Louisiana Requires All Public Classrooms to Display Ten Commandments

Right. So, a rainbow flag in a classroom is indoctrination, but “Thou shalt have no other gods before me” is not.

The last profession you should have had was teaching. You don’t even grasp the basics of it.
It depends if the teacher has decided to teach the rainbow flag.... Posters and decorations Are just that... I taught and coached for thirty years.... I understand the basics perfectly...

While the Commandments are religious, they have an undeniable historical meaning. Simply having religious content or promoting a message consistent with a religious doctrine does not run afoul of the Establishment Clause. See, e.g., Lynch v. Donnelly, supra, at 680, 687.

Residents and others challenged the inclusion of the creche as a violation of the First Amendment's Establishment Clause. In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court rejected the challenge—ruling that the religious display on public property didn't violate the Constitution because the display also served a secular purpose
You want secular for those other, non-religious portions? Great.

Post the Louisiana code for theft, murder, etc and the legal penalties for such.

It depends if the teacher has decided to teach the rainbow flag.... Posters and decorations Are just that... I taught and coached for thirty years.... I understand the basics perfectly...
Then you know, and admit, that posters and displays in a classroom are intended to teach something. Yet, you say they are not teaching.

Make up your fucking mind.

Then there's the whole Sabbath Day and keeping it holy. This could very well backfire when the kids start wondering why one of the Commandments says not to commit adultery, yet mom and dad are supporting an orange shitgibbon who did that multiple times.
Dr. Jill was a married woman when Joe and Dr. Jill began their affair. People make mistakes. God forgives.

Then you know, and admit, that posters and displays in a classroom are intended to teach something. Yet, you say they are not teaching.

Make up your fucking mind.
No there are some just there as decorations... Kids can discuss or ask about them but they're not taught specifically... Unless they are posters that were created for a lesson.... Come on... this is not a difficult...

We do have that little in god we trust motto... You may have seen it here and there. This is an interesting article... https://www.edweek.org/policy-polit...n-classrooms-violate-the-constitution/2024/06 When I was teaching we had all kinds of different inspirational posters on the wall... Kids were encouraged to design their own and add them.... If there were children of different religious persuasions this is a perfect opportunity to discuss what other cultural and religious differences are out there... I remember that one of the posters that a student designed an art class got plastered all over the school as a matter of fact... it read "Real men don't sag" with an interesting illustration...;)
Still pretending to be an educator, I see. It's not very believable.

How would you feel if the classrooms had to post the Wiccan Rede, excerpts from the Quran or the Veda? Fair is fair, right?

So a satan poster would be cool?
:laugh:

This one could go right up by the 10 (mostly ignored by "Christians") Commandments:

1I09YbD.jpg

Doubtful , but really there's not much of a chance that that would even be a request... I never had any students that ever mentioned worshipping satan... Quite a few different religions but not that...

While the Commandments are religious, they have an undeniable historical meaning. Simply having religious content or promoting a message consistent with a religious doctrine does not run afoul of the Establishment Clause. See, e.g., Lynch v. Donnelly, supra, at 680, 687.

Residents and others challenged the inclusion of the creche as a violation of the First Amendment's Establishment Clause. In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court rejected the challenge—ruling that the religious display on public property didn't violate the Constitution because the display also served a secular purpose
Totally irrelevant to this situation.

That ruling was about a display in the shopping district as part of a larger display including Santa Claus, Christmas trees and the such. Not an overt attempt to advocate or endorse for a particular religion. Advocation or endorsement is specifically prohibited. In Lynch v Donnelly, that’s EXACTLY what Sandra Day O’Connor said in the majority opinion.

So, once again, you post from ignorance.

No there are some just there as decorations... Kids can discuss or ask about them but they're not taught specifically... Unless they are posters that were created for a lesson.... Come on... this is not a difficult...
I know this isn’t a difficult concept. Why the fuck does it escape you morons?

Ok, thanks. But that has absolutely nothing to do with why he addressed it to me. I have never said anything about how many Hitler, Stalin or anyone else killed.

All I said that anyone who needed a GOD to tell them that killing people is wrong...is a psychopath.

So, we are born with morality? That's just stupid and false.

Back