My electric bill

Nobody ever called me an adventurous type, but I saw it with my family years ago.
It's safe in the summer...just cool and breezy. And there's a fun cog rail train to take you right to the top.
You have to walk the last few feet to the absolute summit, but it's not hard.

It's the only time I can remember exceeding the height of a tree line in nature, flying not included.

I used to live in Colorado and have often hiked above the timberline when in college. Even the Continental Divide. Being youthful, I even peed on both sides of the Divide although it took peeing on one side, holding it and walking about 50 yards to the opposite slope.

I used to live in Colorado and have often hiked above the timberline when in college. Even the Continental Divide. Being youthful, I even peed on both sides of the Divide although it took peeing on one side, holding it and walking about 50 yards to the opposite slope.

I'm sure that the purpose of your urine distributing ritual made total sense to you, Uncle, and in the end, that's all that matters!!!

My sex life, that is Biden's fault also.

He has made all men gay I swear to God.

There are no real men left in the world anymore.

Women like you could turn men gay.
I was checking my electric bill. It has been month by moth within 5 bucks of last years. Sometimes lower, mostly up.

Including the claim that he lives in AZ. He does not. lol

I use the term 'she' loosely. I ain't buying. But, if it's a she.....

What tinkerpeach wants us to think she looks like:

vfnsODHKvZ9j8KnbCmkEyxuJWS8.jpg

What 'she' actually looks like:

LJ63XCFPZLB7QOYZP73O2BQ7V4.jpg

I'm sure that the purpose of your urine distributing ritual made total sense to you, Uncle, and in the end, that's all that matters!!!

Yes. That part of me was simultaneously divided with one part going to the Pacific and the other to the Atlantic....although their arrival times would vary.

Agreed, but I also think there are mental issues to consider for people who live fantasy lives online.

There are JPP members who are just being themselves and there are members who are playing a role. The Normal people, which I consider you and TOW, among others, to be members, are themselves. The Abbie Normals, not so much. LOL

FWIW, my kWh usage in July is 1,267. Last year it was 811. A 50% increase in usage is easily understood to produce a likewise rise in billing...as most Normal people would understand. :)

Well, when you don't actually live in Phoenix -- or America -- it could become a bit more difficult to grok. lol

The last one was 221.00 and it's been consistently over 200.00 since Biden became president.

When Trump was president it was 114.00 almost consistently.

There has been no change in my energy consumption.

How is biden helping the people again?

He has made it harder for people to survive.

How's he doing that?

Btw I'd be thrilled to have a $221 bill; my last one was $310. The bill averaged over $300 for all of 2020 and Biden wasn't president.

The last one was 221.00 and it's been consistently over 200.00 since Biden became president.

Now the president controls utility prices? Mine were $140 last summer and the same this summer.

Now the president controls utility prices? Mine were $140 last summer and the same this summer.

I always found an element of irony that we talk so much about our democracy yet act like the President is a dictator who has total control over everything that happens.

That's stupid.

If you set your AC at 75 it takes the same amount of energy if it's 80 degrees or 120 outside.

As long as the temp is over what the temp you have it set at the temp doesn't matter.

It runs constantly.

OMFG.
You just revealed how ignorant you are.

Your AC only runs until the temperature your thermostat is set at is reached, then it shuts off. If it runs constantly when the temperature is 100 outside then it can't maintain 75 when the temperature is 115. This is simple heat transfer. Does your AC work as well if you open all your windows?

You obviously don't live in the South or SouthWest. :D

SE Texas. Current temp is 97 at 11:30 am. I live in a newer home with an efficient AC and insulation. My previous home it was about $250. I'm surprised it is so low. Also, Texas has doubled its solar capacity from last year.

Mine is $250 a month! It's been that amount for about 7 years now. Because I have a contract that allows me to average. And I am grandfathered into a rate of only 12 cents per kwh!

Not only that, at the end of every year, I always get a huge refund due to me staying under my monthly average in actual usage!

SE Texas. Current temp is 97 at 11:30 am. I live in a newer home with an efficient AC and insulation. My previous home it was about $250. I'm surprised it is so low. Also, Texas has doubled its solar capacity from last year.

I have solar on my house, but it's a 30 year old home. When the solar was installed, part of the cost was better roof insulation and a solar-powered fan drawing out the attic heat. My last bill was $167. I expect the next bill will be a little over $200.

Last edited:
I have solar on my house, but it's a 30 year old home. When the solar was installed, part of the cost was better roof insulation and a solar-powered fan drawing out the attic heat.

I have friends who have solar and have no bill. They say they would never own an electric car.

There is no difference between 100 and 110 degrees when you have no humidity.

Tell that to the FAA! They will groundstop all take-offs when the Temperature starts exceeding 110 degrees, well, on certain aircrafts. But on Southwestern Airlines Jets and most of American Airline jets for sure.

This has happened to me so many times in Arizona, I lost count.

Back