Prove to me that God doesn’t exist

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Yup... very depressing indeed... "own nothing and be happy about it"...

Imagine no Dutch Uncle
I wonder if you can
No need for forum trolling
Let's put to test this plan

Imagine all the users
Posting logically

I beg to differ

Understanding the human mind with science gives you that connection

When you understand how the human mind could NEVER HAVE brought mankind to such a level as we see now without the elements of human interconnection it is beautiful

Mankind could not have prospered and excelled without the need to care about others

The human mind had to develop a deep need to help and understand their fellow clan members

In so doing it expanded the human brain into a dreaming machine

It can imagine a future that it has yet to live

And then create those conditions

Without our compassion we were doomed

It’s as human to be compassionate as it is to be smart

We couldn’t have one without the other

That is utterly beautiful to me
The TaNaKh, the New Testament, the Qur'an were truly radical developments in human moral thought, because they emphasized justice for the poor, universal love, and seemed to suggest that God was on the side of the oppressed and persecuted.

Those were radical concepts two thousand years ago.

If one reads the Homeric canon, the pagan Roman literature, the pre-Islamic Arabian sources there is nothing like that. The moral framework in those sources focuses on the aquisition and maintainance of reputation, bravery, loyalty, valor, and an abiding interest in what other people thought of you.

I take no sides between atheism and religion. I just got finished beating down a holy roller on evolution. This is just my impartial read on history

Yup... very depressing indeed... "own nothing and be happy about it"...

Imagine no Dutch Uncle
I wonder if you can
No need for forum trolling
Let's put to test this plan

Imagine all the users
Posting logically
How do you plan to get rid of me, Sybil? Can you say or are you only blowing hot air out of your exhaust pipe?

Although the reason all of this happened is unclear, IMO, it seems to be a culmination of human social evolution.

James Burke’s series “Connections” often linked how it took specific developments in science and technology before other advances in science and technology could happen. An example would be a digital watch: it requires specific advances in plastic, batteries, the IC chip itself, etc before it could be developed.

Likewise, I think the social advances in the Axial Age wouldn’t have happened without the previous development of human society, literacy and technology to sustain a city such as granaries and aqueducts.

Such developments would spread relatively quickly due to the human propensity to control their environment, including making war on their fellow humans. Such a city-state would have a distinct advantage over individual villages and nomadic tribes. Conflicts would occur and the city-states have the advantage.
probably some kernels of truth there.

Nomadic societies are living on the brink of starvation and they tended to think and act as a collective, individual conscience wasn't really a major consideration. Their tribal religions seemed to be focused on cosmological maintenance, not individual spiritual liberation.

The moral advancement of linking personal spiritual liberation with personal moral perfection probably has to be related to the development of sedentary societies based on agriculture, cities, and social stratification.

probably some kernels of truth there.

Nomadic societies are living on the brink of starvation and they tended to think and act as a collective, individual conscience wasn't really a major consideration. Their tribal religions seemed to be focused on cosmological maintenance, not individual spiritual liberation.

The moral advancement of linking personal spiritual liberation with personal moral perfection probably has to be related to the development of sedentary societies based on agriculture, cities, and social stratification.
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs seems to apply here.

As Rumsfeld once said during an Iraq War press conference, it’s hard to implement democracy when you can’t really on having water and electricity. Nomadic tribes live on a subsistence level. Agricultural tribes live on feast and famine; hence a global historical celebration of Spring and a good growing season.

City-States stored food and could ration it during famine. City-States had walls to protect from raiders and soldiers to conquer new territories (and defend the homeland). As the Hierarchy of Needs points out, once the basic needs are fulfilled, higher needs can be accomplished.

This starts with writing. Record keeping. Laws. Along with this the position of tribal shaman became divided into medical and spiritual positions. The spiritual ones evolved into communal beliefs and rituals.

I didn't say God wrote the Bible or that the Archangel Gabriel actually spoke to Muhammed

People in the Axial age wrote the extant canon of Buddhism, Judaism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism to fit the evolving need for a metaphysical moral vision and a desire for spiritual liberation.

Religion was the vehicle in which those developments in human moral vision evolved. Spiritual liberation resulting from personal moral development was the key turning point of the Axial Age

No where in scripture does it say anyone but Michael is Arahangeldownload.jpg

Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs seems to apply here.

As Rumsfeld once said during an Iraq War press conference, it’s hard to implement democracy when you can’t really on having water and electricity. Nomadic tribes live on a subsistence level. Agricultural tribes live on feast and famine; hence a global historical celebration of Spring and a good growing season.

City-States stored food and could ration it during famine. City-States had walls to protect from raiders and soldiers to conquer new territories (and defend the homeland). As the Hierarchy of Needs points out, once the basic needs are fulfilled, higher needs can be accomplished.

This starts with writing. Record keeping. Laws. Along with this the position of tribal shaman became divided into medical and spiritual positions. The spiritual ones evolved into communal beliefs and rituals.

Plausible reasoning.

One hypothesis is that a persisting upsurge in violence across Eurasia during the dark ages of the late Bronze age fueled a lingering anxiety and spiritual crisis among people, promoting them to look inward in seeking some transcendent meaning in life

1) Thanks for admitting you’ve read the entire Bible.

2) Thanks for admitting that you take the Bible literally as the direct word of God.

:thup:

I don't think anyone here has read the bible cover to cover, and not with the type of consistency that would allow one to recall all details from the tips of one's fingers.

The archangel Gabriel is the spiritual entity that revealed God's word to Muhammed

I don't think anyone here has read the bible cover to cover, and not with the type of consistency that would allow one to recall all details from the tips of one's fingers.

The archangel Gabriel is the spiritual entity that revealed God's word, to Muhammed
I have read it cover to cover. It took a very long time, because it would put me to sleep, but I can not recall all details, just the ones that made an impression.

I have read it cover to cover. It took a very long time, because it would put me to sleep, but I can not recall all details, just the ones that made an impression.

Ancient writing can often be boring, but the fact remains that the best way to stop a person from shoving a book in your face is to be able to intellectually quote the book in question.

Notice that, except for a few choice phrases given to the white supremacist, pedophile-supporting Alt-Right, they aren’t Biblical scholars.

Education is a primary key to victory. Wanna guess who is against that idea? LOL

I have the Douche Duck on ignore.

He isn't going to get the attention he so desperately craves.

Douche, when you die - which will no doubt be soon given your abuse of drugs and alcohol - no one will miss you - no one will notice - the world will just be a better place.

I have the Douche Duck on ignore.

He isn't going to get the attention he so desperately craves.

Douche, when you die - which will no doubt be soon given your abuse of drugs and alcohol - no one will miss you - no one will notice - the world will just be a better place.

Everyone hates Doc Dutch.

Notice that, except for a few choice phrases given to the white supremacist, pedophile-supporting Alt-Right, they aren’t Biblical scholars.
No, Terry. One cannot notice that which is false or that is not real. No one can notice the fleeting, errant sensations on your brain stem.

Education is a primary key to victory. Wanna guess who is against that idea?
Besides you? I can think of several others on JPP who find the concept of "learning" morally reprehensible. Fortunately for you there's no risk of that. Other leftists, however, live with the constant fear that some accurate information might be perceived in some way and stick.

No, Terry. One cannot notice that which is false or that is not real. No one can notice the fleeting, errant sensations on your brain stem.

Besides you? I can think of several others on JPP who find the concept of "learning" morally reprehensible. Fortunately for you there's no risk of that. Other leftists, however, live with the constant fear that some accurate information might be perceived in some way and stick.

Are you back to give us a sermon??????

Back