No doubt Biden got shelled last night

Democrats show the character to face up to it. Republicans have a mortal danger to the country on their hands and never take an honest peek at it, convincing themselves instead that its red, white and blue.
I am more cynical but to me it has nothing to do with character it has to do with political reality. Both parties exist to win elections. If Democrats determine that Biden has become such a liability that he cannot win it's possible they make a change.

"people in the party"

huh? what people? a few fat cats that claim power, or citizens of the states?
polls have shown for quite awhile that people don't want either of these candidates but within the Democratic Party polls have shown many don't want Biden. If they replace him it's not like they are going against the will of the people (if I'm understanding your position correctly).

polls have shown for quite awhile that people don't want either of these candidates but within the Democratic Party polls have shown many don't want Biden. If they replace him it's not like they are going against the will of the people (if I'm understanding your position correctly).
We are not a cult unlike the Republican Party

I am more cynical but to me it has nothing to do with character it has to do with political reality. Both parties exist to win elections. If Democrats determine that Biden has become such a liability that he cannot win it's possible they make a change.
Which Democrats get to decide?

We go by democracy

Unlike the cult of Republicans

we are going to protect the threat of democracy by

1) refusing to have an actual primary process for Joe to compete in

2) lie about his decline - and claim cheap fakes when people point out the obvious

3) let a bunch of powerful people decide in private who you get to vote for this fall

Primaries aren't necessary to democracy. Powerful people have selected candidates in private many times in presidential elections.

One threat to democracy are the "derp derps" who don't know much of anything about it or of the history of their country.

There is no Repun Party. It is Trump's party and he calls the shots. Don't be shocked if he renames it the Trumpican party
It very well may become a part of the final absorbing of any independence it ever contained

Many people rename a pet when they fully own it

It has a great deal to do with character. Its evident for example in the commentary today on MSNBC.

Primaries aren't necessary to democracy. Powerful people have selected candidates in private many times in presidential elections.

One threat to democracy are the "derp derps" who don't know much of anything about it or of the history of their country.
Not to derail things but if I may ask a question, your opinion, based on your last sentence. We've had people argue voting should be mandatory. What are your thoughts on that based on your last sentence?

The reality is not everyone follows politics. And not everyone here grew up in America and studied American history (they can be American citizens today and eligible to vote but that doesn't mean they are knowledgeable about our history.)

I don't know if a mandatory voting bill would ever pass but it has been brought up. What are your thoughts?

millions already voted.

you seem to not see the forest through the trees. the elections for Biden happened. he is the choice

and there we have it - the libtard version of saving democracy -

It has a great deal to do with character. Its evident for example in the commentary today on MSNBC.
I don't watch the 24/7 news channels but character isn't really a word I would associate with them. They exist to provide entertainment to their viewers to gain the highest ratings possible (their product is political red meat). While I think they are bad for the country on the whole it is their right to exist.

The Democrats goal is to maintain the White House. They're going to do what they think they must (as would the Republicans). I don't see that as character I just see that as what the parties do. (clearly you have other Democrats here and elsewhere still supporting Biden and I don't think they would say the party is showing character by talking about removing him)

millions already voted.

you seem to not see the forest through the trees. the elections for Biden happened. he is the choice
If anything is going to happen it will be Biden dropping out. IF that happens I suppose it can be debated, depending on how it happens, if he was forced out. But primaries with a sitting President are generally a sham. People didn't have a real choice to vote against him. But if polling and enough pressure from the base cause him to drop out then...

The anybody but Trump is what got Biden elected, so Democrats are not easily going to drop that strategy, especially when cynicism is the popular view of nearly anything today

Policies, programs, ideas, etc., aren’t sellable today, even if successful, infotainment has made melodrama the motivator, Americans wants good guys and bad guys, not about what you have to offer, it is how you portray the other guy. That was one of Biden’s problems last night, he was prepared to sell policy, and with Trump’s aggressive personal attacks, he was incapable of pivoting
that goes a long way toward explaining the failure of lib'rul politics......

Back