On being a blank slate and "free will"

What's 'behind the eyes'. What's behind the eyes of the 'Blank Slate'. A Human Being with a lot of DNA.

It's not "science" that there's no free will, that's your idiotic totalitarian po-mo idiocy speaking.

Are you able to believe, using your free will, that 2+2=5?

Going one step further, are you able to think your thoughts before you think them because, as I mentioned earlier, your thoughts determine every conscious action take. So, logically, in order to have free will, you'd have to be able to think your thoughts before they enter consciousness and generate an action.

Are you able to believe, using your free will, that 2+2=5?

Going one step further, are you able to think your thoughts before you think them because, as I mentioned earlier, your thoughts determine every conscious action take. So, logically, in order to have free will, you'd have to be able to think your thoughts before they enter consciousness and generate an action.

I dont think your conclusions follow from your assertions.

It's just a lame morass of desperate totalitarian posturing.

What's 'behind the eyes'. What's behind the eyes of the 'Blank Slate'. A Human Being with a lot of DNA.

There is physically a human, but what is it that you call "I" or self? Where is the self in the body? The self is what we imagine sits outside our stream of thought, somewhere behind out eyes, makes decisions and gives us free will.

In reality, there is no "I" found in the brain. The "I" we believe exists is just what it feels like to experience our individual flow of thoughts in consciousness, but we aren't standing on the river bank watching our thoughts go by, we are the stream of thought. In other words, there is no thinker of thoughts; there are only thoughts. Thoughts just arise in consciousness. We can't stop them and we don't know what we are going to think before we think it because there is no self sitting on the outside of the stream.

It isn't DNA that makes trump an animal. It was the Nazi animal that imprinted him for most of his life.

There is physically a human, but what is it that you call "I" or self? Where is the self in the body? The self is what we imagine sits outside our stream of thought, somewhere behind out eyes, makes decisions and gives us free will.

In reality, there is no "I" found in the brain. The "I" we believe exists is just what it feels like to experience our individual flow of thoughts in consciousness, but we aren't standing on the river bank watching our thoughts go by, we are the stream of thought. In other words, there is no thinker of thoughts; there are only thoughts. Thoughts just arise in consciousness. We can't stop them and we don't know what we are going to think before we think it because there is no self sitting on the outside of the stream.

Hmmm ... ok. That is an interesting assertion. I think most of us accept the brain as the 'I'.
I've heard Scientologists think 'aliens' have come to Earth and have inhabited 'human animals' as their host.
So, is that your assertion? That humans have a 'Soul' or there is more than their physical body?

The anti free will people just want everyone trapped in their lower, anxious and addictive and otherwise maladaptive patterns.

Back