My electric bill

Tell that to the FAA! They will groundstop all take-offs when the Temperature starts exceeding 110 degrees, well, on certain aircrafts. But on Southwestern Airlines Jets and most of American Airline jets for sure.

This has happened to me so many times in Arizona, I lost count.

The FAA does not cancel flights, that's up to airlines.

The FAA does not cancel flights, that's up to airlines.

It's based on FAA requirements. Certain planes like Bombardiers do not have enough lift to get them off the ground when the Temperature is more than 115 degrees. It is the Air Traffic controllers that actually grounds them from taking off based on what type of plane it is. They control the runways.

When a pilot experiences a problem with lift on takeoffs, they will report it back to the control tower.

Some planes today like Airbus and some Boeing 737's can takeoff even if the temperature is 135 degrees. But, they usually won't ever take off over 125 degrees, because of all the weight they have to carry.

Last edited:
It's based on FAA requirements. Certain planes like Bombardiers do not have enough lift to get them off the ground when the Temperature is more than 115 degrees. It is the Air Traffic controllers that actually grounds them from taking off based on what type of plane it is. They control the runways.

Some planes today like Airbus and some Boeing 737's can takeoff even if the temperature is 135 degrees.

Well apparently you are the expert here so I will defer to you.

e8749b706664fe37144476c138e13806.jpg

The last one was 221.00 and it's been consistently over 200.00 since Biden became president.

When Trump was president it was 114.00 almost consistently.

There has been no change in my energy consumption.

How is biden helping the people again?

He has made it harder for people to survive.

Its not your imagination....the average US rate was about 13 cents kwh for years till 2021....now it is 17 cents:

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/APU...=XGtable&output_view=data&include_graphs=true

Not an expert on jets- just an expert of flying as a passenger in them.

And I also know some SW airline pilots as neighbors, and many of the flight attendants by their first names because of all the commuter flights I used to have to fly.

Last edited:

I'm an expert on flight and he's correct. Above certain temps, planes are restricted from flying. There's the aircraft manufacturer limits and the FAA limits. Safety of passengers is priority #1 for all airliners.

I'm an expert on flight and he's correct. Above certain temps, planes are restricted from flying. There's the aircraft manufacturer limits and the FAA limits. Safety of passengers is priority #1 for all airliners.

Extreme heat really only affects small planes, major jetliners are designed to operate in temps up to the high 120's.

Phoenix Sky Harbor airport is prepared for this by having longer runways than most airports.

High heat really only affects the planes ability to take off.

Thank God for small favors.

Comfort and convenience of passengers are certainly not priorities!!!

Crashes are bad for business...and the pilots don't like it either. Jus' sayin'.

Thank God deregulation lowered prices so common folk can fly. :)

I remember the "Summer of the Bus Passengers". 1993? That's when deregulation and low cost airlines reduced ticket prices to the point where people who usually took the bus bought a ticket on the airlines. After that, the passenger cabin looked like a NYC bus. :)

Extreme heat really only affects small planes, major jetliners are designed to operate in temps up to the high 120's.

Phoenix Sky Harbor airport is prepared for this by having longer runways than most airports.

High heat really only affects the planes ability to take off.

I believe that it also often impacts passenger comfort.

The last one was 221.00 and it's been consistently over 200.00 since Biden became president.

When Trump was president it was 114.00 almost consistently.

There has been no change in my energy consumption.

How is biden helping the people again?

He has made it harder for people to survive.

I am experiencing the same. Bidenonomics in action.

Here. In the fun part. If you have your EV plugged in, it is possiblr for your unility company to use your cars stored electricity to maintaim the power grid.

Back