New way to finance college

You might as well beat your head up against a wall than think Wacko would believe that government is the cause of all problems and those wonderful self sacrificing businessmen who only care about bettering all of society have the solution to all our problems.

That certainly was an asinine thing to say. Our Universities and their administrators are the primary cause of the run away cost of education and have aggressively fought all efforts by the public, including government and the business sector, to control costs and make a Public funded education affordable for all qualified students.

in Michigan we vote for the regents of all the various state universities and they receive tax money......what is this distinction between higher education and "government?......

Same with cars

I priced the new version of what I currently drive. To me, it's not worth the price. However, as long as enough people continue to buy them at that price, the dealer will continue to sell them for that price.

Same with college.

No. Many of us are saying that this idea isn't much different than programs that already exist. Teachers can have all/most of their loan forgiven if they teach for 5 years in certain low income regions. Doctors can do the same by practicing in certain regions that are desperate for doctors.

Ok. What percentage of students who make up the trillion dollars in outstanding student debt are doctors or teachers?

Right! Which is nothing. But you expect us to speak favorably about a program we know very little about.

I brought it up for discussion. Not a difficult concept. You and Mott didn't even read the articles yet are botching about it. You're off talking about banks for god sake. Read what the company is doing.

You might as well beat your head up against a wall than think Wacko would believe that government is the cause of all problems and those wonderful self sacrificing businessmen who only care about bettering all of society have the solution to all our problems.

That certainly was an asinine thing to say. Our Universities and their administrators are the primary cause of the run away cost of education and have aggressively fought all efforts by the public, including government and the business sector, to control costs and make a Public funded education affordable for all qualified students.

What efforts has gov't made to control college costs that have been rejected?

Flawed collectivist thinking. Businessmen don't have to care about you. But by caring about profit they are forced to come up with things that improve your life so you voluntarily part with your property

Funny how you seem to ascribe these noble attributes to politicians as if they really care about you

How about share why you believe that to be wrong
That's not the way the game works. You make a claim, and you ask others to debate a negative? Your OP title claims you've found a new way to fund college tuition. You don't know what the interest rate is, and you don't know anything about the terms.

Typically, when the govt. subsidizes something, it's to keep prices lower, not higher.

Ok. What percentage of students who make up the trillion dollars in outstanding student debt are doctors or teachers?
OK. What percentage of art majors actually earn a living in that field? Maybe they should have borrowed the same amount of money they wasted on a 4 year vacation, and opened a studio?

That's not the way the game works. You make a claim, and you ask others to debate a negative? Your OP title claims you've found a new way to fund college tuition. You don't know what the interest rate is, and you don't know anything about the terms.

Typically, when the govt. subsidizes something, it's to keep prices lower, not higher.

Here's a novel idea, read the article before starting to talk sh*t, and asking questions the article addresses.

OK. What percentage of art majors actually earn a living in that field? Maybe they should have borrowed the same amount of money they wasted on a 4 year vacation, and opened a studio?

Their choice right?

There is a huge student debt bubble in this country. I'm not sure if you think it doesn't exist or don't care that it does. And you seem to think there is no way to address it.

Here's a novel idea, read the article before starting to talk sh*t, and asking questions the article addresses.
I read your first piece,and it had no specifics. You refused to answer those questions more than once, so I assume there's no information in the second post?

Flawed collectivist thinking. Businessmen don't have to care about you. But by caring about profit they are forced to come up with things that improve your life so you voluntarily part with your property

Funny how you seem to ascribe these noble attributes to politicians as if they really care about you

This is spot on. Rune you need to read and understand this as well as you question why student loans are ripe for disruption.

Their choice right?

There is a huge student debt bubble in this country. I'm not sure if you think it doesn't exist or don't care that it does. And you seem to think there is no way to address it.
The discussion started about becoming a slave to a hedge fund, as opposed to a bank. It shouldn't take that long to debate both sides of the issue.

Back