Juneteenth is America’s second Independence Day—here’s why

got tired and getting your ass beaten as your other sock :laugh:
Oh totally... me and all my socks... If I were actually as "loaded with socks" as you and others claim, then I'd have been banned from this forum long ago.

However, since I am actually one person with one account, that's not an issue.

I have great respect for the past.___Guno

Me, too, G.

I actually had fun in the past.
Now I'm just an old guy living in another generation's world,
and I'm not the targeted demographic for the fun venues.

My advice for young people?
Concentrate on living hard, not long.
That's how you'll get the greater payoff.

Dutch Uncle tries to type out a coherent response... but fails. Sad.

What percentage of JPP members believe you are three different people, Sybil?

What psychos like you don't understand is that no answer is an answer. LOL

Ahhhhh, you mad bro? Smoochie whoochie
You can't read either. I'll try again. You make my day.

Tell me some more about how you are morally superior to someone. How about to me? How are you morally superior to me? I'm sure there are plenty would would love to hear/read your take. Count me among them.

Smootches!

What percentage of JPP members believe you are three different people, Sybil?
Terry, how many people who have more than just an empty brain stem believe that reality is a function of what people believe?

Terry, how many people do you think respect you for being too stupid to be able to distinguish between different people? Similarly, how many people do you believe respect you for being the only poster keeping Concart from being the stupidest poster on the internet?

Terry, how many people do you believe respect you for your Olympic corn-holing of Cypress on a regular basis?

What psychos like you don't understand is that no answer is an answer.
What brainless people like you can't understand is that a lack of any answer is not an answer, whether or not it reveals abject fear and cowardice.

Your male nurse is looking for you. He's got the latest corn-hole equipment he wants to show you.

terry-spanky.gif

The good news is that the reason for the "socks!" assault from the undereducated leftists is that you have effectively gotten them to fear you. Said losers naturally lump all those whom they fear into one category and treat them as the same person anyway. In fact, they are too stupid to distinguish between different people and are perfectly willing to broadcast just how stupid they are. As you pointed out, if you were running any socks, the moderators have the means to readily see that and to ban you. I'm just waiting to see how long Phantasmal participates in the dishonesty by not simply putting the issue to rest. I think Phantasmal's dishonesty will speak for itself for quite a while.

The bad news is that they achieve victory by getting you to actively defend yourself. You can't. It's an entirely unfalsifiable claim, isomorphic to "There is a Christian God." Anyone can say "Prove it." They simply goad you into stating that you are not a sock, and then they say "Prove it" and proceed to mock all of your efforts. They put you on the defensive, and then they cackle.

My recommendation is to just play along. Tell them that naturally you are just one of many socks and insist that they complain to Phantasmal to have you banned. When they refuse (because they really don't believe you are a sock), tell them that they need to take it up with Phantasmal, but that you know that Phantasmal is far too cowardly to ban you for being the sock that you are because she fears the shit out of you. You could have a lot of fun.

Lol, you just keep posting nonsense
LOL, you just keep being an idiot. Smootches. ("LOL" is correctly written in all upper case, by the way)

Juneteenth is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the emancipation of enslaved African Americans.
LOL. LOL. Smootches begins by crying tears of joy at the long, proud history of the Juneteenth federal holiday ... which only came into existence two years ago.

Too funny. Smootches, you are one entertaining idiot.

Sybil ... [uncontrollable rage deleted]
Shouldn't you be insisting that Phantasmal ban me for being a sock? What's your excuse for letting this ongoing violation of the rules just slide like nothing is going on? I bet your excuse is really lame.

Here, for your convenience, I am posting Phantasmal's PM link: PM Phantasmal Here

Shouldn't you be insisting that Phantasmal ban me for being a sock? What's your excuse for letting this ongoing violation of the rules just slide like nothing is going on? I bet your excuse is really lame.

Here, for your convenience, I am posting Phantasmal's PM link: PM Phantasmal Here

There's no rules against being a sock but Rule 16 is a rule. Why do you keep violating it?

Black people are always aware of their surroundings I know this as a multiracial person

I do this as well. I can talk as well as the next person and can write sentences that are mostly satisfactory to my English teacher. I do not do that all the time though. When I’m talking with the locals where I live I do not “talk above” them. I talk like my parents and others raised in the area where I live talk. When I talk with my Native American friends and relatives I talk like they do. When I talk with people at school, I talk like a person with an above average education. I can talk with more altiloquence but choose not to most of the time.

But I do agree with Nifty…even though our language is evolving all the time and the dictionary is ever expanding, I dislike words like “ginormous” and other non-standard words that have been created in recent years. So to me, June 19th sounds better than Juneteenth, but that’s OK. I know what it represents and I respect the holiday and will keep explaining the significance to my older friends and family.

Oh totally... me and all my socks... If I were actually as "loaded with socks" as you and others claim, then I'd have been banned from this forum long ago.

We don’t ban for using socks. If it becomes a problem, we ask poster to delete them or we do it.

I do this as well. I can talk as well as the next person and can write sentences that are mostly satisfactory to my English teacher. I do not do that all the time though. When I’m talking with the locals where I live I do not “talk above” them. I talk like my parents and others raised in the area where I live talk. When I talk with my Native American friends and relatives I talk like they do. When I talk with people at school, I talk like a person with an above average education. I can talk with more altiloquence but choose not to most of the time.

But I do agree with Nifty…even though our language is evolving all the time and the dictionary is ever expanding, I dislike words like “ginormous” and other non-standard words that have been created in recent years. So to me, June 19th sounds better than Juneteenth, but that’s OK. I know what it represents and I respect the holiday and will keep explaining the significance to my older friends and family.

Rev is a math guy and thus not expected to be as obsessive as I when it comes to speaking English.
He's also far more egalitarian in demeanor.

My parents were the first generation of my family born in this country, and were thus very sensitive about how they were perceived.
My English grammar was constantly corrected from the time I learned how to talk.
I just took this as normal and didn't even mind.
I was allowed to speak only one way, no matter with whom I may have been.

My high school friends actually teased me about using words like "motherfucker" and "cocksucker"
with more acceptable polysyllabic words in otherwise properly constructed sentences.

Nevertheless,
I knew the difference between "less" and "fewer" or "amount" and "number" no matter where I was.
Some news anchors on TV can't seem to say the same.

My parents didn't get upset over my mangling the Sicilian dialect, itself well removed from proper Italian.
They kidded me about it, but it wasn't nearly the same.

The good news is that the reason for the "socks!" assault from the undereducated leftists is that you have effectively gotten them to fear you. Said losers naturally lump all those whom they fear into one category and treat them as the same person anyway. In fact, they are too stupid to distinguish between different people and are perfectly willing to broadcast just how stupid they are. As you pointed out, if you were running any socks, the moderators have the means to readily see that and to ban you. I'm just waiting to see how long Phantasmal participates in the dishonesty by not simply putting the issue to rest. I think Phantasmal's dishonesty will speak for itself for quite a while.
Right on!

The bad news is that they achieve victory by getting you to actively defend yourself. You can't. It's an entirely unfalsifiable claim, isomorphic to "There is a Christian God." Anyone can say "Prove it." They simply goad you into stating that you are not a sock, and then they say "Prove it" and proceed to mock all of your efforts. They put you on the defensive, and then they cackle.
Right. They want to see continuous defensive efforts so that they can go full Alinsky on it.

My recommendation is to just play along. Tell them that naturally you are just one of many socks and insist that they complain to Phantasmal to have you banned. When they refuse (because they really don't believe you are a sock), tell them that they need to take it up with Phantasmal, but that you know that Phantasmal is far too cowardly to ban you for being the sock that you are because she fears the shit out of you. You could have a lot of fun.
That's likely the best approach. I tend to mix it up though. Sometimes I ignore it completely. Sometimes I respond with the truth (but like you rightly say, it's akin to claiming "there is a Christian God" or "the Huronian glaciation occurred roughly 2.4 billion years ago"). Sometimes I laugh at it and mock it. Sometimes I go along with it, even making up an elaborate story about it.

Speaking of which, you'd maybe enjoy my story that I made up at the end of May regarding my supposed sock accounts:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You've sure put A LOT of effort into analyzing this... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yup, you've got me for SURE now!!! ;)

ITN is the main account meant to be the very wordy annoying douchebag who ultimately screams "FALLACY FALLACY FALLACY" to everything...

gfm7175 is a secondary account meant to support the main account via liking posts, pretending to hold conversations with it, and the likewise.

IBD is another supporting account meant to be the sarcastic snarky asshole whenever geniuses like Dutch Uncle... no wait, Doc Dutch... no wait, Terry... start questioning the sock relationship between ITN and gfm7175...

I got four more socks... CAN YOU FIND THEM ALL?? I have complete faith in you! ;)

Just out of curiosity... How DO you DO IT, Sherlock??!?!?!

Whoops. I just "messed up" again, being snarky on my gfm7175 sock account instead of my IBD sock account... My bad... I'll make sure to scream FALLACY at the top of my lungs whenever you dare question me about it... ;) ;)

Back