Lib evades taxes, admits hybrid technology isn't what it's touted

Change isn't going to happen because of the IRS, but by Congress. Millions of people like me "making mistakes", making the IRS spend massive resources to fight for every dime will alert Congress that the system needs to be simplified. If they send me to prison, I'll spend their resources there.

Actually it is, in my opinion. I'm no Boy Scout who thinks you have to abide from a law just because its a law. Change doesn't happen that way.

Perhaps the people driving the electric cars feel they pay their "fair share" without paying the added fuel taxes. Perhaps they see their contribution to the environment as enough of a positive to balance things out.

If you can decide what is your "fair share" then they should be able to do the same. It may be that those people pay more into whatever sources pay the other 60% of NC's highway revenues.

But to claim you pay your fair share and that you should be able to decide that, while denying others the ability to do the same is, in fact, hypocrisy.

Change isn't going to happen because of the IRS, but by Congress. Millions of people like me "making mistakes", making the IRS spend massive resources to fight for every dime will alert Congress that the system needs to be simplified. If they send me to prison, I'll spend their resources there.

"Making mistakes"? Even now you lie about what it is?

The road tax is a tax added to the sale of gasoline. If they do not buy gasoline, they are not evading anything they are simply not paying a sales tax on something they do not purchase.

Would you suggest they send in checks for the amount of gasoline tax they WOULD have used?

There needs to be new legislation closing this gun purchase.., er gasoline tax loophole. :)

I misread the OP the first time. Now I see it also includes hybrids. At what point does the gas mileage qualify you for being a tax evader?

I mean, obviously someone driving a big SUV is not evading the tax. But someone driving a hybrid is? So what about a SmartCar or some other small car that gets very good gas mileage? Are they evading too?

Again, I'm a conservative and therefore believe that GovCo is too big, so it's my duty to evade taxes. Liberals believe GovCo isn't big enough, but this guy is using a strategy to evade paying "his fair share".

Excuses, excuses, excuses...LOL!

Call it whatever you have to, to help you sleep at night.

Your double standard is plain to everyone.

And you are not hypocritical about it? You demand that someone else pay "their fair share", but you lie on your taxes to avoid paying your fair share? lol

Like your standard, two-faced Rightie, he believes EVERYONE ELSE should pay their FAIR SHARE.

Everyone but him.

As long as they are paying road taxes on the fuel be it gas, diesel, ethanol, LNG, biodiesel, vegetable oil, electricity, or some other fuel, it doesn't matter.

You do realize that No. 2 fuel oil can easily be substituted for diesel, don't you? Some diesel car owners routinely pump out of their home heating oil tank and evade road taxes that way. What this guy's doing is no different.

As long as they are paying road taxes on the fuel be it gas, diesel, ethanol, LNG, biodiesel, vegetable oil, electricity, or some other fuel, it doesn't matter.

You do realize that No. 2 fuel oil can easily be substituted for diesel, don't you? Some diesel car owners routinely pump out of their home heating oil tank and evade road taxes that way. What this guy's doing is no different.

It is absolutely NOT the same thing. The people who use home heating oil are using a fuel other than what their vehicle is meant to burn, the electric car owner is not.

So you don't care of someone gets 60 or 80 mpg, but only electric cars are evading the road tax?

Sorry, but diesels readily run on heating oil. In fact it is dyed red to identify it from road fuel.

Sorry, but electric cars don't run on any fuel that is taxed to pay for roads, so there is nothing they could do that would pay that tax.

The people using heating oil instead of diesel are evading a tax, the electric car owners are not.

I have a mental image of DY's head spinning as he tries to weasel his way out of this one. Even the right wing rag that came up with this malarkey gave up.

Of course, that's the point, that a road tax needs to be levied on all fuels used in vehicles that use roads. Folks that use such fuels are evading taxes.

Back