Matthew 6:5

Yes there are things we yet don’t know

Mankind has always lived in that mental space

We always will

Otherwise we will die as a species

Seeking to understand existence is in our DNA

That is why some display the god gene (a propensity to believe in a higher being)

A mind soother to compel us to live long enough to create the next generation

Think of how many times in mans existence religions had to be altered to comport with newly known facts

Religion comes from the brains of mankind

Not from facts

Just because a human believes something doesn’t make it real huh
Nothing is permanent, including species. If our species can't leave the planet and colonize other worlds, our own planet will eventually kill off the species or a big rock will do it.

Like our ancestors living in the great ocean, the key question is "will our species survive long enough to evolve into something better?"

If we only went by JPP, then the answer is no. :D

Agreed. But just like you can’t lump every nigrow in one pile so true with every so called Christian. Quit stereotyp’n son
Blessings
It’s called trollin
Blessings
Gobbledygook
Blessings
Ahh, good to see you survived Thanksgiving, Legion. I thought maybe, it being a holiday and all, that there were fewer guards at your mental facility and you were able to wander into traffic.

Correct, hence the $100 offer. What did you mean by "claimed religion"?

I never bet

I have said that repeatedly here on this sight since I came here at its founding over a decade ago

I never guessed at your religion

Quit pretending I did

That is very dishonest

Yes there are things we yet don’t know

Mankind has always lived in that mental space

We always will

Otherwise we will die as a species

Seeking to understand existence is in our DNA

That is why some display the god gene (a propensity to believe in a higher being)

A mind soother to compel us to live long enough to create the next generation

Think of how many times in mans existence religions had to be altered to comport with newly known facts

Religion comes from the brains of mankind

Not from facts

Just because a human believes something doesn’t make it real huh

Yes, religion and faith are obviously a human expression to find meaning in life.

I generally feel like reason and belief can exist side by side.

As for religion having to adapt to modern knowlege and science, that has been an expectation of Christianity since the early days of the Apostolic Church Fathers. Saint Augustine was explicitly clear that the bible was allegorical and that biblical allegory was provisional -- the bible would always need to be reinterpreted in light of current knowlege and the extant state of natural philosophy.

It is a feature of modern Christianity, and specifically Protestant fundamentalism, that the bible is inerrant, that it is literally true, and that it is the sole source of theological truth.

Yes, religion and faith are obviously a human expression to find meaning in life.

I generally feel like reason and belief can exist side by side.

As for religion having to adapt to modern knowlege and science, that has been an expectation of Christianity since the early days of the Apostolic Church Fathers. Saint Augustine was explicitly clear that the bible was allegorical and that biblical allegory was provisional -- the bible would always need to be reinterpreted in light of current knowlege and the extant state of natural philosophy.

It is a feature of modern Christianity, and specifically Protestant fundamentalism, that the bible is inerrant, that it is literally true, and that it is the sole source of theological truth.

Yes it is modern

A trashing of religious thought to aid evil people in using organized religion to cheat others humans

I have proven that Dutch uncle lied about my posts here

It shows a lack of character for DU to deny his “mistakes” about my words and that poster marching right into the lie realm

This is meaningless to the conversation we were having

A completely false diversion

A fundamental difference in point of view where you and I see the world. A variation on the glass is half empty/half full debate.

All other arguments spring from these two POVs.

I never bet

I have said that repeatedly here on this sight since I came here at its founding over a decade ago
I never guessed at your religion
Quit pretending I did
That is very dishonest
Translation: I hate to lose bets.

No shit, Evince. Me too! That's why I never bet on things I know are wrong or stupid. Kudos for knowing this truism. :thup:

Thanks for your admission you don't know if I'm religious much less what religion I might prefer. Ergo, the bet is nullified.

Now that the bet is canceled, I can tell you this: It's been my long perception that there are two types of people on this forum; 1) those who draw a hard line between their beliefs be it related to politics and/or religion and 2) those who are willing to discuss it.

This is why hardliners like yourself and all other far Left/Right POVs harshly conflict with the opposing views from those in the latter group. This is why you have such a hard time with my posts and why you choose attack as your method of response and, unlike reasonable adults like TOW and Phantasmal, you prefer veering hard towards a wall over the safe, sane middle.

Best wishes on this Thanksgiving weekend! :)

I never claimed to know your religion asshole

Your trash argument proves what an evil fuck you are

It is noted that you are a weak shit

I accept lies from no one

With post 122 I begin out to the poster currently named Dutch uncle repeatedly lied about what I said in this thread

With post 122 I begin out to the poster currently named Dutch uncle repeatedly lied about what I said in this thread

This is meaningless to the conversation we were having

A completely false diversion

A fundamental difference in point of view where you and I see the world. A variation on the glass is half empty/half full debate.

All other arguments spring from these two POVs.

Back