Obama's America

Police: Boys, 11 and 7, try to rob Portland woman at gunpoint

PORTLAND, Ore. – Police said two boys, ages 11 and 7, tried to rob and carjack a woman at gunpoint in Southeast Portland Saturday afternoon.

"I didn't think it was real," said Amy Garrett. "They were just two really young kids."

The 11-year-old boy had a loaded handgun, police said.

Earlier Saturday, someone called police to report that an 11-year-old boy spotted another 11-year-old boy with a loaded handgun near Southeast 160th and Alder Street just after 12 p.m., according to Sgt. Pete Simpson.

When police arrived, they spotted two boys who tried to run away when officers talked to them.
Officers stopped them near the Freedom Foursquare Church. They told the 11-year-old boy to keep his hands out of his pockets, but he refused, Simpson said. An officer grabbed his arms and found a cocked and loaded handgun in his pocket.

Police were later flagged down by Garrett, 22, who told them the two boys tried to rob her and steal her truck. Garrett said she was sitting in her truck and waiting for her parents outside the church when the boys approached her and threatened to shoot her if she didn't give them her truck.
"He was showing me his gun and I asked him if it was real," said Garrett. "He said 'you don't ever ask somebody if it's real. That's how you get yourself shot.'"

Garrett said the 7-year-old told the 11-year-old to “show her your piece.” The 11-year-old then lifted his shirt and showed Garrett the gun. "He said it was fully-loaded and cocked and ready to go. He told me he was going to blow my brains out if I didn't give him anything." When Garrett refused to give the boys her truck, they demanded her wallet and phone and said they would shoot her if she didn’t give them anything.

"My heart was beating a million miles a minute. I'm surprised it didn't completely beat our of my chest. I was very scared," Garrett said. Garrett drove away and called 9-1-1. As she pulled away, Garrett said she saw the 11-year-old pull the gun from his pocket.

The 11-year-old lives nearby with his family, Garrett said. He returned to the scene while KATU was interviewing Garrett, but left and did not come back when we asked to speak with his parents.
Garrett, and neighbors who spoke to KATU News said the neighborhood has seen plenty of crime in the past.

"People don't want to come because of all the criminal activity," said Robert Schultz, who attends the church. "It's really disturbing to have these kind of things go on on holy ground."

Simpson said due the boys’ ages, they cannot be taken to the Donald E. Long Juvenile Detention Home. They were both left with their parents. The boys would be taken to the juvenile detention center and face Measure 11 crimes if they were 15, Simpson said.

It’s unclear where the 11-year-old boy got the handgun. Robbery detectives are investigating the case.
"Eventually, I want them to be able to come to the church and have some faith," said Garrett. "I want them to have a brighter future because they're not going anywhere bright right now. They're just going down a really bad path."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Poli...rob-Portland-woman-at-gunpoint-182742211.html

What does any of this have to do with Obama?

Oh, he's black, and you're a racist inbred dunce.

I get it. Say no more..

Keep this in mind, Racist X, he achieves more in a single hour then you do your entire life. And he had provided a better life for his kids then you could hope for in ten generations of your trailer trash klan.

:rofl2:

How is it racist to report news???

[h=1]Dispute over cigarette led to Beaver Falls fatal shooting[/h]

A dispute over a cigarette was apparently the reason a Beaver Falls woman was shot to death outside her home Saturday afternoon.

Three teenage boys from Beaver Falls have been charged in the death of Kayla Peterson, 22, of 516 13th St. They are: Marcus Velasquez, also known as Marcus Cleckley, 14, of 2409 Seventh Ave.; Todavia Cleckley, 14, of 70 Harmony Dwellings; and Kyle Goosby Jr., 13, of 109 11th St.

article-2246032-1673416E000005DC-583_306x423.jpg
article-2246032-1673414E000005DC-127_306x423.jpg

On the run: Todavia Cleckley, left, and Marcus Velasquez, right, brandish guns and signs on their Facebook pages. They have both been charged in the murder of a 22-year-old woman on Saturday
William Bailey, 28, said just after 3 p.m. he had walked to J’s News on Seventh Avenue to buy cigarettes, and as he left the store a group of three boys began to follow him and ask for a cigarette. Bailey said he ignored the boys, and they followed him the entire way to Peterson’s house. “I didn’t look at them. I didn’t acknowledge them,” Bailey said. He said the boys yelled at him, used foul language and got progressively louder.

When Bailey arrived at the house, he said Peterson, who was his fiancé, came out and said to the group of boys, “Why don’t you guys get a job.” He said she also told them to quit running the streets. That’s when one of the teens pulled out a gun, Bailey said. He said when Goosby saw the gun he ran. “He didn’t want any part of that,” Bailey said. He said the shooter, who police have identified as Velasquez, looked at Cleckley, turned and fired the gun. Bailey said he was looking around to see where the bullet hit when he heard Peterson say, “Ouch. I can’t feel my legs. I want to lay down.” “It didn’t look that bad. There wasn’t a lot of blood,” Bailey said of Peterson’s wound.

According to a police report, a juvenile witness told officers he saw Velasquez pull a gun from the waistband of his pants, fire in the direction of Peterson, and then run down the alley.

Police said Peterson was flown to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, where she died about two hours later.

Bailey said one of thing that is really upsetting to him is that he knows the families of the boys. He said he didn’t know who they were at the time of the shooting. He said he’s gotten calls of condolences and apologies from the families of the boys.

Beaver Falls Police Chief Charles Jones said Goosby is in custody, and police are actively searching for Velasquez and Cleckley. Beaver County District Attorney Anthony Berosh said they will be tried as adults. "It's disheartening juveniles this age were involved in an incident like this, and have guns," Jones said.

Velasquez is charged with homicide, aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and criminal conspiracy. Goosby and Cleckley were each charged with criminal conspiracy to commit homicide.

The police chief noted the teens were "no strangers to us. We've dealt with them before," but he would not specify their criminal history. Jones said he is unaware of any previous contact between the boys and Peterson.

http://www.timesonline.com/news/pol...cle_255745c3-cafc-56d0-9818-25af11c71519.html

College student's murder yields $10

Daniel Edward Henry (clockwise from top left), Quintel Grady, Jasmine Dottin and Christopher Cromartie Jr.

Four people were arrested late Sunday and early Monday morning in the downtown shooting death Thursday night of a Cape Fear Community College student robbed of a sandwich, cellphone and two $5 bills.

Christopher Daniel Cromartie Jr., 23, Quintel Raheem Grady, 22, Jasmine Nikole Dottin, 19, and Daniel Edward Henry, 17, are each charged with felony first-degree murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon. Cromartie, Henry and Dottin are each additionally charged with attempted burglary.

Though Cromartie called himself the manager of the Wilmington Coastal Boxing gym on Anderson Street, the president of the non-profit club for at-risk youth said Tuesday that wasn't true.

During their first appearances in court Monday, District Attorney Ben David said that on the night of the killing, Cromartie, Henry and Dottin attempted to break into a home on South Churchill Road but ran off after alerting the home owners.

With that plan thwarted, the trio met up with Grady. “The four of them hatched a plot to go downtown to find a victim or victims to rob. (Cromartie), together with Daniel Henry and QuintelGrady, got out of a car being operated by Jasmine Dottin and stalked and followed a woman in the downtown area.

She understood she was being stalked, went into her gated yard and began to call 911, but did not. They left her. This was about 20 minutes before Joshua Proutey was shot and killed,” David said.
“They then find Mr. Proutey.... It's alleged at that time Mr. Quintel Grady approached him demanding his wallet and anything of value. Mr. Proutey produced what was in his wallet, which was $10, and asked if he could keep his ID because it would be hard to replace. At that point he was ordered back into his car and he froze. And it's alleged that Mr. Grady shot him in the head and killed him.”

The group then fled, taking Proutey's cash, cellphone and sandwich.

WO0039604-1_20121216.jpg

As passers-by found Proutey's lifeless body in the parking lot next to the Hannah Block Community Arts Center at Second and Orange streets – his car keys still clutched in his hand and the ice in his fountain soda still frozen – a Market Street gas station surveillance camera captured Dottin, Cromartie, Henry and Grady pulling in.

Wilmington Police Department Chief Ralph Evangelous said they put Proutey's $10 in the tank of their car.

Because first-degree murder is punishable by death, Judge Rebecca Blackmore granted David's request to hold Cromartie, Grady and Dottin without bail. Henry's youth prevents the state from seeking death against him, and Blackmore set his bond at $2 million.

“This was completely random. There is no piece that you can connect Joshua to these people with. He didn't hang out downtown, he didn't have any seedy friends,” said his grief-stricken mother Patricia Proutey. “He was everybody's kid. This could have been anybody's kid.”

http://www.starnewsonline.com/artic...7?Title=Update-Four-charged-in-Proutey-murder

'It was the biggest degradation I've ever experienced': Woman's horror as she is attacked by man wielding sock filled with human FECES

A young woman riding the train in Chicago was viciously attacked by a man brandishing a sock filled with human feces.

The 21-year-old Chicago resident, who declined to be named, said she was attacked by a man on the Chicago Transit Authority’s Blue Line.

She said that the man swung the footwear at her face, and that the human excrement got everywhere – ‘on my face, my hair, my clothes,’ she said.

article-0-1696DDDA000005DC-739_634x356.jpg
Suspect: Police say this man is their 'person of interest' in the feces attack

The victim told the Pioneer Local blog of her horrific attack, saying that she and another witness tried to follow the assailant.

However, he managed to slip away.

The young woman told the blog that she came to the Midwestern city several weeks ago to fill an in-home childcare position, and was riding east into the city from the suburban Oak Park.

She said that the day of the attack, she boarded the train, sat down, and began texting a friend. Her assailant got on the train at the same stop.

It was at the next stop – Austin – where the man allegedly took the feces-filled sock and began attacking the woman. ‘He had a sock full of his poop on me,’ the woman told the Pioneer Local.
Oak Park Police said that they have CCTV footage of the man they believe to be the attacker.

The man was described by the victim to be a black man in his mid-20s, wearing a hoodie and a baseball hat.

The woman said: ‘It was like the biggest degradation I’ve ever (experienced),’ and said it was made worse because she had nothing which with to clean herself.

'I wish he had just hit me,' she said of the cruel nature of the attack.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ked-man-wielding-sock-filled-human-FECES.html

[h=1]A few electronics, credit card taken after Homewood mother fatally beaten, 2 children strangled[/h]

Araceli Juarez-Montero was beaten to death last week and her two sons, ages 4 and 5, were strangled in a robbery attempt, according to court documents obtained today by AL.com/The Birmingham News.

In the end, the suspect, Ana Patricia Dominguez, made off with a Wii, an iPad, an iPhone and a credit card, the records showed.

Dominguez, a 29-year-old illegal immigrant
, will have her first court appearance at 10 a.m. Friday, almost exactly one week after the three bodies were discovered in an Aspen Circle apartment.

Affidavits filed in the case by Homewood police state Juarez-Montero, 30, was beaten "with an unknown blunt instrument" and her two sons, Hugo Adial Juarez, 4, and Uziel David Juarez, 5, were strangled with a ligature.

Police did not release the cause of death or what was taken in the robbery at a Tuesday afternoon press conference announcing charges had been filed against Dominguez.

Dominguez is charged with four counts of capital murder: one count of murder during the commission of a robbery, two counts of killing a child under the age of 12 and one count of causing the death of two or more people. She is being held wthout bond at the Jefferson County Jail.

"Even seasoned police officers were shocked by this," Homewood police chief Jim Roberson said Tuesday. "All three victims were innocent and I think that's the part that disturbs me."

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/12/a_few_electronics_credit_card.html#incart_river_default

Sacramento police officer arrested for rape of elderly woman

A 22-year veteran of the Sacramento Police Department was arrested Thursday for the rape of an elderly woman. Officer Gary Dale Baker, 49, was arrested on suspicion of a slew of sexual assault charges stemming from incidents that allegedly occurred over a more than two-year period.

d43079176d8243d3917a5a56261774ae_s.jpg

The 78-year-old woman had suffered a stroke, which affected her speech and was diagnosed with Aphasia, however she lived independently, according to the warrant affadavit for Baker's arrest.

Baker was charged with rape, two counts of forcible oral copulation, attempt to commit oral copulation, assault with intent to commit rape and sexual battery. His bail is set at $1 million and he's scheduled to appear in court Christmas Eve for an arraignment.

The first incident occurred more than two years ago – on Nov. 25, 2010 – and the woman told police the suspect was possibly a law enforcement officer or security guard. Baker also may have been driving a patrol car the first time he allegedly met the victim in her driveway, the same day. Unfortunately, the investigation was complicated due to the woman's pre-existing condition, police stated in a news release.

Baker allegedly forced himself inside her apartment (at 24th Street and South Manor Drive) when she answered her door, raped her and forced the woman to orally copulate him. He was described as a black male adult, between 35 and 40, 5'6" to 5'9", with a medium build and black hair.

DNA evidence was collected, but a match wasn't found, and a criminal investigation was launched. Video surveillance obtained this week by the woman's family, along with DNA evidence, ultimately led to Baker's arrest. But it took more than two years after the initial incident occurred – and three more sexual assault incidents – for the police to arrest Baker for the crimes.

http://www.sacramentopress.com/head...ce_officer_arrested_for_rape_of_elderly_woman

Woman raped during 5-hour ordeal in her car; 3 arrested

jones_rawlings_matthews-xmas-rape_244x183.jpg

A YOUNG woman's Christmas - and her life - was shattered Tuesday when she was kidnapped, raped, robbed and beaten in her own car by three teenagers over five hours, according to police.

"You'll get sick in the stomach," said Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood, before reciting the facts of the case.

About 11:40 p.m. Christmas night, the 22-year-old victim was in her Jeep Cherokee in the parking lot of George's Water Ice, at Grace and Marshall roads, waiting for her boyfriend to come out of a nearby bar, when three men - one of whom had a gun - forced their way into her vehicle, Chitwood said.

They made the woman move to the back seat and drove her around Philadelphia for hours, police said. One by one, the men took turns in the back seat forcing the victim to perform sex acts, even after she repeatedly vomited on them, according to court documents.

The men also hit her and robbed her of her Coach purse, a wallet, a car stereo, a cellphone, a camera, a GPS, a ruby ring, a diamond necklace, a bracelet and her insurance and registration paperwork, according to police.

After going through her belongings, the men realized that the woman had a 2-year-old daughter, and they threatened her life and the child's life if she said anything to authorities. They then parked the car at Long Lane near Marshall Road, told the woman they would throw the keys under the car and fled on foot, Chitwood said.

After waiting several minutes, the woman got out of the car, grabbed her keys from underneath and drove to her boyfriend's house. Together, they went to the police station around 5:30 a.m., Chitwood said.

Shortly thereafter, two cops who were aware of the rape victim's ordeal responded to a call from a woman who said there was a disturbance at her house on Radbourne Road, Chitwood said.

At the house, police found four teens, two of whom were the resident's sons and one of whom, Kevin Jones, said he was a friend of the sons and stayed at the house so he could attend Upper Darby High School, police said. The fourth teen, Kewon Matthews, said he was a friend of Jones', according to police.

Inside the house, the cops saw a Coach handbag that matched the one stolen from the rape victim, Chitwood said. After confirming with the woman resident that the bag was not hers, police opened it and found the victim's stolen items inside. The victim was brought to the house, where she identified Matthews and Jones, both 17, as two of her attackers, Chitwood said.

After the arrest of Matthews and Jones, police were able to identify the third suspect as Brehon Rawlings, 19, of Yeadon, Chitwood said. Rawlings was found hiding in the bathtub of his home about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, police said.

All three men were charged as adults with kidnapping, rape, robbery and related offenses and were being held on $500,000 bail each.

"These guys are truly, truly animals," Chitwood said. "This is the kind of crime that shocks the public consciousness."

http://articles.philly.com/2012-12-28/news/36038472_1_chitwood-police-station-car-stereo

Man Arrested For Setting Homeless Woman On Fire While She Slept

LOS ANGELES -- Police say the attack defies explanation: A man poured flammable liquid on a 67-year-old homeless woman as she slept on a bus bench in the San Fernando Valley, then lit a match and set her on fire.

images

A witness called 911, and police arrested 24-year-old Dennis Petillo a short time after the Thursday morning attack. He was booked for investigation of attempted murder and was held on $500,000 bail. It wasn't immediately known if he had retained an attorney.

The assailant "just poured it all over the old lady," the witness, Erickson Ipina, told reporters. "Then he threw the match on her and started running."

Police released no details on Petillo. The victim's name also was withheld.

LAPD Deputy Chief Kirk Albanese told the Los Angeles Times it was unclear whether attacker spoke to the woman before allegedly setting her ablaze.

"There was no incident or dispute or clear motivation for this horrific attack. He did not know his victim. It defies explanation," Albanese said. "He is not of sound mind. ... The motive is mental illness."

The woman was taken to a hospital, where she was listed in critical condition.

The attack shocked nearby residents, and later Thursday about a dozen people held vigil around the charred bench, urging motorists to honk their horns in support of homeless rights. One sign placed on the bench read, "Our Prayers to Violet," believed to be the victim's first name.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/dennis-petillo-arrested-homeless-woman-fire_n_2376505.html

[h=1]Woman tries to buy iPads with EBT card[/h]
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- A Louisville woman is facing charges after police said she tried to buy iPads with her food stamp card, and when it didn't work she ran from the store.

browning+tracy+mugshot.jpg

According to a police report, Tracy Browning went to the Valley Station Walmart and tried to purchase two iPads with her EBT card. When the card was declined, Browning ran from the store with the items and assaulted a store clerk on her way out.

Browning was arrested a short time later at the Walmart on the Greenbelt Highway, where police said she was trying to buy more iPad's with her card.

http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetracker/Louisville-woman-arrested-for--183086301.html

:rofl2:

Detroit Mother Charged in Stabbing Death of Daughter, 8

A 26-year-old woman was charged Wednesday with felony murder in the stabbing death of her daughter at their Detroit home just days before the girl's ninth birthday.

The mother, Semeria Greene, was also charged with one count of first-degree child abuse. Greene's four young sons have been turned over to Child Protective Services, police spokeswoman Sgt. Eren Stephens said.

Neighbors called police to the Greene family's apartment just east of downtown in the early hours of Sunday morning. Officers arrived to discover Tameria Greene bleeding and unresponsive on the floor. She had been stabbed in the chest with a knife and was pronounced dead on arrival at a hospital. Semeria Greene was taken into custody.

Tameria_Greene_20130102142903_320_240.JPG

"This is only the second day of the year and we are charging a parent with a child homicide," said Kym Worthy, county prosecutor. "This case is made even more profoundly sad because today would have been Tameria's ninth birthday."

State child welfare workers have known of problems with the family for at least two years and have unsuccessfully tried to take Semeria Greene's children into protective custody, said Michigan Department of Human Services Director Maura Corrigan. She said an expedited internal review after the death showed that case workers have been trying to protect the children and act on concerns raised by family, friends and neighbors.

"Most recently, DHS petitioned the court Nov. 28, unsuccessfully, to remove Tameria and her siblings from her mother's home," Corrigan said in a statement. She said the department "continued to provide court-ordered counseling services to the family as well as conducting in-home visits, the last of which occurred only two days before Tameria's death."

"We share the grief felt by her loved ones and her community," Corrigan said.

Corrigan's statement didn't include details of the removal requests and the hearings, and spokesman David Akerly said the department would not go beyond what was in the statement.

Tameria's 7-, 4-, 2- and 1-year-old brothers now are in foster care.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mother-charged-stabbing-death-daughter-18114307#.UOW75XfIyvM

Hmmm, all this violence.

OP seems to have narrowed down the source. I'll just say "bad neighborhoods"

Now, what would you do to fix it? Most would say better education. I'm new to these forums but if I had to guess I would say you belong to the party that cuts education funding..

Hmmm, all this violence.

OP seems to have narrowed down the source. I'll just say "bad neighborhoods"

Now, what would you do to fix it? Most would say better education. I'm new to these forums but if I had to guess I would say you belong to the party that cuts education funding..

He is the party that received very little education.

A St. Louis teenager has pleaded guilty to second-degree assault in a "knockout game" attack in November 2011.

Kwame Thomas, 18, of the 2800 block of Osceola Street, admitted to assaulting a 54-year-old man near Osceola and Nebraska Avenue.

50ed8f8b74bb3.preview-300.jpg

Thomas pleaded guilty in St. Louis Circuit Court on Monday, and is scheduled to be sentenced on March 22.

The victim told police that he was approached by a group of people just after 7 p.m. on Nov. 20, 2011. One asked for a cigarette, but the man said he did not have one. He was then struck in the eye and fell to the ground, where others in the group began hitting him in the head and body while yelling "knockout game."

When Officer Jason Flanery interviewed Thomas, he admitted being one of those who punched the man while he was on the ground, according to court documents.

The "knockout game" is what some perpetrators call unprovoked attacks on innocent people, where the violence itself is the motive.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_e7729a9d-89c3-591f-bd38-a8a7577ef955.html

Officials identify twin sisters killed in street while brawling

Los Angeles County coroner’s officials have identified the twin sisters who were fatally struck Sunday by a vehicle as they brawled in the middle of the street.

8954526_448x252.jpg

Tamaya Janee Davis (L) and Tanisha Rene Davis (R) (KABC Photo)

Tanisha and Tamaya Davis, both 31, apparently had been fighting with each other about 3 a.m. Sunday when their altercation moved into the roadway in the 4200 block of Leimert Boulevard near Leimert Park, Los Angeles police spokeswoman Norma Eisenman said.

Witnesses said a vehicle struck the women as they tussled, killing both of them. Coroner’s investigator Kelsie Weber called the incident a hit-and-run, and Eisenman said the Police Department would release more information about the deaths Monday. Police are asking any witnesses to call with information.

Eisenman said the women lived in the area, and Weber confirmed that they resided in the city of Los Angeles.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/twin-sisters-killed-fight-car.html

Back