Louisiana Requires All Public Classrooms to Display Ten Commandments

Thou Shalt Not Post the Ten Commandments in the Classroom​

On Saturday he told attendees at a Republican fund-raiser, “I can’t wait to be sued.” Clearly, he knows that the Supreme Court previously ruled against mandatory displays of the Ten Commandments in the classroom. In a 1980 case, Stone v. Graham, the Supreme Court struck down a Kentucky law that required the posting of the Ten Commandments.

But Landry’s comments didn’t stop with bravado. He also said something else interesting. “If you want to respect the rule of law,” he told the guests, “you’ve got to start from the original lawgiver, which was Moses.” To teach respect for the rule of law, he’s defying the Supreme Court? That’s an interesting message to send to students.

200.webp

No one is teaching any children that there is only one true religion...
Have you even READ the 10 Commandments, including the ones you enjoy breaking? The first very one states that there is only one particular god. The fourth dictates a holy day. In a publicly-funded building, this clearly violates the 1st Amendment.

Residents and others challenged the inclusion of the creche as a violation of the First Amendment's Establishment Clause. In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court rejected the challenge—ruling that the religious display on public property didn't violate the Constitution because the display also served a secular purpose.

Schools should teach read writing and arithmetic. They should be neutral on religion. If they display the 10 Commandments they should display laws from other religions also. I don't think anyone has the time or will for that. While I firmly believe the 10 Commandments should be followed. It is up to the parents to make sure their kids see the need for the 10 Commandments . I think Churches should operate OFF CAMPUS student centers that have activities before and after school for students. Those churches could display the 10 Commandments in their student center.
Absolutely agree.

Right. So, a rainbow flag in a classroom is indoctrination, but “Thou shalt have no other gods before me” is not.

The last profession you should have had was teaching. You don’t even grasp the basics of it.
That's because it's a fake career that she uses as a bludgeon on political discussion forums. There is no record of her ever having been a credentialed educator at the classroom teacher level. Maybe a para, if that.

Good point about the rainbow. Toxic TOP and other flakes have bitched for years about schools being inclusive with displays of Pride symbols.

That's because it's a fake career that she uses as a bludgeon on political discussion forums. There is no record of her ever having been a credentialed educator at the classroom teacher level. Maybe a para, if that.

Good point about the rainbow. Toxic TOP and other flakes have bitched for years about schools being inclusive with displays of Pride symbols.
One even said yesterday just not to look at the poster. i asked why they couldn't just not look at the rainbow flag?

Residents and others challenged the inclusion of the creche as a violation of the First Amendment's Establishment Clause. In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court rejected the challenge—ruling that the religious display on public property didn't violate the Constitution because the display also served a secular purpose.
Irrelevant to this case. I explained it to you earlier, but you’re too fucking stupid to understand it.

Headless and brainless Earl.

Sure you do.

The blue states indoctrinate children with the perversion of trans freaks and homosexuals and DEI…
Thats simply the right wing media lying to you, its not like the blue states require religious doctrine to be posted on the walls.

Six states have now passed LGBTQ+ inclusive curriculum legislation—each with a different definition of ‘inclusion’​

Back