recession fear mongers: Economy best in four years

Not that bad does not equate to good.
And that 2% is just a prediction. the same people are saying about 1/3 chance of a recession next year.
I would buy lots of lotto tickets on a 30% chance of winning.

IT'S not bad usmoron considering whats going on
but shit your ged would even have you understanding bookeeping much less economics.

I thought you were a bookkeeper, you’re not? Wasn’t that you on here bragging on being promoted from half-charge to full-charge a while ago?
Am I crazy? Top’s not a bookkeeper?

nobody is denying this has potential to take us into recession.. but there are options to curb it.. lowering rates so that credit companies loosen restrictions and offer fixed bail out options. forcing mortgage companies to offer 30 or 50year loans.. etc.

what im saying is its not like nothing can be done to stop it.

I agree, but they are not currenly showing signs of acting aggressively enough to stop it. THAT is what has me concerned.

Dropping the rates will be problematic towards inflation, the fix needs to be applied quickly so that we can refocus on inflation.

Exactly. They have to ignore inflation in the short term (next year or so) and get the housing market stabilized. Meaning get people out of ARMs and into some sort of fixed rate that they can afford. Then jack rates back up to combat inflation. The key is how quickly they move. Which means they need to at least cut by 50bps on the 11th.

I thought you were a bookkeeper, you’re not? Wasn’t that you on here bragging on being promoted from half-charge to full-charge a while ago?
Am I crazy? Top’s not a bookkeeper?

a CPA.

He probably just processes expense reports.

not as bad as coldcalling or writing want adds. LOL

USMoron the same dorks predicting 2 did so in the third qtr and it came in at 5%

USMoron the same dorks predicting 2 did so in the third qtr and it came in at 5%

Yeah that is the scary part these edicated fools are pretty much running things.
And cannot tell their anal orifice from an excavation.

top is probably the same as me.. an analyst.. doing all the crap that the sales guys, engineers, and operations dont like doing.

Listen topmoron ged gerber boy.... WHY do you suppose they were so far off? Could it be that they underestimated the decline in the US dollar? Hmmmm.... I wonder. How much do you think consumers in the US will continue to spend when energy and food continue to eat larger and larger portions of their budget? Not to mention the debt load that they now carry with the potential for the buying power of their dollars to continue to decline... while food and energy continue to escalate. I wonder how great GDP will be when the US consumer slows spending?

They have to be aggressive with rate cuts. They cannot continue down the path of raising/cutting rates over 1-2 years. They need to do it quickly.

I'm amazed toppy does so well in the market. The way he talks about the economy, it's like he's reading about it for the 1st time.

I bet he's really 12....

I'm amazed toppy does so well in the market. The way he talks about the economy, it's like he's reading about it for the 1st time.

I bet he's really 12....

His 401k managers run his investments for him. And he probably gets Chevron stock as an employee benefit. Not bad for a CPA.

And once consumer spending drops and stays low for a while the layoffs and such begin feeding the downward economic spiral.

Back