"Kill Him"

"Really? So for THREE years they 'mainly worked on one $50m grant'???"

That's correct. A lot of their time was spent determining where to allocate the funds, along with other members of the board.

As for the "big event" at Ayer's house, it's my understanding that it was organized by the legislator who Obama replaced, and not Obama's choice.

Did you realize that Ayers was recognized by the city of Chicago and won a citizenship award for his work on education in the City? Clearly, we're talking about someone who was able to re-focus his life toward something positive. As a major player on education funding in the city, I'd hate to think that someone like Obama, who prioritizes education issues, would refuse to work with him based on something in the past that didn't relate to the cause they shared at all. The only people who would lose would be kids.

You're starting to sound like Palin, btw. It's very embarassing.

Damn that is inefficient as hell, congress and the pres ran thru 700 bil or so in a week.

"Really? So for THREE years they 'mainly worked on one $50m grant'???"

That's correct. A lot of their time was spent determining where to allocate the funds, along with other members of the board.

As for the "big event" at Ayer's house, it's my understanding that it was organized by the legislator who Obama replaced, and not Obama's choice.

Did you realize that Ayers was recognized by the city of Chicago and won a citizenship award for his work on education in the City? Clearly, we're talking about someone who was able to re-focus his life toward something positive. As a major player on education funding in the city, I'd hate to think that someone like Obama, who prioritizes education issues, would refuse to work with him based on something in the past that didn't relate to the cause they shared at all. The only people who would lose would be kids.

You're starting to sound like Palin, btw. It's very embarassing.

LMAO... you are such a hack... in 2001 Ayers stated he was not sorry for what he had done. So NO, he didn't turn his life around. He simply lives in one of the most corrupt cities in the nation where the ultra left liberals are even obnoxious enough to present awards to terrorists and pass it off to their lemmings as some kind of wonderful.

Bullshit on the rest of your crap. Those loans would have been done regardless if the messiah was present or not. I do love your attempts to justify all the 'chance' encounters the two had. I would love to hear your explanation for why Michelle set up a panel with both of them on it. Wait I know, it probably has something to do with Ayers being such a profound professor. Friggin hack.

Like I stated, which you ignored, the level of negativity is certainly higher now out of the McCain camp now that they are trailing. Just as it was higher for Obama when he was trailing.

But I know... you refuse to see it, because to you, the One can do no wrong.

Yes, that's exactly it. The One can do no wrong. I remember thinking exactly that when Obama gave a rousing attack speech against McCain and Palin that had attendees shouting "kill them" and "terrorists" and "treason" and attacked the white media members present with racial epithets.

I thought, you know, this doesn't seem right but the One can do no wrong.

LMAO... you are such a hack... in 2001 Ayers stated he was not sorry for what he had done. So NO, he didn't turn his life around. He simply lives in one of the most corrupt cities in the nation where the ultra left liberals are even obnoxious enough to present awards to terrorists and pass it off to their lemmings as some kind of wonderful.

Bullshit on the rest of your crap. Those loans would have been done regardless if the messiah was present or not. I do love your attempts to justify all the 'chance' encounters the two had. I would love to hear your explanation for why Michelle set up a panel with both of them on it. Wait I know, it probably has something to do with Ayers being such a profound professor. Friggin hack.

You're off the deep end. You're the type of voter they're targeting with their latest nonsense. You should be really proud of that.

Yes, that's exactly it. The One can do no wrong. I remember thinking exactly that when Obama gave a rousing attack speech against McCain and Palin that had attendees shouting "kill them" and "terrorists" and "treason" and attacked the white media members present with racial epithets.

I thought, you know, this doesn't seem right but the One can do no wrong.

Do help me out... are you actually trying to justify Obamas actions based on the stupidity of a few rally attendees? Wow.

Do help me out... are you actually trying to justify Obamas actions based on the stupidity of a few rally attendees? Wow.

No. Are you fucking retarded? Are you pretending that this isn't the type of reaction the McCain campaign is trying to drum up? As I said, you're off the deep end. A true dead-ender. A firmly entrenched right-wing lunatic Republican. The base that McCain is trying to firm up at this point in a last gasp of a failing campaign.

As I said, you should be proud.

It’s not about Obama at all. This is about the inciting of hate and ugliness that the McCain/Palin horror show is trying to stir up, and with success. This is exactly what I was talking about when I said you could see the hate in many of those faces at the GOP convention. They are all very angry. Enraged.

You think this is a joke. If something happens to Obama, I hope they put Palin and McCain in prison. It is no joke.

I doubt that it matters to you, but Ayers said the article written about him was an outright distortion. When he said "we didn't do enough," he was referring to not doing enough to stop the war, which Hannity now routinely says meant "didn't do enough bombing." Here is a quote he gave in a later interview:

"I've thought about this a lot. Being almost 60, it's impossible to not have lots and lots of regrets about lots and lots of things, but the question of did we do something that was horrendous, awful? ... I don't think so. I think what we did was to respond to a situation that was unconscionable. "The one thing I don't regret is opposing the war in Vietnam with every ounce of my being.... When I say, 'We didn't do enough,' a lot of people rush to think, 'That must mean, "We didn't bomb enough shit."' But that's not the point at all. It's not a tactical statement, it's an obvious political and ethical statement. In this context, 'we' means 'everyone.'"

Beyond that, he isn't bombing anything, nor has he for decades (and he was never actually implicated in a bombing). He has devoted the past 2 decades + to education, so to say he hasn't turned his life toward something more positive is absurd.

Regardless, the hyperbole which you, Hannity & the rest of your lackeys use on this issue is completely beyond reason.

It’s not about Obama at all. This is about the inciting of hate and ugliness that the McCain/Palin horror show is trying to stir up, and with success. This is exactly what I was talking about when I said you could see the hate in many of those faces at the GOP convention. They are all very angry. Enraged.

You think this is a joke. If something happens to Obama, I hope they put Palin and McCain in prison. It is no joke.

That is rovian Politics.

I doubt that it matters to you, but Ayers said the article written about him was an outright distortion. When he said "we didn't do enough," he was referring to not doing enough to stop the war, which Hannity now routinely says meant "didn't do enough bombing." Here is a quote he gave in a later interview:

"I've thought about this a lot. Being almost 60, it's impossible to not have lots and lots of regrets about lots and lots of things, but the question of did we do something that was horrendous, awful? ... I don't think so. I think what we did was to respond to a situation that was unconscionable. "The one thing I don't regret is opposing the war in Vietnam with every ounce of my being.... When I say, 'We didn't do enough,' a lot of people rush to think, 'That must mean, "We didn't bomb enough shit."' But that's not the point at all. It's not a tactical statement, it's an obvious political and ethical statement. In this context, 'we' means 'everyone.'"

Beyond that, he isn't bombing anything, nor has he for decades (and he was never actually implicated in a bombing). He has devoted the past 2 decades + to education, so to say he hasn't turned his life toward something more positive is absurd.

Regardless, the hyperbole which you, Hannity & the rest of your lackeys use on this issue is completely beyond reason.

I say the same thing today, very often. You know, what he is probably thinking of here, is the same thing I am thinking of when I talk about this with my friends. That a lot of innocent human beings are being killed, killed horribly, and many others are going through terrible suffering, many of them children, and those are my tax dollars. It’s immoral. Is it also immoral to pay taxes because of this? Yes. I can stop paying them and eventually go to jail, and as someone very close to me always says “one monkey don’t stop no show”, and so the bombs will continue to fall, and I’ll be in prison.
But that’s, at bottom, a cop out. We all should be doing more.

Imagine if a white guy was applying to your company for CEO, you were on the board sitting in on the interview.

During the interview he presented well and certainly looked the part.

Then imagine that along the way he informed you of these gems...

1. He had attended a KKK church for 20 years, but hadn't heard anybody say anything untoward during any services. Lately, just a couple months or so ago, he had disavowed himself of the church, then later still the preacher.
2. He worked with a guy who liked to bomb places in cities, but he hadn't hurt anybody directly although he did once bomb the Pentagon and bragged about how 2 pounds and $500 could do so much damage. He wasn't really good friends with him, but had been on several different boards and worked with him on a regular basis. When his wife created a new non-profit he was one of those on the board of that one too.
3. That several friends were the head of companies that had used Enron style accounting and risky ventures had caused the government to take over those companies, in fact that one of them pointed him here and gave him financial help to get here and is one of his closest advisers.

Would you hire him?

Imagine if a white guy was applying to your company for CEO, you were on the board sitting in on the interview.

1. He had attended a KKK church for 20 years, but hadn't heard anybody say anything untoward during any services. Lately, just a couple months or so ago, he had disavowed himself of the church, then later still the preacher.
2. He worked with a guy who liked to bomb places in cities, but he hadn't hurt anybody directly although he did once bomb the Pentagon and bragged about how 2 pounds and $500 could do so much damage. He wasn't really good friends with him, but had been on several different boards and worked with him on a regular basis. When his wife created a new non-profit he was one of those on the board of that one too.
3. That several friends were the head of companies that had used Enron style accounting and risky ventures had caused the government to take over those companies, in fact that one of them pointed him here and gave him financial help to get here and is one of his closest advisers.

Would you hire him?

Superfreak's savior returns with more dishonest bullshit.

Would you hire him?

I wish you guys knew how fucking stupid you sounded.

No biggie; at least I don't have to go through life like that.

You are correct. Ayers is a piece of shit and I really could care less if he feels misrepresented now. I am sure he quickly denounced his bombings when he came out to state how misrepresented he felt. Right? Oh, no... the above quote from him still states he felt he did nothing wrong. How dare that journalist suggest he was unrepentant!!! OUTRAGE!!!

I wish you guys knew how fucking stupid you sounded.

No biggie; at least I don't have to go through life like that.

Yeah, I think I might have to stop posting on the board from now until election day if this is the level of discourse from the "reasonable" folks on the right. It's only going to get worse from here on out and I don't need to put up with that shit.

You are correct. Ayers is a piece of shit and I really could care less if he feels misrepresented now. I am sure he quickly denounced his bombings when he came out to state how misrepresented he felt. Right? Oh, no... the above quote from him still states he felt he did nothing wrong. How dare that journalist suggest he was unrepentant!!! OUTRAGE!!!

Well, God forbid that you actually read the entirety of the comments & try to understand what he's saying, rather than hone in one the one splice you can create a quick "gotcha" point with.

You've certainly learned how to do it the "GOP" way...

Back