Poll: Conservatives still largest ideological group

that is old testament stuff not new testament Christian stuff.
The old testament also ok's slavery and such.

New Testament:

A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up. (Mark 10:32-45)

A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace. (Romans 12:9-21)

*shrug*

that is old testament stuff not new testament Christian stuff.
The old testament also ok's slavery and such.
Before he ascended, according to scriptures, Christ told his disciples to buy a sword, and if they did not have one to sell their coat in order to purchase one. He was telling them he was sending them out, and that they needed to defend themselves when necessary. This informs us that Christ was not a strict pacifist in all things.

Before he ascended, according to scriptures, Christ told his disciples to buy a sword, and if they did not have one to sell their coat in order to purchase one. He was telling them he was sending them out, and that they needed to defend themselves when necessary. This informs us that Christ was not a strict pacifist in all things.

... and God sent his armies into the villages to murder everything in sight, including men, goats, sheep, chickens, children, and women known to men .. BUT, they could keep the women unknown to men (virgins) for themselves.

What a neat way to inspire an army.

Surely God's dick gets hard.

The God of Islam gives his followers virgins when their dead, but the christian God of the bible gave his armies the pussy up front.

... and God sent his armies into the villages to murder everything in sight, including men, goats, sheep, chickens, children, and women known to men .. BUT, they could keep the women unknown to men (virgins) for themselves.

What a neat way to inspire an army.
Citation please. :pke:

Some Republicans rethinking Reagan legacy

they keep looking for Reagan, funny
even funnier is the best they come up with is Newt.

Not so fast. The Nation ran this article on rethinking the Republican Messiah.

By John Harwood - New York Times News Service

For a liberal Democrat, President Barack Obama has offered generous praise for the most celebrated of his recent Republican predecessors.

Obama has credited Ronald Reagan with having "changed the trajectory of America" in ways Bill Clinton didn't. "President Reagan helped as much as any president to restore a sense of optimism in our country, a spirit that transcended politics," Obama said earlier this month while signing the Ronald Reagan Centennial Commission Act in the presence of Nancy Reagan.

It's not surprising that Obama has embraced Reagan's achievement, since it seems akin to his own aspirations and might also ingratiate him with conservatives. What is surprising is the increasingly ambiguous position Reagan holds on the right.

Some Republicans have begun reassessing whether Reagan today affords the best example as they seek a path back to power. The economic crisis, which Obama last fall declared a "final verdict" on the anti-government philosophy that George W. Bush and Reagan shared, has made Reaganism less politically marketable than at any time in a generation.

"I don't use him publicly as a reference point," said Gov. Mitch Daniels of Indiana, a Republican who lately has emerged as a potential national party leader. Daniels instead has urged fellow Republicans to "let go" of Reagan as a contemporary symbol.

As Reagan's White House political director, Daniels brings credibility to the discussion. A year ago, when he first proposed that Republicans turn the page, he drew sharp criticism from Rush Limbaugh, among others. Now, Daniels observes, "I think it's spreading."

That's not to say Republicans disavow Reagan's achievements, which include cutting tax rates, presiding over the successful conclusion of the Cold War and, as Obama noted, boosting morale after a period of national self-doubt. Indeed a recent video made by a conservative group includes Newt Gingrich invoking Reagan in the terms of old: "His rendezvous with destiny is a reminder that we all have a similar rendezvous," Gingrich said, reflecting the admiration for Reagan that is still in force among the party's conservative base.

Daniels, too, hails his former boss for "timeless" principles like suspicion of big government and appreciation of the importance of individual freedom and opportunity. As he tackles issues in Indiana — education policy lately is a hot topic — he says he asks himself whether Reagan would approve.

But "Reagan always faced forward," the governor said. "If he were around, he'd tell Republicans to do that now. He'd be the last to want the focus on him."

What's needed instead, said Reihan Salam, co-author of Grand New Party: How Republicans Can Win the Working Class and Save the American Dream, is "something new — the anti-Obama, anti-Reagan." Salam (whose co-author is Ross Douthat, an Op-Ed columnist for The New York Times) was born in 1979 — a year before Reagan was elected to his first term. Salam said he favored a new prototype of Republican leadership that projected humility rather than grandeur, understated competence rather than soaring rhetoric and vision.

Some Republican critics also now point to shortcomings in Reagan's governing style. "The most dangerous legacy Reagan bequeathed his party was his legacy of cheerful indifference to detail," the conservative thinker David Frum wrote in his recent book, Comeback: Conservatism That Can Win Again. "The next Republican president needs to master details, understand his options and make his decisions with care."

Meanwhile, Democrats embrace the possibility that it is Obama who may duplicate Reagan's political triumphs: restoring luster to the presidency after an unpopular predecessor and also fundamentally shifting the direction of American politics.

"They came at the end of a period of one-party hegemony," David Axelrod, Obama's chief political adviser, said of his boss and of Reagan. "Both of them were major candidates of change."

So long as one substitutes for "Ideological group:" greedy, self centered, cheap labor, social darwinist, corporate tools, and makes it clear ideology is limited and excludes the good sensible people of America who are more free, tolerant, and empathetic, I have no trouble that this would be a majority.

As opposed to lazy, unable to think for themselves, and slave to society. Your problem is that you don't believe in individual liberty. We usually speak of American values here, though, so parroting the virtues of fascism is a bit irrelevant.

As opposed to lazy, unable to think for themselves, and slave to society. Your problem is that you don't believe in individual liberty. We usually speak of American values here, though, so parroting the virtues of fascism is a bit irrelevant.

A nationalist anti-humanist has no right to call anyone else a fascist. That's what defined fascism. For some stupid reason, conservative think altruism = fascism. Probably because they're fascists. Your problem is that you hate the human race. Get off of my planet.

A nationalist anti-humanist has no right to call anyone else a fascist. That's what defined fascism. For some stupid reason, conservative think altruism = fascism. Probably because they're fascists. Your problem is that you hate the human race. Get off of my planet.

The new fascism is internationalist in nature.

Numbers 31:17–18
17 “Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately.
18 “But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves.

Hell, not only did the christian God of the bible have his armies slaughter people he didn't like and give the virgin pussy to his armies, he also told them how to divide the rest of the booty .. after taking a portion for himself ..

Division of the Booty

25 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,

26 “You and Eleazar the priest and the heads of the fathers’ households of the congregation take a count of the booty 1that was captured, both of man and of animal;

27 and adivide the booty between the warriors who went out to battle and all the congregation.

28 “Levy a tax for the Lord from the men of war who went out to battle, one 1in five hundred of the persons and of the cattle and of the donkeys and of the sheep;

29 take it from their half and give it to Eleazar the priest, as an offering to the Lord.

30 “From the sons of Israel’s half, you shall take one drawn out of every fifty of the persons, of the cattle, of the donkeys and of the sheep, from all the animals, and give them to the Levites who akeep charge of the tabernacle of the Lord.”

31 Moses and Eleazar the priest did just as the Lord had commanded Moses.

32 Now the booty that remained from the spoil which the men of war had plundered was 675,000 sheep,

33 and 72,000 cattle,

34 and 61,000 donkeys,

35 and of human beings, of the women who had not known man intimately, all the persons were 32,000.

36 The half, the portion of those who went out to war, was as follows: the number of sheep was 337,500,

37 and the Lord’s levy of the sheep was 675;

38 and the cattle were 36,000, from which the Lord’s levy was 72;

39 and the donkeys were 30,500, from which the Lord’s levy was 61;

40 and the human beings were 16,000, from whom the Lord’s levy was 32 persons.

41 Moses gave the levy which was the Lord’s offering to Eleazar the priest, just aas the Lord had commanded Moses.

42 As for the sons of Israel’s half, which Moses separated from the men who had gone to war—

43 now the congregation’s half was 337,500 sheep,

44 and 36,000 cattle,

45 and 30,500 donkeys,

46 and the human beings were 16,000—

47 and from the sons of Israel’s half, Moses took one drawn out of every fifty, both of man and of animals, and gave them to the Levites, who kept charge of the tabernacle of the Lord, just as the Lord had commanded Moses.

48 Then the officers who were over the thousands of the army, the captains of thousands and the captains of hundreds, approached Moses,

49 and they said to Moses, “Your servants have taken a census of men of war who are in our charge, and no man of us is missing.

50 “So we have brought as an offering to the Lord what each man found, articles of gold, armlets and bracelets, signet rings, earrings and necklaces, ato make atonement for ourselves before the Lord.”

51 Moses and Eleazar the priest took the gold from them, all kinds of wrought articles.

52 All the gold of the offering which they offered up to the Lord, from the captains of thousands and the captains of hundreds, was 16,750 shekels.

53 The men of war had taken booty, every man for himself.

54 So Moses and Eleazar the priest took the gold from the captains of thousands and of hundreds, and brought it to the tent of meeting as aa memorial for the sons of Israel before the Lord.

Tony Soprano would have been proud of the Lord.

But what kind of a fucking "GOD" orders the mass murder of innocents then has his armies rape the virgins and take them for themselves? Virgins equals what? 12 year-old girls?

I'm wondering what he did with the 32 virgins he kept for himself.

I think that was the pep talk before Jericho.
Kill all who don't flee before you, women and children included.

Nice bunch.

come in and murder all and take their land. Does sound kind of American though.
Then they got punished for not killing everybody.

New Testament:

A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up. (Mark 10:32-45)

A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace. (Romans 12:9-21)

*shrug*

wrong.

mark 10:32-45
A Third Time Jesus Foretells His Death and Resurrection32 They were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus was walking ahead of them; they were amazed, and those who followed were afraid. He took the twelve aside again and began to tell them what was to happen to him, 33saying, ‘See, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn him to death; then they will hand him over to the Gentiles; 34they will mock him, and spit upon him, and flog him, and kill him; and after three days he will rise again.’
The Request of James and John35 James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came forward to him and said to him, ‘Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you.’ 36And he said to them, ‘What is it you want me to do for you?’ 37And they said to him, ‘Grant us to sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your glory.’ 38But Jesus said to them, ‘You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?’ 39They replied, ‘We are able.’ Then Jesus said to them, ‘The cup that I drink you will drink; and with the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized; 40but to sit at my right hand or at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared.’
41 When the ten heard this, they began to be angry with James and John. 42So Jesus called them and said to them, ‘You know that among the Gentiles those whom they recognize as their rulers lord it over them, and their great ones are tyrants over them. 43But it is not so among you; but whoever wishes to become great among you must be your servant, 44and whoever wishes to be first among you must be slave of all. 45For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.’

Romans 12:9-21
Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; 10love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honour. 11Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord.* 12Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. 13Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly;* do not claim to be wiser than you are. 17Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. 18If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God;* for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.’ 20No, ‘if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.’ 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

seems as if Mr. Shrug is a liar when it comes to quoting scripture. no surprise.

wrong.

mark 10:32-45
A Third Time Jesus Foretells His Death and Resurrection32 They were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus was walking ahead of them; they were amazed, and those who followed were afraid. He took the twelve aside again and began to tell them what was to happen to him, 33saying, ‘See, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn him to death; then they will hand him over to the Gentiles; 34they will mock him, and spit upon him, and flog him, and kill him; and after three days he will rise again.’
The Request of James and John35 James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came forward to him and said to him, ‘Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you.’ 36And he said to them, ‘What is it you want me to do for you?’ 37And they said to him, ‘Grant us to sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your glory.’ 38But Jesus said to them, ‘You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?’ 39They replied, ‘We are able.’ Then Jesus said to them, ‘The cup that I drink you will drink; and with the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized; 40but to sit at my right hand or at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared.’
41 When the ten heard this, they began to be angry with James and John. 42So Jesus called them and said to them, ‘You know that among the Gentiles those whom they recognize as their rulers lord it over them, and their great ones are tyrants over them. 43But it is not so among you; but whoever wishes to become great among you must be your servant, 44and whoever wishes to be first among you must be slave of all. 45For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.’

Romans 12:9-21
Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; 10love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honour. 11Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord.* 12Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. 13Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly;* do not claim to be wiser than you are. 17Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. 18If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God;* for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.’ 20No, ‘if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.’ 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

seems as if Mr. Shrug is a liar when it comes to quoting scripture. no surprise.

He doesn't even know the bible.

He makes his bullshit up as he goes.

Are you surprised?

Yep, it sure does.:eek:

Sure does! :eek2:

images

Numbers 31:17–18
17 “Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately.
18 “But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves.

Hell, not only did the christian God of the bible have his armies slaughter people he didn't like and give the virgin pussy to his armies, he also told them how to divide the rest of the booty .. after taking a portion for himself ..

Division of the Booty

25 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,

26 “You and Eleazar the priest and the heads of the fathers’ households of the congregation take a count of the booty 1that was captured, both of man and of animal;

27 and adivide the booty between the warriors who went out to battle and all the congregation.

28 “Levy a tax for the Lord from the men of war who went out to battle, one 1in five hundred of the persons and of the cattle and of the donkeys and of the sheep;

29 take it from their half and give it to Eleazar the priest, as an offering to the Lord.

30 “From the sons of Israel’s half, you shall take one drawn out of every fifty of the persons, of the cattle, of the donkeys and of the sheep, from all the animals, and give them to the Levites who akeep charge of the tabernacle of the Lord.”

31 Moses and Eleazar the priest did just as the Lord had commanded Moses.

32 Now the booty that remained from the spoil which the men of war had plundered was 675,000 sheep,

33 and 72,000 cattle,

34 and 61,000 donkeys,

35 and of human beings, of the women who had not known man intimately, all the persons were 32,000.

36 The half, the portion of those who went out to war, was as follows: the number of sheep was 337,500,

37 and the Lord’s levy of the sheep was 675;

38 and the cattle were 36,000, from which the Lord’s levy was 72;

39 and the donkeys were 30,500, from which the Lord’s levy was 61;

40 and the human beings were 16,000, from whom the Lord’s levy was 32 persons.

41 Moses gave the levy which was the Lord’s offering to Eleazar the priest, just aas the Lord had commanded Moses.

42 As for the sons of Israel’s half, which Moses separated from the men who had gone to war—

43 now the congregation’s half was 337,500 sheep,

44 and 36,000 cattle,

45 and 30,500 donkeys,

46 and the human beings were 16,000—

47 and from the sons of Israel’s half, Moses took one drawn out of every fifty, both of man and of animals, and gave them to the Levites, who kept charge of the tabernacle of the Lord, just as the Lord had commanded Moses.

48 Then the officers who were over the thousands of the army, the captains of thousands and the captains of hundreds, approached Moses,

49 and they said to Moses, “Your servants have taken a census of men of war who are in our charge, and no man of us is missing.

50 “So we have brought as an offering to the Lord what each man found, articles of gold, armlets and bracelets, signet rings, earrings and necklaces, ato make atonement for ourselves before the Lord.”

51 Moses and Eleazar the priest took the gold from them, all kinds of wrought articles.

52 All the gold of the offering which they offered up to the Lord, from the captains of thousands and the captains of hundreds, was 16,750 shekels.

53 The men of war had taken booty, every man for himself.

54 So Moses and Eleazar the priest took the gold from the captains of thousands and of hundreds, and brought it to the tent of meeting as aa memorial for the sons of Israel before the Lord.

Tony Soprano would have been proud of the Lord.

But what kind of a fucking "GOD" orders the mass murder of innocents then has his armies rape the virgins and take them for themselves? Virgins equals what? 12 year-old girls?

I'm wondering what he did with the 32 virgins he kept for himself.

Do you know why God required destruction of the males and women who had been intimate with males of this tribe? They were descendants of Canaan.

...when Ham, the son of Noah, went into his father’s tent while Noah was in a drunken stupor, and “saw the nakedness of his father.” (see Genesis 9:22)
While somewhat euphemistic, this phrase is a Hebrew metaphor which literally means to engage in illicit sex with. The phrase appears other places in Scripture, but this incidence is quite telling.
Verse 24 of the same chapter says, “And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.”
This was not a case of Ham simply stumbling into his father’s tent and accidentally finding him naked. His act toward his father had lifetime consequences that extended to every generation that came forth from his loins.
Since Ham already had a son, Canaan, Noah could not cut off the seed coming forth from his son, so he said, “Cursed be Canaan: a servant of servants shall he be to his brethren.” (verse 25)
The further consequence of Ham’s sin of homosexuality is illustrated in the fact that the seven sons of Canaan each fathered tribes that became nations occupying all of what generally became known as the land of Canaan. Those seven nations were identified as the Hittites, the Jebusites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, and the Canaanites. The curse of Noah upon Ham’s seed was, in reality, God’s curse; and in Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, the Lord says to Moses, “When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whiter thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou; And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them: thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them; Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son……”
[SMA]

Republican affiliation is down in almost every major demographic. A majority of Americans say there's no clear leader for the GOP. And its top House Republican, John Boehner of Ohio, acknowledges that his party is in a "deep hole" right now.

Despite all the bad news for the country's right, here's one good: conservatives remain the largest ideological group in the U.S.

Today's Gallup Poll reports that 40% of Americans identify their political views as conservative, while 35% say they're moderate and 21% call themselves liberal. And though Dems won control of Congress and the White House last November, the percentage of self-identified conservatives is actually up from last year, when 37% of Americans put themselves in the conservative bracket.

"While these figures have shown little change over the past decade, the nation appears to be more polarized than it was in the early 1990s," pollster Lydia Saad noted.

Another note: Republicans tend to be more ideologically unified, with 73% of the GOP calling themselves conservative, while Dems are more split -- 40% say they're moderate, while 38% identify themselves as liberal and 22% say they're conservative.

Click Here
But how much longer can conservatives remain the largest ideological group if they keep swinging farther to the right and become more exclusive in an effort to obtain ideological purity? They've alienated the younger generations. Conservatives are predominantly white aging males. So the laws of biology are working against them.

Also, their ideological rigidity is preventing them from building coalitions with independents and moderates who share some common ground but not all. How can they build governing coalitions if they continue to be the angry white guy party that demands ideological purity?

I'm sure eventually Republicans will see the light cause the alternative is either irrelevence or oblivian.

Last edited:
Back