Lib evades taxes, admits hybrid technology isn't what it's touted

get four old rubber tires.....stack them........fill with compost and plant your potatoes in the top one......the neighbors will love your recycling innovations......and your potatoes will be huge......
LOL My grandfather used to use tires in his garden, but just one layer. I use the same principle in mine, but use old firewood to make the confining circle. I never heard of stacking four like that. My neighbors would have a fucking bird.

Gosh, back in the day that generation recycled everything, and would make libtards everywhere shit their pants. My grandfather's neighbor stacked a huge pile of mattresses in his front yard, poured fuel oil over them, and burned the covers and stuffing out of them. Then he lined the steel frames around his property to make a fence.

The key to successful gardening is to approach it like a profit making business. Grow the vegetables that are expensive so you spend less of your income and purchase less at the store, evading taxes in both directions. ;)

Of course, that's the point, that a road tax needs to be levied on all fuels used in vehicles that use roads. Folks that use such fuels are evading taxes.

Or get the revenue for the roads via another method.

I have no problem taxing electric cars in some way so they pay for their part of the road taxes. I am just arguing with your condemnation of electric car drivers as tax evaders. I am not evading paying union dues. I don't belong to a union. The electric car driver is not evading paying the taxes added to gasoline purchases. They don't purchase gasoline.

Of course you're evading union dues, as well as evading union membership.

Tsk, tsk. All this bluster over a word. This is nearly as bad as the "burden" debacle.

I have no problem taxing electric cars in some way so they pay for their part of the road taxes. I am just arguing with your condemnation of electric car drivers as tax evaders. I am not evading paying union dues. I don't belong to a union. The electric car driver is not evading paying the taxes added to gasoline purchases. They don't purchase gasoline.
And if you think winter is a liberal, then yes redneck you are NRAZI

Exactly. The govt doesn't have a way yet to tax electric cars for road wear & tear. Doesn't mean they are evading taxes; they simply aren't buying gas.

Bicyclists don't pay any gas taxes either. Are they evading taxes? What about people who walk on roads? What about people in motorized electric wheelchairs?

If enough electric cars get out there that they start to cause a significant loss of road repair tax, I'm sure something will be thought up. And then DY will complain about the govt raising taxes.

Exactly. The govt doesn't have a way yet to tax electric cars for road wear & tear. Doesn't mean they are evading taxes; they simply aren't buying gas.

Bicyclists don't pay any gas taxes either. Are they evading taxes? What about people who walk on roads? What about people in motorized electric wheelchairs?

If enough electric cars get out there that they start to cause a significant loss of road repair tax, I'm sure something will be thought up. And then DY will complain about the govt raising taxes.

These are all ridiculous comparisons. Wheel chairs, pedestrians and bicycles don't cause wear and tear on roadways designed for cars and trucks.

And sorry, but I'm a firm believer in use taxes to pay for public necessities. Currently a large percentage of road costs are paid by fuel taxes; I would like 100% of it to be done that way, or some other equitable "use tax". And your friend driving the electric car is avoiding that; hence evading taxes.

We need to pass legislation to close this tax gas evasion loophole.

I am not sure who is the bigger idiot. Me, for deciding to slum it and debate the Yankee, or the Yankee.

A few clarifications as I am the one that is quoted. 1). I am a registered Republican in Wake County, NC. Look it up. It should be public record. I am not a liberal. Kinda blows your assertions out of the water. 2). I don't live in Chapel Hill. 3). I am not trying to evade anything. Most electric car owners expect to contribute to the road taxes, but there are not current mechanisms. I was on a statewide task force the provide guidance on these issues.

And one other comment, as it is clear you don't understand what evasion is, and how it is interpreted through IRS law. Evasion is the unlawful act of not paying taxes due. Tax AVOIDANCE is the legal use of all available credits and tax law to avoid paying any more taxes due than is absolutely required by law. This is 100% legal and every time you claim a tax deduction, you are practicing tax avoidance.

So, you could say I am practicing unintentional tax avoidance, even though its a rather ignorant assessment as the premium cost of an electric car will far outweigh any fuel tax benefits.

Back