Lib evades taxes, admits hybrid technology isn't what it's touted

Isn't it funny how the "always literal" righties lose that literalness when they're losing an argument?

Yes, DT, a gas tax funds road repairs.

If you had any brains at all, you could say tolls are a road tax, but then this guy pays them.

So you're conceding the point, yet I'm 'losing the argument'?

What percentage, do you think, of this man's mileage is on toll roads, seeing that he lives in Chapel Hill, NC?

No hypocrisy at all. I'm a conservative and therefore believe that GovCo is too big, so it's my duty to evade taxes. Liberals believe GovCo isn't big enough, but this guy is using a strategy to evade paying "his fair share".

He does pay a sales tax because he doesn't buy the item the sales tax is placed on. That is not evading. Find another way to tax him.

And how do you know he doesn't pay tax on cash payments he receives, therefore balancing out what you do not pay?

Yes, it is hypocrisy to expect others to pay taxes while you lie to avoid paying them.

So you're conceding the point, yet I'm 'losing the argument'?

What percentage, do you think, of this man's mileage is on toll roads, seeing that he lives in Chapel Hill, NC?

Who cares? There's toll roads all over NC. Just like you, if he chooses to drive on one, fine. If not, fine.

There's a drive in North Carolina right now (by Republicans) to have drivers pay a tax based on miles driven, aided by a black box attached to the car. It stands a better chance than another one increasing licensing fees. I guess you'd be all for that, huh?

http://www.wfla.com/story/22542428/nc-looking-to-tax-hybrid-cars-to-pay-for-roads

That said, how much damage do old cars and trucks cause on our roads? Not to mention gas use? Perhaps we can ban them too?

Who cares? There's toll roads all over NC. Just like you, if he chooses to drive on one, fine. If not, fine.

There's a drive in North Carolina right now (by Republicans) to have drivers pay a tax based on miles driven, aided by a black box attached to the car. It stands a better chance than another one increasing licensing fees. I guess you'd be all for that, huh?

http://www.wfla.com/story/22542428/nc-looking-to-tax-hybrid-cars-to-pay-for-roads

That said, how much damage do old cars and trucks cause on our roads? Not to mention gas use? Perhaps we can ban them too?

1. There are 13 miles of toll roads in North Carolina. That's 0.000016% of the total in the state.
2. Again, I don't currently have a preference on how this guy pays his fair share, just that he does.
3. Older vehicles tend to use more gas per mile, so they are TEA (taxed enough already).

lol...Best spin ever!

He's a tax cheat because he doesn't have to pay taxes on gas!

lol

Only in DY's angry Tightie Rightie world!

Of course...conservatives are SUPPOSED to be about lower taxes...but they can't let them damn commie Liberals and their fancy electric cars put one over on them.

Sounds like power companies charging grid tied solar systems a bit more when they DO use power - again, to pay for the infrastructure.

I agree that electric car owners should also contribute to road maintenance. Owners of hybrid cars of course do buy gas, but not pure electric.

The problem perhaps is that we use taxes on gas for road maintenance as an approximation of how much people use the roads. Probably a better way would be mileage driven each year factored by weight of car or something; but gas tax is a decent approximation.

Not a big problem right now since there are so few electric cars on the road, but something to think about long term.

You should hear the buzz in the 'hood about my vegetable garden expansion to the front yard.

When asked, I say that it's my "Obama garden". LOL

That's precisely what you did when you made the argument that it's okay for YOU to avoid paying your fair share, but not for anyone driving a hybrid car.
Again, I'm a conservative and therefore believe that GovCo is too big, so it's my duty to evade taxes. Liberals believe GovCo isn't big enough, but this guy is using a strategy to evade paying "his fair share".

Again, I'm a conservative and therefore believe that GovCo is too big, so it's my duty to evade taxes. Liberals believe GovCo isn't big enough, but this guy is using a strategy to evade paying "his fair share".

It boggles my mind that you think "all liberals" walk and talk and think and react the same.

Having said that, I don't know anyone who bought an electric car who says "I'm buying it so I don't have to pay gas tax so I don't have to contribute to road maintenance".

It's a consequence of electric cars that is now getting some attention due to the number being purchased.

I know lots of people - liberals and conservatives - that don't want to pay state sales tax on items bought through Amazon.

When you lump everyone into one big bucket, it's hard for your argument to make any sense.

These neocons believe on that our party believes these things regardless of circumstance.
Which I why they are shrinking to just fat old white guys.

It boggles my mind that you think "all liberals" walk and talk and think and react the same.

Having said that, I don't know anyone who bought an electric car who says "I'm buying it so I don't have to pay gas tax so I don't have to contribute to road maintenance".

It's a consequence of electric cars that is now getting some attention due to the number being purchased.

I know lots of people - liberals and conservatives - that don't want to pay state sales tax on items bought through Amazon.

When you lump everyone into one big bucket, it's hard for your argument to make any sense.

"Walk and talk and think the same"? No, I said that they love big GovCo, and want it to get bigger. That's simply the definition of liberalism.

I don't care why someone buys a stupid electric car. All I care about is that he pay his fair share of road tax.

Nobody wants to pay more taxes, and as you correctly point out, we all evade them when we can. Liberals are just hypocritical about it.

"Walk and talk and think the same"? No, I said that they love big GovCo, and want it to get bigger. That's simply the definition of liberalism.

I don't care why someone buys a stupid electric car. All I care about is that he pay his fair share of road tax.

Nobody wants to pay more taxes, and as you correctly point out, we all evade them when we can. Liberals are just hypocritical about it.

And you are not hypocritical about it? You demand that someone else pay "their fair share", but you lie on your taxes to avoid paying your fair share? lol

I disagree that the higher percentage that I am required to pay is my "fair share". Everyone should pay the same percentage on every dollar.

I disagree that the higher percentage that I am required to pay is my "fair share". Everyone should pay the same percentage on every dollar.

I agree with you there. But until that law is passed, your "fair share" is not determined by what anyone else pays or by what you want to pay.

Actually it is, in my opinion. I'm no Boy Scout who thinks you have to abide from a law just because its a law. Change doesn't happen that way.

Actually it is, in my opinion. I'm no Boy Scout who thinks you have to abide from a law just because its a law. Change doesn't happen that way.

So the way to change a law is to break the law? Since I am pretty sure you don't tell the IRS that you are not paying all you owe, how will what you are doing change anything?

Back