Louisiana Requires All Public Classrooms to Display Ten Commandments

If only parents and the community would do their job...and it's obvious that always isn't taking place...
A teacher's job may include passing along skills that can possibly offer a better future for these kids...and maybe even save their life...
Our students are with us quite a number of hours each day...if they're there for extra curricular activities...sports, clubs, etc...sometimes a good majority of the day...
Our job extends far beyond just reading, writing, and arithmetic...
True. It doesn't extend to violating the law yourselves, in this case Constitutional law. After two hundred and fifty years of public education why do you suppose there are not already framed copies or posters of The Ten Commandments on the walls of public school classrooms?

True. It doesn't extend to violating the law yourselves, in this case Constitutional law. After two hundred and fifty years of public education why do you suppose there are not already framed copies or posters of The Ten Commandments on the walls of public school classrooms?
We do have that little in god we trust motto... You may have seen it here and there. This is an interesting article... https://www.edweek.org/policy-polit...n-classrooms-violate-the-constitution/2024/06 When I was teaching we had all kinds of different inspirational posters on the wall... Kids were encouraged to design their own and add them.... If there were children of different religious persuasions this is a perfect opportunity to discuss what other cultural and religious differences are out there... I remember that one of the posters that a student designed an art class got plastered all over the school as a matter of fact... it read "Real men don't sag" with an interesting illustration...;)

Even satin
We do have that little in god we trust motto... You may have seen it here and there. This is an interesting article... https://www.edweek.org/policy-polit...n-classrooms-violate-the-constitution/2024/06 When I was teaching we had all kinds of different inspirational posters on the wall... Kids were encouraged to design their own and add them.... If there were children of different religious persuasions this is a perfect opportunity to discuss what other cultural and religious differences are out there... I remember that one of the posters that a student designed an art class got plastered all over the school as a matter of fact... it read "Real men don't sag" with an interesting illustration

We do have that little in god we trust motto... You may have seen it here and there. This is an interesting article... https://www.edweek.org/policy-polit...n-classrooms-violate-the-constitution/2024/06 When I was teaching we had all kinds of different inspirational posters on the wall... Kids were encouraged to design their own and add them.... If there were children of different religious persuasions this is a perfect opportunity to discuss what other cultural and religious differences are out there... I remember that one of the posters that a student designed an art class got plastered all over the school as a matter of fact... it read "Real men don't sag" with an interesting illustration...;)
Satin is a God to some!

A great teacher doesn't
Impose personal political or religious beliefs on student... But is Open Discussion about individuality when it comes to students and their families... If you've ever taught it's much easier to understand... A poster on the wall doesn't force any student to do anything or think any particular way...

A great teacher Doesn't
Impose personal political or religious beliefs on student... But is Open Discussion about individuality when it comes to students and their families... If you've ever taught it's much easier to understand... A poster on the wall doesn't force any student to do anything or think any particular way...
So a satan poster would be cool?

No, it's not the same thing. No one is advocating reciting the Ten Commandments.
They merely have to see “You shall not have any gods before me” every day.

Nobody is required to recite the pledge. With visible placement of “Thou shalt observe the Sabbath and keep it holy”, that’s unavoidable.

Oh...like a villain... Probably not a big deal...
How about this:

THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS​

I
One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
II
The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
III
One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
IV
The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
V
Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
VI
People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
VII
Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Crest image by Luciana Nedelea.

How about this one next to it?

OIP.WG-5sv9sSQ3rKJ_RbE_i0AAAAA

“Thou shalt not have any gods before me” is teaching right from wrong?

That’s telling kids there is only one true religion.

How about this:

THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS​

I
One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
II
The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
III
One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
IV
The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
V
Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
VI
People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
VII
Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Crest image by Luciana Nedelea.
I doubt if that would Is cause a problem. It doesn't even mention satan...;)

Back