recession fear mongers: Economy best in four years

LOL

Naw, I don't want SF to have another meltdown. I think I made him go up right to the edge a couple times :)

How else have you made him go to the edge? And please the more details the better when I respond in quotes.

But if you starve the kids, that will make the war on them that much easier. They would be far simpler to catch.

This is true. I changed my mind. Actually, we should just stop serving lunch altogether at school. If those little effers can't keep up they should be thrown into a factory.

How else have you made him go to the edge? And please the more details the better when I respond in quotes.

I told him my "package" was bigger than his.

Just kidding. Nah, I'm going to be good. He's very excitable, and i don't want to make him flip out.

He's very sensitive. :)

Tiana,

I'd appreciate it instead, if you'd post the exchange with SF about public funding for science.

The one where SF said we didn't need public funding for science, and proudly pointed to research done at some private university somewhere.

At that point I linked him up with that university's research grants page, which showed that something like 90% of their research funding came from public agencies.

I think it was at that point, SF IA'd me for like the third consecutive time. :cool:

Since Darla was kind enough to post this.....

1) I never said we didn't need ANY funding... that is YOUR strawman

2) I said MD Anderson gets the majority of their funding from sources other than the Federal government.... and they do... over 90% comes from a source other than the Fed.

3) You are a fucking disingenious strawman creating idiot. Which is why you are on IA.

btw lorax,

I hope to God you've given up on that "I might vote for Gulliani" nonsense you were posting over on FP. :cof1:

Hey! I was hoping no one would remember that.

Really, that was before his "Bush is 100% right, anyone who opposes the war hates America & they hate us for our freedoms" transformation....

Hey! I was hoping no one would remember that.

Really, that was before his "Bush is 100% right, anyone who opposes the war hates America & they hate us for our freedoms" transformation....

Actually if you do some digging you'll find that Cypress mentioned working on Guiliani's campaign a while back! ;)

Since Darla was kind enough to post this.....

1) I never said we didn't need ANY funding... that is YOUR strawman

2) I said MD Anderson gets the majority of their funding from sources other than the Federal government.... and they do... over 90% comes from a source other than the Fed.

3) You are a fucking disingenious strawman creating idiot. Which is why you are on IA.

Well, since you brought it up:

This one:

http://justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=121558&postcount=53

SF, I just did some quick arithmetic on the 2004 Research grants data for Renneslear Institute (the only year I could find), to quantify the amount of grants from public sources (Public agencies and institutions) and private sources (corporations, private consortiums). You can check my math if you want, but I doubt there’s any significant mistakes…

http://www.rpi.edu/research/magazine/summer04/grants.html

-Total Grant Funding from Public Entities: $10,831,937…almost eleven million dollars.

-Total Grant Funding from Private Entities: $683,244…almost seven hundred thousand dollars.

So, this private university got almost sixteen times more research grant money from public funding, than from private corporations and consortiums.

Even if we throw in ALL the Endowment spending for the entire year, for the university (about in the range of three to four million, as previously shown), It would still be dwarfed by money from public institutions….

But, we know from your link that most Endowment spending is spent mostly on administrative, overhead and operating costs. So, even if we generously assume that a quarter of all yearly Endowment spending goes to core research programs, the amount of public funding is still around ten times greater than endowment spending and private grants.

Bottom line, I was pretty much right in everything I said.

You were pretty much totally wrong, as usual: MOST money devoted to core research programs at Renneaslear comes overwhelmingly from public sources.

:usflag:

SF: “You are pathetic. We are done.”

This is true. I changed my mind. Actually, we should just stop serving lunch altogether at school. If those little effers can't keep up they should be thrown into a factory.

It works in China.... that way we could work them to death and all. Get a few cheap shirts out of the war.

Well, since you brought it up:

This one:

Quote:
SF, I just did some quick arithmetic on the 2004 Research grants data for Renneslear Institute (the only year I could find), to quantify the amount of grants from public sources (Public agencies and institutions) and private sources (corporations, private consortiums). You can check my math if you want, but I doubt there’s any significant mistakes…

http://www.rpi.edu/research/magazine...04/grants.html

Quote:
-Total Grant Funding from Public Entities: $10,831,937…almost eleven million dollars.

-Total Grant Funding from Private Entities: $683,244…almost seven hundred thousand dollars.

So, this private university got almost sixteen times more research grant money from public funding, than from private corporations and consortiums.

Even if we throw in ALL the Endowment spending for the entire year, for the university (about in the range of three to four million, as previously shown), It would still be dwarfed by money from public institutions….

But, we know from your link that most Endowment spending is spent mostly on administrative, overhead and operating costs. So, even if we generously assume that a quarter of all yearly Endowment spending goes to core research programs, the amount of public funding is still around ten times greater than endowment spending and private grants.

Bottom line, I was pretty much right in everything I said.

You were pretty much totally wrong, as usual: MOST money devoted to core research programs at Renneaslear comes overwhelmingly from public sources.

SF: “You are pathetic. We are done.”

:corn:

Back