Louisiana Requires All Public Classrooms to Display Ten Commandments

Stalin = between 15 and 25 million
Mao = between 30 and 100 million
Pol Pot = about 3 million (but he was an amateur)

Hitler managed somewhere between 6 and 11 million.
So what is the point? What, if you can help me with this, is Yakuda's point?

I suppose he's pointing out that Hitler wasn't the worst dictator in history, which is true on a number of levels. I think that title goes to Mao with Stalin being in second place. Hitler comes in a distant third.
Ok, thanks. But that has absolutely nothing to do with why he addressed it to me. I have never said anything about how many Hitler, Stalin or anyone else killed.

All I said that anyone who needed a GOD to tell them that killing people is wrong...is a psychopath.

Ok, thanks. But that has absolutely nothing to do with why he addressed it to me. I have never said anything about how many Hitler, Stalin or anyone else killed.

All I said that anyone who needed a GOD to tell them that killing people is wrong...is a psychopath.
I can agree to that.

Thou Shalt Not Post the Ten Commandments in the Classroom​

On Saturday he told attendees at a Republican fund-raiser, “I can’t wait to be sued.” Clearly, he knows that the Supreme Court previously ruled against mandatory displays of the Ten Commandments in the classroom. In a 1980 case, Stone v. Graham, the Supreme Court struck down a Kentucky law that required the posting of the Ten Commandments.

But Landry’s comments didn’t stop with bravado. He also said something else interesting. “If you want to respect the rule of law,” he told the guests, “you’ve got to start from the original lawgiver, which was Moses.” To teach respect for the rule of law, he’s defying the Supreme Court? That’s an interesting message to send to students.

On Saturday he told attendees at a Republican fund-raiser, “I can’t wait to be sued.” Clearly, he knows that the Supreme Court previously ruled against mandatory displays of the Ten Commandments in the classroom. In a 1980 case, Stone v. Graham, the Supreme Court struck down a Kentucky law that required the posting of the Ten Commandments.

But Landry’s comments didn’t stop with bravado. He also said something else interesting. “If you want to respect the rule of law,” he told the guests, “you’ve got to start from the original lawgiver, which was Moses.” To teach respect for the rule of law, he’s defying the Supreme Court? That’s an interesting message to send to students.

The Supreme Court does not have authority to change the Constitution. This ruling can be ignored.

Nothing in the Constitution of the United States prevents any State from posting the Ten Commandments in a public place.

The Supreme Court is not law. It is a court.

First amendment does apply to States, and that is settled case law.
The Supreme Court is not the Constitution, Sybil. They do not have any authority to change the Constitution. No court has any authority to change the Constitution.

The 1st amendment does not apply to the States.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

It applies ONLY to Congress.

Back