Prove to me that God doesn’t exist

I did not say you could prove EVERY negative. But you did say you could not prove a negative.

One can prove a negative.

There is no living African elephant in my desk drawer.

I open the drawer...and prove it.
Slow week at the Old Folk's Home?

Sure, Flash. You can prove there's no African Elephants in your drawers and Sybil can prove his bag is missing all of it's marbles. Congrats!

Now prove there is or isn't an afterlife. :)

7kk9ef.jpg

*now correct the error the errors in my post and you can consider your day fulfilled. LOL

Last edited:
Slow week at the Old Folk's Home?

Sure, Flash. You can prove there's no African Elephants in your drawers and Sybil can prove his bag is missing all of it's marbles. Congrats!

Now prove there is or isn't an afterlife. :)

7kk9ef.jpg

*now correct the error the errors in my post and you can consider your day fulfilled. LOL

One cannot prove that there is or is not an afterlife; one cannot prove there is a god; one cannot prove there are no gods; one cannot prove LOTS OF THINGS.

However, your statement was, "Can't prove a negative."

But the fact is that one can prove a negative...just not of the universal size of gods, possible afterlife or things of that sort.

What is wrong with you, Doc? Can you not just accept and acknowledge that your statement was wrong?

One cannot prove that there is or is not an afterlife; one cannot prove there is a god; one cannot prove there are no gods; one cannot prove LOTS OF THINGS.

However, your statement was, "Can't prove a negative."

But the fact is that one can prove a negative...just not of the universal size of gods, possible afterlife or things of that sort.

What is wrong with you, Doc? Can you not just accept and acknowledge that your statement was wrong?

Semantically, you are correct. In the context of the thread, not so much.

One cannot prove that there is or is not an afterlife;
Incorrect. One could show/demonstrate ("prove" is not the right word) an afterlife. The lack of any afterlife is what cannot be shown/demonstrated.

If I were to die and go to a huge afterlife shindig with unlimited bacon-wrapped tacos, and I wanted to share this information with you, so I astrally project to you and say "Frank, there's an afterlife and they've got a great spread!" ...you'd have your demonstration.

The lack of any afterlife would preclude any astral projections from the afterlife ... which presents the halting problem .

My question to you, Frank, is ... supposing I were to die, astrally project from the afterlife, and show you some other previous living humans at the party who were killed despite not having committed any crime, and who happened to have been fetuses at the time ... would you be forced to conclude that there is no afterlife?

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
Hey, if that thought keeps you off the streets and helps you sleep at night, then mazel tov.

I leave you with this....across the globe and throughout time human beings have worshiped some form of deity (ies). Science doesn't explain everything, and faith needs to overlook the contradictions of religious dogma too often. I personally believe that something is going on out there that neither side has pondered or can accept. Perhaps we'll never know. But life is more than enough to handle without worrying if I offend some deity according to someone's "scripture". So I keep this in mind and periodically ponder it. It is what it is.

As they use to say, peace out.

Mish mash of nothing.

Man, what is YOUR problem? Do agnostics and such bug you that much? Or are you just picking a fight to extend the discussion for the site sponsors? Or are you just bored?

Great! Prove God doesn't exist so this greasy thread can die. :)

In postulating Russia's Orthodox Church rootin' tootin' Putin communism of Christiananality pedophilia phosphorous bombings of Ukraine are as vile & despicable as this Christian Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist Fourth Reich July "What is 9/11 ?" Islamidiotocracy where if a Washington, D.C. born USA citizen can't identify thieving KKK Navy Hospital US Constitution Bill of Rights arsonists on a cross despite trying more than 24 additional in all probability thieving US Constitution arson incidents then why are Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement thieving US Constitution arsonists baptize thine eyes by urinations Mengele "Angel of Death" Christiananality pedophilia so damn lily brilliant white to those crooks on Capital Hill as "one nation under God with equal justice under law" ?

Which god? There are thousands that man has believed in throughout history.

Those who actually followed the thread know it's the Abrahamic God, specifically the Christian version.

Those who leap without looking are clueless.

Those who actually followed the thread know it's the Abrahamic God, specifically the Christian version.

Those who leap without looking are clueless.

I know. I was being sarcastic to make the point that Christians are, with the exception of one imaginary being, as atheist as I am.

That's not proving a negative, Sybil. Nice try though. :thup:
"white marbles do not exist" is NOT a negative?

Pulling out every marble from a bag and showing that there are in fact zero white marbles within that bag is NOT proving the non-existence of white marbles?

You REALLY hate being wrong, don't you?

"white marbles do not exist" is NOT a negative?

Pulling out every marble from a bag and showing that there are in fact zero white marbles within that bag is NOT proving the non-existence of white marbles?

You REALLY hate being wrong, don't you?

I don't understand why people say you cannot prove a negative.

"Trees do not exist." Point to a tree, there is a tree. Proof of a negative.

Back