If you have a problem with who controls/manages public lands, then take it up with your elected officials in DC and get the law changed.

Getting a bunch of your gun nut buddies together in the Nevada desert to threaten some low level Government workers just doing their jobs is the epitome of cowardice and does NOTHING to rectify the "injustice" you've been whining about.

The BLM are the "gun nuts" who initiated this and you know it. You trash just can't stop lying. You're sick.

Again, the Feds gave that collection authority to Nevada in 1998, they held it only for 5 years (1993 to 1998) and now Nevada has the authority to collect the fees. What the Feds are doing is not within their authority per the contract with Nevada. The gentleman agreed, long ago, to pay Nevada. The BLM just decided to take matters into their own hands and made a poor showing of it.

The BLM had a court order allowing them to impound the cattle...

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph...ates_v_Bundy_Court_Order_July_2013.pdf&page=5

Inane...

He owes money, this isn't something that can't be dealt with simply with a LIEN on his property. This sending agents to steal at gunpoint is absolutely not the way to deal with somebody who owes money. We don't have debtors prison.

The BLM got a court order allowing them to impound the Cattle!

So they DID go through the legal process. !!!

Run hide, Run Hide!

The BLM are the "gun nuts" who initiated this and you know it. You trash just can't stop lying. You're sick.

Again, it was BUNDY who initiated this when he began ignoring the legal and binding contract he himself signed.

You can call me all the names you like, but it still won't make your position correct.

The BLM got a court order allowing them to impound the Cattle!

So they DID go through the legal process. !!!

Run hide, Run Hide!

That particular fact doesn't matter to two-faced Righties who think it's acceptable for them to pick and choose which laws they abide by.

They go around using ambiguous terms like "sovereign citizen" and "ancestral rights" to try and claim they don't have to listen to the Federal Government or abide by it's rules.

That particular fact doesn't matter to two-faced Righties who think it's acceptable for them to pick and choose which laws they abide by.

They go around using ambiguous terms like "sovereign citizen" and "ancestral rights" to try and claim they don't have to listen to the Federal Government or abide by it's rules.

Ancestral rights? How can they claim that when they have only been there for such a short time and the Feds were there before them and Nevada gave the Feds rights to those lands to become a State. They thought it was a good deal at the time! lol

The Feds owned the land before Nevada was even a state, before that Mexico owned them. So when this guys great grandparents were allegedly grazing the land, they were trespassing on Mexican land.

If it were not for the absolute Stupidity of the BLM (surrounding a man's home with snipers)this would never have made the news.....the heavy handed nazi like approach by the BLM was what generated the protest. Deal wid it chump.

Back