Questions for the religious

you have a vivid imagination, but it is based on ignorance.......

The Hebrews were just Cannaanites who were landless and on the fringes of society. They were un affiliated with any of the established Canaanite cities in Egypt and Palestine.

The north coast Canaanites gradually moved inland to the hill country (of Canaan) as the Sea People arrived.. You have heard of the Phoenicians, haven't you?

The Hebrews were just Cannaanites who were landless and on the fringes of society. They were un affiliated with any of the established Canaanite cities in Egypt and Palestine.

The north coast Canaanites gradually moved inland to the hill country (of Canaan) as the Sea People arrived.. You have heard of the Phoenicians, haven't you?

yes.....but the Israelites had more trouble with the Philistines......the Phoenicians were based farther north.......

because YHWH was not a name that God had given to man prior to Moses.....

I witness a striking similarity to people ardently discussing something like details of a plotline in "Harry Potter and the ..."

Harry Potter is still a fantasy, no matter how carefully the tale(s) is constructed ... as is the myth-based sacred screed of Christianity.

yes.....but the Israelites had more trouble with the Philistines......the Phoenicians were based farther north.......

The Philistines were five city-states of the southwestern Levant: Gaza, Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron, and Gath, from Wadi Gaza in the south to the Yarqon River in the north.

Phoenicia - Ancient History Encyclopedia

https://www.ancient.eu/phoenicia/

Phoenicia was an ancient civilization composed of independent city-states located along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea stretching through what is now Syria, Lebanon and northern Israel.

because YHWH was not a name that God had given to man prior to Moses.....
Incorrect, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob all knew him as Yahweh. Everywhere in the Old Testament that it says, the Lord = Jehovah = Yahweh

[h=1]Genesis 22:14 King James Version (KJV)[/h][FONT=&quot]14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.

http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=1051[/FONT]

no.....that name was given to Moses when he asked who he should say sent him......

And God spoke to Moses and said to him

I am Yahweh. And I showed to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as El-Shaddai, and by my name, 'Yahweh', I did not make myself known to them.

How can this be? Abraham hears/says Yahweh in Genesis 15:2,15:7,15:8,18:14,22:14, and his servants/relatives do in ch 24.

Isaac and Jacob use "Yahweh" less frequently, only in Gen 27:20 and 27:27.

Why does God say he didn't reveal his name "Yahweh", when he obviously glaringly did so in Genesis, many, many times?

I am Yahweh. And I showed to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as El-Shaddai, and by my name, 'Yahweh', I did not make myself known to them.

How can this be? Abraham hears/says Yahweh in Genesis 15:2,15:7,15:8,18:14,22:14, and his servants/relatives do in ch 24.

Why does God say he didn't reveal his name "Yahweh", when he obviously glaringly did so in Genesis, many, many times?
obviously you are mistaken......as usual......

I don't think so.. Most of Psalms are from the Ugaratic poetry.. north coast Canaanites from Ras Shamra.

What's written is what's written......personal opinion has nothing to do with the actual text which reads the same for everyone who wishes to read it. As demonstrated, the scriptures self interpret if allowed.

When studying any subject found in scripture, "THE WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD....." should and must be considered when searching for scriptural truth (Acts 20:7). All passages must be studied and presented in the context recorded (not cherry picked from the entire passage). You must present evidence (other than just personal opinion) where that particular subject matter is addressed elsewhere in scripture (Book, Chapter and Verse). It helps to have a Greek and Hebrew dictionary loaded into your desktop in order to properly translate any word and its original root meaning and use.

Last edited:

Poor PMP his Cracker Jack Trump university divinity degree fails him, once, again.

No, your third rate education needs updating.

sorry you feel its over rated.....but it still beats yours.....

13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[c] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord,[d] the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

“This is my name forever,
the name you shall call me
from generation to generation.

Back