N.O.W. says Ted Kennedy guilty of "the ultimate betrayal"!!!

Well, I just wonder if you have given any thought to a woman raising a daughter, maybe a single mom, struggling, and knowing that if Hillary is elected then all things become possible for her daughter’s future. Everything changes. And I wonder if you have seen any interviews with young black men who tell about how they would feel if Obama is elected, and since some of them I have heard seem to feel the same way those women would feel if Hillary is elected, if that bothers you and you think they are not qualified to vote either?

I think there is something beautiful and very hopeful about it, and I don’t think it’s mindless or makes anyone unqualified to vote.

I can’t support Hillary, because unfortunately owing to the work I have chosen to do, I don’t have the luxury of pretending I don’t know about the many women and children, and innocent men too, who have been killed and others who have had their lives completely destroyed over this war culture we live in, and that she is too big a part of.

But you know, I get the sentiment.

How does Hillary getting elected change one (other) woman's life? JFK's election didn't empower me as a Catholic - it just confirmed that anti-Catholicism had been in substantial decline throughout the preceeding decade. This is like all those people who claim that Reagan's "Good Morning in America" magically made everything all better because it was inspiring. It was his accomplishments that paid off. Inspiration is for athletes and their fans.

darn child molesting catholics!

j/k. well mostly.

Yep, this kind of stuff can be well avoided when executives (bishops, in the case of the Church) actually act responsibly, obey the law, and see to it that intra-organizational crimes are handled and made public when necessary, instead of transferring subordinates around and covering up for them...

Yay Vatican II! :cheer:

How does Hillary getting elected change one (other) woman's life? JFK's election didn't empower me as a Catholic - it just confirmed that anti-Catholicism had been in substantial decline throughout the preceeding decade. This is like all those people who claim that Reagan's "Good Morning in America" magically made everything all better because it was inspiring. It was his accomplishments that paid off. Inspiration is for athletes and their fans.

Your weren't even a sperm yet when Kennedy was elected. In fact, your dad might not even have been born yet.

Irrelevant argument.

Yep, this kind of stuff can be well avoided when executives (bishops, in the case of the Church) actually act responsibly, obey the law, and see to it that intra-organizational crimes are handled and made public when necessary, instead of transferring subordinates around and covering up for them...

Yay Vatican II! :cheer:

funny, because that is what the teachers union apparently does as well. Just on the news tonight..... instead of prosecuting the teacher, they just moved her to a different district. Damn unions.

"http://www.diverseeducation.com/artman/publish/article_8984.shtml"

Another union worker/molester.

Damn those union workers are as bad as the priests.

The strange thing is that the so-called press release is not on N.O.W.'s website although there is a link to other press releases. Additionally, everyone seems to be linking back to the same source so there hasn't been any confirmation of the original source's accuracy.

I'd also remind you that Ben Smith is the guy that reported that Edwards was dropping out of the race. How'd that work out for him?

I suscribe to NOW and get their emails...I had to wait until I got home, which I just did. This is the only email from NOW on the subject that I have received:

NOW's Response to Sen. Kennedy's Endorsement

Statement of NOW President Kim Gandy

January 28, 2008

The National Organization for Women has enormous respect and admiration for Sen. Edward Kennedy (D- Mass.). For decades Sen. Kennedy has been a friend of NOW, and a leader and fighter for women's civil and reproductive rights, and his record shows that.

Though the National Organization for Women Political Action Committee has proudly endorsed Sen. Hillary Clinton for president, we respect Sen. Kennedy's endorsement. We continue to encourage women everywhere to express their opinions and exercise their right to vote.

Back